Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If you’re worried about quality, wait until they start Y production in TX late this year / early next. Otherwise, expect at least some issues, especially with gaps. You’d also get the 4680s if you wait. They’d been making the S and X for years until 12/2020 and they STILL had panel gap and finish issues.

I would bet most people here get delivery by 6/30 unless you ordered last week. They’re pumping them out and will figure out this firmware thing.

How'd you get that rate from NFCU? Their current rate for 60 months is 2.29%. In reality, it only makes a $2 / month difference to me to try to get a rate match from Tesla from 2.49% to 1.99% to match PenFed. If I'm bored next week, I'll contact my SA and see what can be done with Chase (Tesla.). I was originally going to pay cash, but the SA / store manager really encouraged my to apply, so I guess getting Tesla-arranged financing is either a performance metric, or a bonus for the SA / manager. In traditional dealer financing, the finance guy gets a cut from the application fee, and the dealer gets points.
1EB13484-BDE3-4904-B2D1-321D1B815249.jpeg

So this is the current rates for NFCU, off the app itself. (I already bank with them).

if you qualify for the direct deposit/active duty account, you get .25% off whatever the best rate you qualify for. So yeah..2.19% - .25% discount… 1.94%

Reactions: maus92
If you’re worried about quality, wait until they start Y production in TX late this year / early next. Otherwise, expect at least some issues, especially with gaps. You’d also get the 4680s if you wait. They’d been making the S and X for years until 12/2020 and they STILL had panel gap and finish issues.

I would bet most people here get delivery by 6/30 unless you ordered last week. They’re pumping them out and will figure out this firmware thing.
For the record, all car manufacturers have body issues even on new cars. So I don’t know what the huge deal is. I mean yeah if you can’t open or close a door that’s one thing.

For the record, all car manufacturers have body issues even on new cars. So I don’t know what the huge deal is. I mean yeah if you can’t open or close a door that’s one thing.
Agreed. I was at a Toyota dealership a couple of years ago looking at a used Model S they had in inventory and spotted a brand new Avalon with a glaringly misaligned hood. It didn’t match the fender at all. Teslas have greatly improved build quality while the well-regarded Toyota manufacturing has quietly cut corners and slipped. I will try and find those old photos to prove my point.

I wouldn't hold my breath for Giga Texas to improve in quality at least immediately. Give it the usual 6 months to 1 year sort of thing.

Still the same "5 to 9 weeks from order date" (am now in the ballpark) and have never had an actual date range (nor a VIN), but I did receive the email from Tesla last week with a link to a Virtual Orientation "because I will soon be picking up my new Tesla". First real contact from the Mother Ship... no real expectations before the end of June... although there IS a sliver of hope.
Similar boat. I got a text last week asking if I was ready for delivery over the weekend. That changed to “we need more time and we’ll have info for you by the end of this week”. Texted back yesterday and no response.

Stopped by Raleigh SC yesterday. They had so many cars that they were parking them on the parking lot islands (or whatever they are called). I asked if they were actually delivering cars at this time. Lady replied by saying "Yes, to those with matched VINs" (although I don't think anyone is actually getting VIN matched and didn't see anyone actually taking delivery while I was there). I asked her to check my timeline (I ordered 4/3 and my estimated delivery has been missing for over a month now) and she told me the end of June. Here are some pics... I hope the MSM one is mine since it's my exact config.
If only we had VINs. Still waiting on my White MYP from my April 5 order. Current Estimated Delivery: June 07 - June 25.

Do you still need to qualify for membership based on the list on their site? Or referral code would by-pass that qualification requirement?
Unfortunately it looks like you still need to be able to qualify for membership according to the refer-a-friend terms at the bottom. But it's an awesome rate for those that do qualify!

"* Applicant must be at least 16 years old, eligible and qualify for membership. "

• Informative
Reactions: sgalla04
Please look for a MYP Red, black interior :) thanks Fox
I checked for your car and mine but I didn't see either one😕
There was 1 White MYP, 1 Black MYP, and 1 Black LR. There may have been more behind the SC, but it was raining pretty heavily and it's gated so I didn't feel like it was a good time to snoop around 😅

I did talk to one of the SAs there and she told me that they will be delivering some next week in "the first wave" and if I ordered before May 1st, she would expect I would see delivery in the next few weeks. She didn't say anything about firmware or a containment, just that they would be delivering that same "first wave" and to expect our MY in that wave or the "second wave" whatever that really means haha

Reactions: FoxVega

We were buying German VWs for quite a few years and the build quality was phenomenal (I'm not talking about their electrical reliability!). I bought a Toureg years ago (up to now my all time fav car) and when I picked one out I they had ~15 on the lot and every single one was a perfect carbon-copy of the other. Absolute perfect gaps, interior fit and finish, etc. (and the Toureg interiors were INSANELY complicated with expensive soft touch materials).

I'm sure some of their less expensive Tennessee or Mexico model builds might have issues, but their German plants were (are still?) incredible.

Reactions: 63AMG