Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
From what I've seen, both @leaftoy and @samori01 are correct regarding sequential VINs. They generally, roughly, come out sequentially. But not perfectly sequential. 320,xxx might be delivered in the same week as 310,xxx. But on a larger scale, a 400,xxx car will be delivered later than a 300,xxx car.

And @leaftoy, regarding the numbering and place of manufacture, all VINs with "F" are out of Fremont, and the number count is for Fremont only Model Y production and not worldwide. So the VIN I was assigned, you can see the "F" in 7SAYGDEE3N"F"310973. Who knows what Austin will have for the factory lettering, but the count will start at 000,000 again.
Big surprise, but Austin’s will be A

From what I've seen, both @leaftoy and @samori01 are correct regarding sequential VINs. They generally, roughly, come out sequentially. But not perfectly sequential. 320,xxx might be delivered in the same week as 310,xxx. But on a larger scale, a 400,xxx car will be delivered later than a 300,xxx car.

And @leaftoy, regarding the numbering and place of manufacture, all VINs with "F" are out of Fremont, and the number count is for Fremont only Model Y production and not worldwide. So the VIN I was assigned, you can see the "F" in 7SAYGDEE3N"F"310973. Who knows what Austin will have for the factory lettering, but the count will start at 000,000 again.
So someone possibly in this forum will receive NA000000? Nice!

• Funny
Reactions: PatrickTM and ap105
Beware of articles which push Percentages , this usually happens when the real numbers don't fit the naritive. Remember that Tesla sales in China and Europe don't have FSD yet so all of these sales count against FSD (in percentages). In either case they should have released the actual number of FSD purchased wich likely would have been increasing YOY.

FSD is software and technically you would pay tax at the location where it is registered not where it happens to be at the time. Think of how your phone works , your taxes on the phone plan doesn't change depending upon where you make your calls from. That software adds value to the car and some states (like Georgia) tax you on your cars value each year.
Good points. The article was referring to the US, which is only where FSD is available. The article was neutral and not biased. If anything they thought FSD would raise more revenue starting next year. The big elephant in the room is Missy Cummins, head of NHTSA who has an agenda against Tesla and NHTSA.

The delivery time for my model Y was March-April 2022. And today it got changed to

Any idea what this mean? Did Tesla push out my delivery window?
Unfortunately, it could mean anything. You could have your EDD bumped up, or your EDD could slide backward. When did you order?

The delivery time for my model Y was March-April 2022. And today it got changed to

I’d like to know too. Same thing happened here. OD was 9/25. Original edd said “April” then it bumped to Feb-March, then up again to Jan-Feb.

Beginning of December I got a text that said they were moving our delivery center from CO to Nambe Falls NM, shortly after that I read someone here mention that Nambe has stopped deliveries for now. Finally, our edd was removed completely. Says the same as yours, since the beginning of December.

I reached out to chat and they said that “everything with the order is fine” and “that’s the most current information” they have about the EDD.

Hoping it comes back soon.

My MYLR was changed from March 08-April 03 to “November” last weekend. Original order date is 11/7/2021. When I placed the order the website said “October” for delivery but the date was set to March on my account the day after I ordered. Now I have no idea what to expect.

I know as a fact that there will be zero cars delivered in 2022 with those cells in the packs. Sorry.

My MYLR was changed from March 08-April 03 to “November” last weekend. Original order date is 11/7/2021. When I placed the order the website said “October” for delivery but the date was set to March on my account the day after I ordered. Now I have no idea what to expect.
My MYLR Order date was 11/14, had a similar experience with my EDD now July. I've heard that these are probably placeholders because the Austin factory is not quite up and running yet. I keep reading the EDD changes a lot and not to put much stock in it until you get your VIN and even then things change lol. I would expect 3-4 months for delivery based on what I've been seeing on the forums and tracker spreadsheet.

Reactions: ap105
My MYLR Order date was 11/14, had a similar experience with my EDD now July. I've heard that these are probably placeholders because the Austin factory is not quite up and running yet. I keep reading the EDD changes a lot and not to put much stock in it until you get your VIN and even then things change lol. I would expect 3-4 months for delivery based on what I've been seeing on the forums and tracker spreadsheet.
If your EDD is anywhere close to what a brand new order EDD is, you should make sure your profile is complete. Make sure everything on the site is grayed out, or just call Tesla and ask them to verify your profile is complete. If you do not have a complete profile you are not in line.

