Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well just noticed my former 2019 M3 SR+ has a proud new owner. Someone paid $46,998 for it (CarMax gave me $41K). Used car market is insane. When I first saw the price they were asking I thought it would be there for a while, but guess the recent price increases and wait for a new one makes them more appealing (it went online last Saturday and was put on hold twice). I must admit I felt a little sad seeing they put that ugly CarMax decal on the trunk, hope the new owner takes it off in short order. If you have a Tesla you are trading in for your MY, you owe it to yourself to get quotes other than what Tesla is offering. Total sellers market on Tesla’s right now.
That's insane, $46,999 (pre-tax) is about what I paid new for my 2019 LR RWD back in 2019.

Tesla must be coordinating a blue batch now. I ordered a few days before you and my EDD changed to 11/21-12/5 yesterday. Fingers crossed. Inner peace…
I will tell you, I keep watch on discord and the last 9 MYLR were blue, only one was a demo. 5 were in Hawaii.

Increased appreciation for words “inner peace” because Tesla makes you grind so much that you get to a point of “whatever”… 😂😂
This is literally happening to me. I have gone down to checking the app once in the morning and once at night, but the neurosis I had has given way to apathy.

Actually it didn’t show in the spot as I intended (under username) and I can’t seem to edit my post.

sorry for the double posting.
YLR5 WHT/BLK 19” no tow or FSD 8/6 11/27-12/17 US southeast
Whenever you get to 6 posts, you can set a custom title and a customer signature. The custom title shows under your username and a custom signature shows under every post, though doesn't show on some mobile devices unless you rotate your phone to landscape. I found on my iPhone if I set the font size to 75% for the page it shows signatures in portrait mode, but the print. is pretty small at that point

If you scour the forums, there were some "chip shortage" hardware revisions that were sold some months ago, and were on a different fork of the OS for a while. As far as I understood it they had managed to merge those, but who knows.
What time is your pick up? We went to eat at Cheddars last night so I drove by the SC. I think I might have seen your car…didn’t do a walk through but since my kids have been very invested in this wait with me, I told them, I think I “know” the owner of that blue one. My son, who is 9 and favorite color is blue and is becoming a car enthusiast, let out a loud “WHOA! That is beautiful! Dad you should have at least gotten white seats.” I told him if not for him I might have. He wasn’t as happy about that response.
You will hopefully be happy with the finished product.

I was told by Tesla, in no uncertain terms, that adding tow hitch would change both my price and my place in line. Since that's something you can technically get after market, I would not risk it.
If that is the case, you can still get the Tesla hitch installed by them for $200 more after you get it, and it will still be much cheaper than the new pricing.

What time is your pick up? We went to eat at Cheddars last night so I drove by the SC. I think I might have seen your car…didn’t do a walk through but since my kids have been very invested in this wait with me, I told them, I think I “know” the owner of that blue one. My son, who is 9 and favorite color is blue and is becoming a car enthusiast, let out a loud “WHOA! That is beautiful! Dad you should have at least gotten white seats.” I told him if not for him I might have. He wasn’t as happy about that response.
You will hopefully be happy with the finished product.
That's hillarious, our youngest is 10, and I do have some concerns about the white seats, but I'm hoping he's grown out of the worst of his messy years :)

Pickup is at noon, can't wait!

Team Tesla… planning to get a model 3 as well. Cheapest version. What would you recommend? Buy now or wait and buy later?

My wife says she won’t drive “my” model Y :)

Worth additional $45K?
My wife, who was one of the bigger Tesla skeptics with my Model S, when I jokingly mentioned that she should think about a Model 3, decided to test drive it. We ordered it that day, and she absolutely loves it. She used to roll her eyes when I would respond to her shock of a new gas price with, “is that good or bad”. Now at least weekly she says to me with a smile.
Definitely worth it imo.

My wife, who was one of the bigger Tesla skeptics with my Model S, when I jokingly mentioned that she should think about a Model 3, decided to test drive it. We ordered it that day, and she absolutely loves it. She used to roll her eyes when I would respond to her shock of a new gas price with, “is that good or bad”. Now at least weekly she says to me with a smile.
Definitely worth it imo.
I spent $51 filling up yesterday. Makes me want my MYLR all that much more. I am counting the fill ups until that happens.

Hello all. I am trying to get insurance quotes with my company for an MYP and an MY LR to understand the difference in rates. My company's (Metromile) online portal requires a valid VIN. I someone is ok with it, could they share their 2022 MYP and MY LR actual VINs with me so that I can get a quote? I tried making up some numbers, but it tells me that the VIN is invalid. Thanks!
Try to find some inventory ones and grab the vins from them. That's what my insurance agent had told me a while back.

Hello all. I am trying to get insurance quotes with my company for an MYP and an MY LR to understand the difference in rates. My company's (Metromile) online portal requires a valid VIN. I someone is ok with it, could they share their 2022 MYP and MY LR actual VINs with me so that I can get a quote? I tried making up some numbers, but it tells me that the VIN is invalid. Thanks!
Here’s a real MYLR vin. 7SAYGDEE3NF311038

An actual VIN # won't help. The online quote generator doesn't know that the 2022 MY exists yet. I'm on hold with Progressive trying to get quote.
She is having trouble finding a quote so I'm on eternal hold whie she gets some help.

Just sharing in case anyone waiting is wondering:

Ordered my Tesla Model Y back in July on July 22, 2021. Estimated delivery date was Mid to Late October when I placed the order back in July. Eventually my account status page updated the estimated delivery to Late October to early November, and then eventually the estimated delivery date disappeared completely.

On November 3, 2021 I received a notification my Tesla Model Y was ready for pickup, and my pickup appointment was the following day on November 4, 2021 at noon. (Fremont Factory pickup.) At the time of my notification on November 3rd is when I received my VIN, and so had about 24 hours to get my insurance, digital agreements, and payment completed. It was a bit of a rush, but all ended up working out well and I drove off with my Model Y the next day on November 4th. I'm now just a few days into being part of this Tesla fam (hi! everyone), so am just getting the hang of things.

Sharing my dates because for a while in October I was just wondering if it was normal to not receive the VIN at all in the expected delivery month, though my friends working at Tesla basically told me the estimated delivery times are notorious for being inaccurate. I didn't think I would only have 24 hrs notice to get everything in order, so just a heads up. Insurance is easy to add and agreements take just a few mins to sign, but the payment is a bank connection that withdraws from your account. (Or alternatively requires a cashier's check upon arrival/pickup.) So don't transfer/convert all of your cash into assets that cannot be liquidated within the same day. :)

my estimated date changed from Feb10-Mar10 to June! Darn it! OD was 8/13 Red MYLR / 19" / tow / no FSD. I didn't know about the financing/cash payment option and was even more confused by the local sales reps. They've confirmed my profile was complete, but in reality my loan quote expired and I was pushed to end of the line. Only in October I found this forum and changed to cash pmnt. Wasted so much time :(