Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We have the same notice from our manage order page, 6-10 weeks, has not changed since May 14th.

Springfield Tesla told us last Wednesday at our recon visit... things will heat up for MY shortly. Waiting, hoping, walking.

:)
Haven't seen anyone report anything from Springfield wish we could get pics! My SA also told me by this week I should start hearing something about VIN, I just wonder if poor Sapphire is just sitting outside all this time :(

I drove by Tesla in Peabody MA and saw about 15-30 cars sitting in the back of the building the cars are now green because of the pollen which means they are sitting there for quite some time now.

Ordered mine on 4/6 no VIN, Communication with SA is limited to Tesla does not guarantee a delivery window and dates can change all the time

Reactions: dsandhu
Just curious for when delivery day does come. Can I go down with a cashier check from my credit union? Rather than waiting and hoping they overnight it to Tesla? My credit union is local and 10 min from my work.
Yeah you can just bring the check :)
I'm looking at the Tesla ordering website and the delivery estimate for the MY LR is 4-12 weeks but for the P it's 3-5 weeks. Anyone know why the difference?
Demand is higher for LR

Reactions: Vin_L
Um, I honestly will give my SA huge credit. He updates me weekly, send articles and has held communication with me the whole process.
has given me an over night test drive etc.

Most people on this forum can’t even get ahold of their SA. Meanwhile I have my SA personal cell phone number and he is really trying to keep me hyped and updated.

let’s see when this week brings
SA? Whats that? Can i add it to my MY order?

Jokes aside, Maybe i should go to my local SC. Never been to one… i know i know…

• Funny
Reactions: IAmCrispy
Um, I honestly will give my SA huge credit. He updates me weekly, send articles and has held communication with me the whole process.

Most people on this forum can’t even get ahold of their SA. Meanwhile I have my SA personal cell phone number and he is really trying to keep me hyped and updated.

You are winning with your SA, i just get lies and a MY sold from under me, so i switched SC's and will only use Monterrey/Seaside as a super charger stop

• Love
Reactions: MrsLabib
My trade in value with Tesla was horribly low. They gave me $6,000 less than Carvana and CarMax. I ended up selling it to the dealership I work for for $10,000 more than what Tesla offered.
I ran quotes on my car too and Carvana had the highest one.. However, I'm in the process of having my car bought back by the manufacturer.. Car really has no issues but there were some battery fires in Korea on the LG battery in the Kona Electric and Hyundai decided to replace all batteries in all affected Kona Electrics world wide. There is a 0.1% chance that my battery has that defect but because they won't know without opening the battery cells in the car, they are replacing all batteries worldwide. This may take a year or more to complete and meanwhile, they limit charging to 80% to mitigate fire risk which is not acceptable to many, so Hyundai is offering to buy back any 2019 Kona Electrics affected by the recall.. I don't have my offer yet, but I'm sure that it will be more than Carvana would give me for the car..

Ummm, I started the minute I ordered. Were we supposed to stop at some point? :)

funny I haven't really bugged mine, only reached out to him twice to add a referral code to my order and to upgrade the wheels. other than that radio silence on both sides. I actually stopped by the dealership over the weekend to gawk at the cars and put a temp hold on my order.

Reactions: MrsLabib
Thank you all for your help with my DCU credit union question. I finished my application by joining a school fund for $10, and was pre-approved for a $35,000 loan - which is not enough. I want to borrow about $52,000 - do they loan higher amounts? My score is about 815, unblemished credit history, etc.
I went through that too. What you do is, DO NOT click the "Add" Auto Loan option during your membership application. Just do a straight membership application. Once you complete it and can log into your online account, then you can apply for the 1.49% 65-month term and enter any amount you want. Do not select the 72- or 84-month option as those do not qualify for the 1.49%, even if you're approved for that term.

I went through that too. What you do is, DO NOT click the "Add" Auto Loan option during your membership application. Just do a straight membership application. Once you complete it and can log into your online account, then you can apply for the 1.49% 65-month term and enter any amount you want. Do not select the 72- or 84-month option as those do not qualify for the 1.49%, even if you're approved for that term.
Curious what is the turn around time is? I'm already a member, but let say I get a message from Tesla saying I have to take delivery within 3 days. Is that enough time to apply for the loan, get the check mailed?

Curious what is the turn around time is? I'm already a member, but let say I get a message from Tesla saying I have to take delivery within 3 days. Is that enough time to apply for the loan, get the check mailed?
I would think so, as long as you're immediately approved and can upload the Purchase Order Agreement (showing the VIN). Then call DCU directly and speak with someone so they can start the review of all your document(s), that is how it was explained to me (specifically to call them after you upload the necessary order agreement with VIN). They can then review everything same day and overnight the check to you, provided you call them before 4PM EST.

Another NY guy! Yep, I made the same trip past Smithtown like 2 weeks ago and the lot looked exactly the same. Hopefully progress soon!

Another NY guy here. Ordered 4/17 MYLR, 5 seats, white. Delivery date was pushed a few days ago to June 16-30 (no VIN assigned yet). I really hope I can get the car before the end of June so I can claim the NY EV rebate.

BTW, I checked the insurance costs for Tesla, and the prices seems extremely high ($400-500/month). Is anyone from the NYC area can share potential insurance costs? I know that it is very subjective, but a range would be great (I'm over 30 with no prior accidents; hadn't owned a car for a while now as I live in the city).

Thanks and hope to see some VINs assigned this weeks!