Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just wow….
Awful and sorry to hear that. Only response I have is it took me three tries, five orders and three different Ys to actually get my delivery. The point is, we all know Tesla PRE delivery and communication suck. The cars are worth the wait but you have to be beyond patient (or willing to pay for an MYP) to get your car.

Keep checking inventory. At this point, nothing they do surprises me. It’s all about investors, not customers.

Awful and sorry to hear that. Only response I have is it took me three tries, five orders and three different Ys to actually get my delivery. The point is, we all know Tesla PRE delivery and communication suck. The cars are worth the wait but you have to be beyond patient (or willing to pay for an MYP) to get your car.

Keep checking inventory. At this point, nothing they do surprises me. It’s all about investors, not customers.
I just checked MSP inventory -- two Ps but no LR

Great info here. Ordered 6/13/21, paperwork complete 6/14. LR, white on white, 20" wheels, FSD, 5 seat. Located in GA.

No VIN yet and DD estimated 8/3 - 8/23 as of this morning. Last 2 days it showed 8/9 - 8/29.
updated DD is now July 3 - 17th. Still no VIN assigned. Based on this and what I've read above, Tesla really has no idea when my vehicle will be delivered!

This morning, after a just under week of a July 03-28, I was changed to September... disappointing.

MY LR | Black | Black | 20” Wheels | 5 seat | No FSD
Ordered 5/10 | Original EDD 2-10 weeks | Pickup Lynnwood wa
Current EDD 6/13-6/30, 6/13-6/23, 7/3-7/23, 7/7-7/27, September, 6/14-6/23, 6/19-6/23, September, 7/8 7/28, September

Last edited:
Ok so same story as before... My car would not arrive before the end of the quarter so essentially they gave it to someone else thats closer to it so they can get the Q2 delivery number in... now im on a "priority list" to get matched and delivered early in July... I am f*cking P*SSED!
Wow that’s ugly, sorry to hear about this. This policy will come back to bite them in the a#* when the competition from the traditional car companies dealers heats up. Contrast this to my Lexus dealer. I have my salesmen’s personal # and we have a great relationship. Seems like Tesla couldn’t care less about building the same especially as long as their cars are in such high demand.

Ok so same story as before... My car would not arrive before the end of the quarter so essentially they gave it to someone else thats closer to it so they can get the Q2 delivery number in... now im on a "priority list" to get matched and delivered early in July... I am f*cking P*SSED!
Damn dude I'm sorry. Well on the bright side if you're holding TSLA which I bet you are, it'll do good for the stock price. Whats another week or two when earnings come out and you get a 5-10% jump on your holdings?

That said, I'd hate for it to happen to me. I guess that's what comes with buying directly from the company vs dealers. There's a trade off somewhere.

But imagine if Tesla had Chick FIl A type customer service? Would be awesome

What in the ACTUAL F*CK?! That is just — wow. I mean, I’m legit speechless. So effed up. I’m really sorry, man!

Damn dude I'm sorry. Well on the bright side if you're holding TSLA which I bet you are, it'll do good for the stock price. Whats another week or two when earnings come out and you get a 5-10% jump on your holdings?

That said, I'd hate for it to happen to me. I guess that's what comes with buying directly from the company vs dealers. There's a trade off somewhere.

Attachments

• Even_Chick-Fil-A_is_in_on_it___funny.jpg
    Even_Chick-Fil-A_is_in_on_it___funny.jpg
    101.9 KB · Views: 54

Chick Fil A customer service is on a whole other level. If Tesla service was that good, Model Y’s would cost double the price. Lol.

Last edited:
That SUCKS! Especially since you were so amped up to get your car. Maybe Q2 2021 was especially brutal because they had that back log for so long due to missing parts. I hope things won't be so bad in the coming quarters but I know that doesn't help you one whit.

The only reason Tesla can get away with this abominable behavior is because their cars really are that good.
Hang in there digitalboi! With any luck you should have your new car in a couple of weeks.

Damn, wtf! That’s a really cruel thing to do, assign a vin and then take it away?!

No change to my ED today, but I am getting increasingly impatient and paranoid that I am going to run into delivery issues similar to others that gone through disappearing vin's and increasing ED's.

I am really leaning toward just snagging an under 50 mile "new" inventory model but I'm worried that the reason some haven't been matched to buyers is that they are lemons of some kind and had been rejected by a buyer for some reason. Has anyone purchased out of state inventory and been able to find out the condition of an inventory car before flying accross the country - the stock photo's are hard to accept.

Unfortunately, in recent decades stock prices are more correlated to quarter earning/performance than true long term value. The impact on Tesla is *sugar* customer service for the rush of the quarter-end squeeze, regardless of long-term customer loyalty. Poor Tesla service is well-documented so I'm not breaking any new ground here. But the quarter-chasing mentality can lead to some perverse incentives for companies to do weird things in order to "maximize shareholder value."

This is to say nothing about the way *most* large corporations treat their workforce, which is a whole other discussion.

Last edited:
Yeah I guess average customers mean nothing, even if we have spent over half a million on their products... you have to be an influencer or a celebrity of some sort to get any sort of respect or a reasonable expectation of customer service.
I'm am very sorry this happened to you. When they assigned VIN and then took SOOOOOO long to update you on delivery timeframe, I was worried that your VIN is going to get reassigned. Possibly already reassigned for days, and they finally went around to updating your account. Looks like the worst case scenario/darkest timeline has manifested itself.

Car and Driver's 40,000 mile, long-term test Model 3 bricked itself with a drive unit failure in Dec 2019. Since Tesla doesn't do media relations, they didn't know it was a C/D vehicle being tested and written about...until they found out. Three hours after C/D published the story, customer service experience miraculously improved.

Last edited:
Cont’d because I accidentally clicked post prematurely!

So anyways, on the morning of 6/19, I get a call from the pickup center saying they discovered a crack on the roof glass of my MY during final cleaning, and said they could not deliver the car to me. They said they would order an entirely new roof glass and replace it, but there was no ETA on the part because it is on super back-order. They leaked to me that someone else has been waiting a month for this roof glass replacement for the same reason. As of now my choices are, wait until the roof glass part becomes available from factory and they install it (essentially a refurbished car..sigh) or wait until some customer in Miami, FL doesn’t follow through with delivery on my exact build MY, in which then they would match me to that VIN. The chances of that happening are super low.

They obviously have no ETA on either of those two options and will not provide ANY form of inconvenience discount/upgrade nothing! I am livid at the situation and Tesla not doing anything to make the customer happy. Their customer service through this ordeal has been horrible, and I’ve spoken to muliple managers that all tell me the same thing: “There’s nothing we can do for you right now.”

Has this happened to anyone, and if so, what was the outcome?
That's very unfortunate. If a vehicle passed QC at the factory and was delivered to the DC/SC, and they found a flaw during delivery inspection the right thing to do would be to honor your appointment and provide a loaner car (even if it's an ICE rental) while they replace the glass. They have done that very thing to others on the forum, IIRC.