Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@Destiny1701 I seem to recall seeing a similar issue not long ago with someone else. Seemed they also got banned by reselling a couple of their Tesla's within a couple of months of taking ownership. They really should define a time period in the MVPA so that this is more clear.
Agreed. Like Mercedes does when you purchase. They make you sign a min 1 yr ownership or owe the dealer 25k damages etc.

From what I’ve learned now through all this is given the used crazy inflated used market, there are quite a few dealers trying to buy cars directly and flip them for insane profit. I see what Tesla is trying to do. Have some metric in place to catch those who are buying their cars for other than end use…I get it. Not sure if the other party you mentioned sold specifically for profit…but that wasn’t the primary motivation here. It was great to earn one but we ended up buying a more expensive Y anyway and decided to use some of that extra $ to put down more $ up front and keep our payment similar.

Someone at head office needs to revisit this policy as it’s screwing with regular buyers who simply want to upgrade or sell their car and get another. That’s not a crime! I hope one day they realize their metrics were way too strict. Maybe when they start seeing declining quarterly sales someone will wake up 🤦🏽‍♂️

Reactions: PatrickTM
Not sure I’m in for that design.
If a truck id prob go with F150 lightening tbh…proven workhorse and reverse polarity power :)
The R1S is their SUV, the R1T is the truck. They've said both models will include the hardware for the reverse charging capability, which infers to me the capability isn't there day 1.

Elon has had interesting comments on this, going on about the house needing to basically isolate itself from the grid otherwise the car is just feeding the grid. Plus people will be choosing to power their house at the expense of being able to drive. Maybe this is somewhat more practical in CA or select pockets, but seems gimmicky to me, and if it's a feature an average person would ever use, a generator or power wall, as Elon has said, setup seems more practical/useful.

Nailed it. I’m torn now as this specifically affected my wife and her account…not mine.
I could technically re-order another Y on my account only. But we would lose the 8-9k price advantage and an LR would now be 5-6 months wait over a P which is literally 6 weeks.

Torn as my family is used to tesla now. It’s been 6 yrs and that’s what we are used to. Every time we get into another vehicle, we always come back to T. The kids love the music ease, the karaoke, wife loves the instant traffic updates and listening to her podcasts, we get used to using autopilot to assist and more comfortable drinking that coffee, love the sound system, the power…even our home wall charger is the black Elon Musk signature edition for referral prize (ya I referred a lot).

So dilemma. While we continue to fight this through out SA, manager of our SC, my disgust at all this is conflicted by what I know the family still wants. It’s the classic love the car…hate the company scenario.

That’s the kicker…fk you Tesla for being a bad, abusive but still hot girlfriend. argh.
The flip side of the issues I just laid out is... it’s not personal. It is a system that was set up, intentionally or not, to be indifferent to individual humans’ unique problems, issues, differences etc. I know its hard, but they’re not anthropomorphizing you, so try not to think of their behavior as having a human analogue, and don’t respond with anger. This is a technical problem and just approach it that way, as something that may be solvable if you apply yourself, or may not, but is worth the effort...
That’s uh, real money for me. Maybe not some here.
But don’t give up, just go at it methodically, think out of the box, take your time...
And you’re not wrong about the cars, there’s nothing like them on the road. I’m between two right now and got stuck in a really nice Benz and ... it sucks. It’s a serious first world problem when you start feeling like a Mercedes Bez is slumming. But that’s just how good Teslas are to drive.

@Destiny1701 I seem to recall seeing a similar issue not long ago with someone else. Seemed they also got banned by reselling a couple of their Tesla's within a couple of months of taking ownership. They really should define a time period in the MVPA so that this is more clear.
What’s missing here is an effective appeal process. It took less than a minute for all of us on TMC to figure out that @Destiny1701 didn’t place his new order with the intent of flipping it. Is there no one at Tesla who has the power to reverse this mistake who can also see the error here?

