Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
On a slightly happier note -- some electricians came to my house to figure out the cost for putting a 14-50 outlet in my driveway. In passing they told me they recently did this for someone else about 10 miles away. But that person had the Tesla charger installed. This means mine won't be the first Tesla in the area but it may be the second. I think they said I currently have 100 amp service so that might work for the house and the charger as long as I don't install AC as well. They really want me to install AC! I'm planning to get the price of both options.

On a slightly happier note -- some electricians came to my house to figure out the cost for putting a 14-50 outlet in my driveway. In passing they told me they recently did this for someone else about 10 miles away. But that person had the Tesla charger installed. This means mine won't be the first Tesla in the area but it may be the second. I think they said I currently have 100 amp service so that might work for the house and the charger as long as I don't install AC as well. They really want me to install AC! I'm planning to get the price of both options.
If you do get AC updating to 200A would be important to help with the electrical load. It's almost mandatory, IMO, with the amount of electronics these days.

Reactions: PatrickTM
I just got a quote for out 14-50 and found out that it will be about half the price than I was thinking it would be. We have about an 80 foot run we have to do since our panel is on the other side of the house in a finished basement. The downside is that they rolled up in a same specced MY that he took delivery of 2 weeks ago.

If you do get AC updating to 200A would be important to help with the electrical load. It's almost mandatory, IMO, with the amount of electronics these days.
Thanks! I completely agree. I see three options:
  1. 100 amp with charger
  2. 200 amp with charger and AC
  3. 100 amp and charger for now then upgrade to 200 amp and AC
Most people around here (in the high desert) use evaporative coolers instead of AC. I've been using portable evaporative coolers for the past 18 years or so. They consume water but use far less electricity. In addition, if you route the air to vent through your kitchen then an evaporative cooler will just push the kitchen heat outside instead of using electricity to cool it.

Sometimes there are a few days in a year when its both hot and humid which makes the coolers ineffective. Forest fires are more frequent around here now so there are many days when it's smokey. In these situations AC is much better. But I've got a small AC unit in my bedroom for these emergencies.

My current priority list is:
  1. Charger
  2. Evaporative Cooler
  3. 200 amp service and AC
I may never get to (3). Whether I get 200 amp service initially depends on the cost and the relative cost to upgrade to it later.

Ok so same story as before... My car would not arrive before the end of the quarter so essentially they gave it to someone else thats closer to it so they can get the Q2 delivery number in... now im on a "priority list" to get matched and delivered early in July... I am f*cking P*SSED!
I have seen 2 different people post about picking up the exact same config as mine from the exact same delivery location even though they placed their order 20+ days after me. I wonder what SAs/DAs are smoking

@digitalboi i am a Twitter nobody and liked/replied/retweeted you.

I know we are all at the start of the Tesla experience, but this has me concerned about service and other elements thereafter. When a company has this bad of a CS experience, unfortunately it may spill to other departments too.

I know the risk for subsequent issues is low, because EVs have virtually no maintenance and Tesla is great with the OTA updates etc. But what if there is a recall on something, or a major defect.

I am going through this now with Hyundai, as there is a recall on my Kona EV battery. The purchase experience was effortless, and now They have rolled out the red carpet and I can’t help but think what would the Tesla equivalent be in the same scenario.

Hey guys, honestly do you guys think going on such an emotional rollercoaster is worth it for a car? Understanding how things work with these deliveries, I'm just gonna hang back till they deliver it. I load the EDD page and refresh this for fun, but not taking it too seriously. There are much more important things in life to "spend" yourself on.

Also, while I absolutely don't think this is the way they should do business, at the end of the day you can vote with your dollars. I myself would like to vote against these business practices, but I like the cars so much that in the end it trumps the buffoonery you need to put up pre-deliv. But I understand the way it works and don't stress. EDD July 23-Aug 12? Knowing what the demand is, I'll expect it by September, hoping they'll surprise me. If it doesn't come, maybe I'll make a phone call. Or maybe I'll pick up an inventory car. I ordered when it was only $500 cheaper than it is now, so if I really want it, $500 for an inventory car ain't a huge deal (the only problem is that I really want the White exterior and those don't show up in my config -- tho Blue/MSM/Red do show up quite often!). Or maybe I'll cancel the order. Who knows. But it's not a big deal. Don't stress yourself out people! It's just a car[/material thing -- not your father|mother|daughter].

Hey guys, honestly do you guys think going on such an emotional rollercoaster is worth it for a car? Understanding how things work with these deliveries, I'm just gonna hang back till they deliver it. I load the EDD page and refresh this for fun, but not taking it too seriously. There are much more important things in life to "spend" yourself on.