Reactions: PatrickTM
Anyone else have a TBD estimated delivery? Ordered Performance model 11/29, EDD showed December (no specific date range), changed to TBD about a week later. Profile is complete, selected cash until I get my VIN. No advisor assigned yet, either. I am doing carrier-direct to New Mexico though, don't know if that puts any delays on things. Sad to see, ready for my car!

So someone possibly in this forum will receive NA000000? Nice!
The last 6 digits are sequential and include all the vehicles produced at Fremont (M3, MY, MS, and MX). The VINs are assigned sometime prior to the beginning of production. With multiple production lines, it is then possible for an older VIN to come off one of the production lines after a recent VIN.

For example, a very recent MX Refresh has a VIN of 3288XX.

Last edited:
hi all new here...I"m trying to understand what to expect in terms of delivery times...having read this thread I'm even more confused. I ordered my MY LR on 9/17 with an initial delivery date of Feb/March...then on 10/19 saw that my date slipped to June and realized I hadn't completed all the application stuff. then my date moved to April/May (forget the exact day of month it stated), then it moved to Jan 4 /Feb 6, where it stayed for a while and now it just says June. WTF is this?...I was prepared for the initial 4 to 6 months wait the salesman told me to expect, but now it says 9 months? Is that real? I just sold my car thinking my MY would be here as soon as Jan 4. now it's June. really not happy with how this is being handled. I just called my sales man and he confirmed that all my paperwork is complete and fully ordered since 10/19 and said he'd put me on the list in case someone refuses delivery.

I"m not really sure that I'd accept a different configuration after having to order and wait so long but who knows

Anyone else have a TBD estimated delivery? Ordered Performance model 11/29, EDD showed December (no specific date range), changed to TBD about a week later. Profile is complete, selected cash until I get my VIN. No advisor assigned yet, either. I am doing carrier-direct to New Mexico though, don't know if that puts any delays on things. Sad to see, ready for my car!
I have TBD. Order date 10/2020 and released hold on 11/29. EDD was March 18 - April 21 and then changed to TBD last weeks back and its been like that till now.

MYLR - White/Black - 20 inch tyres.

hi all new here...I"m trying to understand what to expect in terms of delivery times...having read this thread I'm even more confused. I ordered my MY LR on 9/17 with an initial delivery date of Feb/March...then on 10/19 saw that my date slipped to June and realized I hadn't completed all the application stuff. then my date moved to April/May (forget the exact day of month it stated), then it moved to Jan 4 /Feb 6, where it stayed for a while and now it just says June. WTF is this?...I was prepared for the initial 4 to 6 months wait the salesman told me to expect, but now it says 9 months? Is that real? I just sold my car thinking my MY would be here as soon as Jan 4. now it's June. really not happy with how this is being handled. I just called my sales man and he confirmed that all my paperwork is complete and fully ordered since 10/19 and said he'd put me on the list in case someone refuses delivery.

I"m not really sure that I'd accept a different configuration after having to order and wait so long but who knows
We are all trying to understand. If it just says June now, its probably because it can't calculate what it should be for some unknown reason. Be VERY careful accepting a new configuration as majority of the time, you have to pay the price increase too and if you ordered on 9/17 its about 5k. So, if they have one with say 20" wheels instead of 19", you would pay the 5k plus the upcharge for the tires. Get it from them in writing that you will only pay for the upcharge for the added item, not the price increase.

I ordered my MYLR on 11/30.
Oh then most certainly par for the course. An actual date (or date range) will show up at some point and it will most likely be as meaningless as your TBD is now. As long as your full profile is complete, these EDD changes will have dates, or months, or TBD, and they will move up and back and remain set. They are suggestions, that change, seemingly randomly. Welcome to the EDD Roller Coaster.

Reactions: PatrickTM

No one really knows how Tesla determines the EDDs. Your best bet is to look here at the MYLR October Waiting Room, you will get a better idea of where orders around when you ordered are scheduled to deliver. Please know, this does not mean you will take delivery at this time. There have been May orders who got their MYLRs after October orders (who somehow got theirs in 4 weeks), so it is a crapshoot. But that waiting room will help you understand if June is where most people are, or is it more likely yours will get bumped closer.