What’s missing here is an effective appeal process. It took less than a minute for all of us on TMC to figure out that @Destiny1701 didn’t place his new order with the intent of flipping it. Is there no one at Tesla who has the power to reverse this mistake who can also see the error here?
That’s what the resolution team is supposed to be..or I thought. But they ended up just regurgitating what the loss group had stated. Same clause in the MVPA. ‘We reviewed your email and statements…our decision is final.’ Not sure if they took a moment to actually understand the concern or not.

If my local SC Manager has no luck, I will take this further to their exec team. If only to point out the failing in their process.

And ya we lost 8-9k…they yanked the car 6 days before edd :(

That’s what the resolution team is supposed to be..or I thought. But they ended up just regurgitating what the loss group had stated. Same clause in the MVPA. ‘We reviewed your email and statements…our decision is final.’ Not sure if they took a moment to actually understand the concern or not.

If my local SC Manager has no luck, I will take this further to their exec team. If only to point out the failing in their process.

And ya we lost 8-9k…they yanked the car 6 days before edd :(
If you knew you didn't want the MYLR 5 Seater and wanted the 7 seater then why didn't you just change the configuration to the 7 Seater ? It would have reset your order but you never would have taken delivery and been faced with the need for selling a car you didn't want.

If you knew you didn't want the MYLR 5 Seater and wanted the 7 seater then why didn't you just change the configuration to the 7 Seater ? It would have reset your order but you never would have taken delivery and been faced with the need for selling a car you didn't want.
When we ordered initially the 5, my mother was still driving. During the period, she had a hattack (god bless she’s fine) but cannot drive now. This ended up changing our lifestyle dynamics a bit. We never really needed a 7 before. So now with mom coming along, her walker, my sister as her caretaker, wife and kids…6 pass required. The 7 works as one side can stay down for extra luggage.
And when just the 4 of us, it’s same space anyway as a 5 seater. (And kids like sitting in full rear, middle row flat and stretch out like a bus class air seat 🤦🏽‍♂️)

I ordered my Model Y LR + tow hitch + FSD on Friday, I am seeing a July delivery time frame. They are currently evaluating my trade in, a 2019 Chevrolet Bolt Premier with the recall complete. I will have to consider their valuation to decide if I want to keep it as a trade in. Sounds like mine might even come from Austin.
You are almost certainly going to have to refresh your trade-in, as it will expire (I think they only give you 30 days).

We're pretty much going the Tesla WC route purely for home value purposes. Look at home listings, when there's a Tesla WC installed in a garage, it's usually one of the first things mentioned at the front of the description in huge letters exclaiming "THIS HOUSE IS TESLA READY"... meanwhile, atleast in our area, finding a house with a NEMA installed and identified in a description is impossible unless the home owner wrote the description themselves, a realtor doesn't know a NEMA from a regular wall outlet.
Remember, having a NEMA in the garage allows you to also say, "THIS HOUSE IS TESLA READY"...and you can add TESLA (or any other EV ready).

Reactions: boingolover
I went with the Tesla wall charger. With the 30% tax credit (valid for 2021 installs, not sure it's carried over to 2022), it effectively makes the wall charger $350.

The 2-conductor+ground 6-2 wire needed for the wall charger is cheaper than the 3-conductor+ground needed for the 1450 outlet. Electric wire costs have tripled in the last two years, so depending on the length of run from your panel, the 6-2 wire could save some money over the 6-3.

The install time (billed electrician time) should be pretty much the same to install either the Tesla WC or 1450.

My electrician also installed a circuit cutoff switch near the wall charger; said if anything went wrong, we could cut the power to the charger right there in the garage rather than having to into the house and down to the basement to the panel and flipping the circuit off there.

Since you'll have the electrician there, think about whether you need any extra outlets in the garage. I had only one standard outlet at the back of the garage, so I had him install a 20amp 120v outlet near the front of the garage so I can run the pressure washer without kicking off circuit breaker.