Also, while I absolutely don't think this is the way they should do business, at the end of the day you can vote with your dollars. I myself would like to vote against these business practices, but I like the cars so much that in the end it trumps the buffoonery you need to put up pre-deliv. But I understand the way it works and don't stress. EDD July 23-Aug 12? Knowing what the demand is, I'll expect it by September, hoping they'll surprise me. If it doesn't come, maybe I'll make a phone call. Or maybe I'll pick up an inventory car. I ordered when it was only $500 cheaper than it is now, so if I really want it, $500 for an inventory car ain't a huge deal (the only problem is that I really want the White exterior and those don't show up in my config -- tho Blue/MSM/Red do show up quite often!). Or maybe I'll cancel the order. Who knows. But it's not a big deal. Don't stress yourself out people! It's just a car[/material thing -- not your father|mother|daughter].
Best post I’ve seen in awhile. And other than certain circumstances (like end of lease timing or needing the car for some reason) is it really that big a deal to wait a few weeks if even months for something you will own for years? Also want to add im absolutely not making excuses for tesla either, taking vins away from those who were given delivery dates is beyond the pale and awful customer service

Hey guys, longtime lurker here.

Ordered 5/12 (MYLR, MSM/Black, 5 seat, Tow, 19"). EDD started at 5-11 weeks, then 3-13 weeks, 6/16-6/30, 7/19-8/8, September a few days ago, then 7/18-8/7 yesterday. Last night as we were sitting down to dinner I got a text to schedule delivery! So I'm picking it up in Westmont IL on Tuesday. VIN 206xxx.

I called the store and they said the car is currently in Boise (sort of a circuitous route to Chicago?) with 3 miles on it, mfg date of 6/6.

Seems like this is happening - a bit faster than planned. I have a JuiceBox, but don't have the garage wired yet LOL!
I have the exact config, and exact experience with EDD but I ordered on March 27! Still waiting. Glad to hear there are others with the same config who are getting delivery... My fingers are crossed!

My EDD for an order on June 5th had been holding steady with the latest date of June 30th. Just now changed to July 9 - July 29. Makes sense as I didn't even have a VIN yet.
I’m two hours from the Fremont plant, ordered 5/9, and was showing July 8 - 28 the past few days. Yesterday SA said July dates were accurate, then this morning EDD updated to September.

It is a good thing we don’t need the car soon. I just convince myself the extra wait might result in updated headlights, updated door trim, reinstated passenger lumbar, or close enough to 4680 battery. I would still rather have the car now though.

Reactions: Ryano90 and BitJam
Best post I’ve seen in awhile. And other than certain circumstances (like end of lease timing or needing the car for some reason) is it really that big a deal to wait a few weeks if even months for something you will own for years? Also want to add im absolutely not making excuses for tesla either, taking vins away from those who were given delivery dates is beyond the pale and awful customer service
I think this forum does a good job of making people anxious and compare each other’s situation etc
For some this is an emotional purchase cos it’s their first car
For me, I already sold my leased car last month cos the lease expired and tesla promised earlier delivery. Now I have to rely on rentals/uber which is painful

I think this forum does a good job of making people anxious and compare each other’s situation etc
For me, I already sold my leased car last month cos the lease expired and tesla promised earlier delivery. Now I have to rely on rentals/uber which is painful
I will be in the same situation next month, Tesla SA suggested to extend my lease, I said I cant go through all the paper works again and pay $700-800 for plates renewal. BTW rentals are very expensive here, close to $1500 for a month.

I wonder if it's the base config that's delaying the delivery?

Reactions: noob_hunter_gu
It's also a new experience for most people. Historically buying a car has consisted of 1) researching, 2) finding the exact car you want at a local dealer, and 3) buying the car and driving it off the lot. Custom ordering a car, I think, is a relatively rare thing so while forums like this does definitely drive up anxiety, it's also educational and a much, much better source of info than Tesla themselves.

I will be in the same situation next month, Tesla SA suggested to extend my lease, I said I cant go through all the paper works again and pay $700-800 for plates renewal. BTW rentals are very expensive here, close to $1500 for a month.

I wonder if it's the base config that's delaying the delivery?
Yeah I get discounts through my employer (big 4 consulting) so it hasn’t been that expensive. More like $120-$250 for 3-4 days on 3 separate occasions. Still came out cheaper than extending the lease + registration renewal + insurance. But if I add the uber cost, I spent way more than I would have if I extended the lease. Luckily offices are closed and used car price was high so its still manageable but life is difficult without a car. Public transport sucks in USA

Reactions: casey1202