Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
In all seriousness, I’m more than a little perturbed by the fact that a global “technology company’s” account portal can go down at more or less 12p local time and be down for what, 3 hours now, on a weekday and they can’t resolve? My ass would be in the ringer at work if my teams were to blame. I’m really starting to reconsider despite the down payment and misc accessories piled up in my garage. Frankly, this is a joke. Although not to this degree, they can’t seem to consistently keep their web presence functional. It certainly makes me worry about the $55k I’m betting on this mess.
Hope you don’t reconsider. Their website functionality doesn’t equate to the car functionality.

1621551117593.png

At least it is the right car now....

In all seriousness, I’m more than a little perturbed by the fact that a global “technology company’s” account portal can go down at more or less 12p local time and be down for what, 3 hours now, on a weekday and they can’t resolve? My ass would be in the ringer at work if my teams were to blame. I’m really starting to reconsider despite the down payment and misc accessories piled up in my garage. Frankly, this is a joke. Although not to this degree, they can’t seem to consistently keep their web presence functional. It certainly makes me worry about the $55k I’m betting on this mess.
It is wild to see comments like this as if Tesla's web team is all sitting with their thumbs up their butts. I am not at all envious of their web team or certainly whoever is accountable for the firmware update, whoever works on supply chain, etc. I guarantee you it is not a happy office and everyone is working as hard as they can to fix things. They may not be transparent about it, but they're not out sunbathing RN...

So really, you can’t take your Tesla thru an auto car wash?
Definitely can. I've been behind a Model S in the auto car wash lane and it didn't short circuit or blow up. I personally wouldn't take our S through the Quick Quack because I know those brushes just pick up grit and dirt from the car ahead of you and slap it against the paint when it's your turn. I don't mind it on my wife's white 15-year-old Lexus though -- swirls would just blend in with all the other scratches the wife has collected over the years.

Tesla, SpaceX are both notorious for their absolutely horrendous corporate culture. Really poor management styles, no work/life balance because you're "changing the world" and there's always another tech bro to take your position and work more hours.

Devs are absolutely having a terrible time right now. And the fault for it starts at the top (Elon) all the way down to middle management. Let's not lay fault on the development team. We're talking about a very much non-critical site feature.

It is wild to see comments like this as if Tesla's web team is all sitting with their thumbs up their butts. I am not at all envious of their web team or certainly whoever is accountable for the firmware update, whoever works on supply chain, etc. I guarantee you it is not a happy office and everyone is working as hard as they can to fix things. They may not be transparent about it, but they're not out sunbathing RN...
I would respect them more if they were out sunbathing...:cool:

Tesla, SpaceX are both notorious for their absolutely horrendous corporate culture. Really poor management styles, no work/life balance because you're "changing the world" and there's always another tech bro to take your position and work more hours.

Devs are absolutely having a terrible time right now. And the fault for it starts at the top (Elon) all the way down to middle management. Let's not lay fault on the development team. We're talking about a very much non-critical site feature.

This x100000. Coming from someone with close friends at SpaceX, this is 200000% the culture.

No doubt Tesla has a relatively tiny web team trying to keep all this stuff up and running.

Have faith everyone! I finally took delivery of my Y today. I asked about the software issue and my SA seemed to know nothing about it. I got my VIN fairly quick and delivery went pretty smooth. I hope everyone on here finally gets relief ASAP!

Wait, what the ****? How? Literally the same order as me minus the black interior. How? What's the birthday of the vehicle? VIN range in 180,xxx-190,xxx? Did you buy out of inventory? When did you get notification of the VIN?