In the attached pic you ca see the wire coming up the cutoff switch/box, then goes to the wall charger. The extra 20-amp outlet is on the wall to the right.
That is great advice. I really wish I had thought of that when I had mine installed 5 years ago. I have only one standard outlet in the garage, and adding one more closer to the front of the garage would have been great.

So I sent in my explanation as to how Tesla is in error on this and follow up email will be coming from the SC to support it…and we get back ‘our contention stands. Case is now closed. There is nothing more from Teslas end. Sorry for the inconvenience.’

That’s it? So now our family is branded ‘flippers’ because we wanted to switch a trim level on a Y. This company is going to the dogs if this is how they are going to treat their customers. I’ve supported Tesla from early days referred over 10-12 model S\X, over 20 model 3’s and was literally a tesla brand ambassador at a few auto shows in 2016/2017.

So here we are with one model 3…fulfilling half of what the family needs and a sanction on ever buying a Tesla (from Tesla) ever again. Is this even real?
You sure you’re not in the used cars industry?
J/K

That really sucks. I’m very sorry to hear that. Any company should not just rely on computer algorithms. I guess Tesla doesn’t understand that a lot of people change cars very frequently. Normally, no one would sell a car that early but with the crazy times we’re in, exceptions should be made. I was thinking of selling my MYLR and buying a MYP. I don’t think I will now. I can sell my MYLR for more than I paid. I’m selling it because I want the p and the monetary gain is just icing on the cake.

The P now comes with all seasons. If they had offered this before I ordered my LR, I would had ordered the P. And the “TESLA” projected during the light show, :).

If the R1S is readily available right now, my MY might already be on a flatbed. Lol

Attachments

• 78CDD788-F2D0-467D-8FC2-BFBA6576230E.jpeg
    78CDD788-F2D0-467D-8FC2-BFBA6576230E.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 59
Agreed. I remember our first early 2016 blue 90D…what a gorgeous machine. We had a bow tied around it, we had a group of 5 staff around taking pictures with us, they spent over an hour explaining every single function on the screen, another 20 min going around the car and any defects they had a buffer guy standing right there on the spot, service would drop off a loaner to our house while service being done, they actually had a ph number to speak to someone…autopilot had no nags…oh the days of feeling like a valued customer. Now? ‘here’s your car…any issues make a service appt. have a nice day.’

The arrogance with monopolistic thinking is amazing. Furious at Tesla. Still love the car. Damn.

Pics of our first in 2016…they say you never forget your first lol.
I had a 2015 S....the difference in the customer experience from then until now is difficult to even put into words....

You sure you’re not in the used cars industry?
J/K

That really sucks. I’m very sorry to hear that. Any company should not just rely on computer algorithms. I guess Tesla doesn’t understand that a lot of people change cars very frequently. Normally, no one would sell a car that early but with the crazy times we’re in, exceptions should be made. I was thinking of selling my MYLR and buying a MYP. I don’t think I will now. I can sell my MYLR for more than I paid. I’m selling it because I want the p and the monetary gain is just icing on the cake.

The P now comes with all seasons. If they had offered this before I ordered my LR, I would had ordered the P. And the “TESLA” projected during the light show, :).

If the R1S is readily available right now, my MY might already be on a flatbed. Lol
I am the same way...if they had the all-seasons on already (and the matrix lights) I probably would have ordered the P.

Reactions: boingolover
Assuming delivery happens today without hitch, this is my EDD journey. Day 156 from order date, 154 from profile completion. Delivery exactly a day later after the end of the original EDD window. Basically Tesla almost stayed in the original estimated delivery window.

View attachment 757061
I don't like the messaging of your graph - that basically the journey from ordering to delivery was alllllll downhill..... Wasn't there a peak of excitement somewhere??? 😁😁😁

March 2020 - Model 3 Performance with no software add-on
This is a welcoming group, but you are in the Model Y thread so your best bet is to ask that question here: