Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi everyone! Been following this thread for awhile now but decided to share my very frustrating experience.

Ordered 5/30/21. MYLR White with black interior. 19wheels. FSD. Plano, Texas. My SA who did my test drive said I wouldn't get a car until August which I was totally fine with at the time. Surprisingly I got matched to a car mid June for June 30th delivery. Everything was set to go - insurance proof given. 2 days prior to delivery VIN completely disappeared from my account. Talked with a SA who said it looks like the car had some issues which was why I was unmatched and that I would be rematched for mid July delivery.

Well a few days pass and I get a second VIN and the generic EDD of September. 2 weeks pass then suddenly that VIN disappears and the EDD delivery date was October. I was given the exact same explanation as the first one.

Next day I get matched to a 3rd VIN with an EDD July 26-31st. I was in constant communication with my SA who said he is very confident this car will be made and should have the car by the end of the July. This was 2 weeks ago. Earlier this week I talked with my SA who didn't know why my car hadn't been produced yet but is scheduled to be made on June 29th. Very frustrating but felt like this was going to be the car...NOPE! Checked my account to day and guess what?! NO VIN EDD October. UGGGGG! This is the 3rd time and this time I can't get ahold of my SA. Not sure if they are off for the weekend or what. Absolutely ridiculous! Honestly if I didn't have the wall charger already installed I would just go with the Ford Mach-e. I think I have the worst luck in Tesla history. 😢

Nice day and was looking to get my wife and kiddo out of the house… why not book another test drive at the nearest SC? Fantastic idea! wife wasn’t thrilled because she has had enough with the waiting and my constant updates about the order and such. but I need to buy time!!! she did actually drive the car this time though…

SC had almost no cars, only a MSM MY and DBM M3 for delivery…. Compared to the beginning of June the lot was PACKED with cars and Delivery row was cycling cars….

SA I talked to was nice, we were the last test drive booked for the MY that day so he let me take it for about an hour. Happy I went for a second test drive and had a lot more time. I was able to take my time with items and try different modes, along with getting my wife in the drivers seat…. Besides her not a fan of AP or FSD as a driver, it made her so nervous it was hard not to laugh. She genuinely seemed to enjoy the ride and drive this go round. I think I bought myself the 6-8wks more of waiting…

SA couldn’t tell me anything more about my order beyond what I already knew… most likely the early part of September… :(

Hi everyone! Been following this thread for awhile now but decided to share my very frustrating experience.

Ordered 5/30/21. MYLR White with black interior. 19wheels. FSD. Plano, Texas. My SA who did my test drive said I wouldn't get a car until August which I was totally fine with at the time. Surprisingly I got matched to a car mid June for June 30th delivery. Everything was set to go - insurance proof given. 2 days prior to delivery VIN completely disappeared from my account. Talked with a SA who said it looks like the car had some issues which was why I was unmatched and that I would be rematched for mid July delivery.

Well a few days pass and I get a second VIN and the generic EDD of September. 2 weeks pass then suddenly that VIN disappears and the EDD delivery date was October. I was given the exact same explanation as the first one.

Next day I get matched to a 3rd VIN with an EDD July 26-31st. I was in constant communication with my SA who said he is very confident this car will be made and should have the car by the end of the July. This was 2 weeks ago. Earlier this week I talked with my SA who didn't know why my car hadn't been produced yet but is scheduled to be made on June 29th. Very frustrating but felt like this was going to be the car...NOPE! Checked my account to day and guess what?! NO VIN EDD October. UGGGGG! This is the 3rd time and this time I can't get ahold of my SA. Not sure if they are off for the weekend or what. Absolutely ridiculous! Honestly if I didn't have the wall charger already installed I would just go with the Ford Mach-e. I think I have the worst luck in Tesla history. 😢
Damn bro, that sucks and I sympathize. I’m not the most patient person and that’s the one thing waiting for this car has thought me is to have some faith. I’m also on the wall connector already installed stage. It’s a constant daily reminder that my driveway is Tesla-less. But it should all be worth it at the end. Right?

Reactions: iratre and BitJam
My car has finally made it to the service center! But the service center doesn’t have anybody that can inspect it or detail it today even though they’re open for another four hours so I have to pick it up on Monday at noon. But at least I know it’s at the service center and I can get it on Monday yay.
Glad you are finally getting it.

Quick question, if I somehow find an inventory car with FSD, is it possible to cancel the FSD from the inventory car?
If so, is FSD the only thing I can strip away?

I have a vanilla config order (LR, white/black, 5 seat, no tow/no FSD) but I’m down to take whatever possible
Yes, you can remove FSD from an inventory car prior to making the purchase. Since it's already built you can't change anything else.

Yes, you can remove FSD from an inventory car prior to making the purchase. Since it's already built you can't change anything else.
Someone above said this wasn't true for used cars, only for demos. When I bought a demo that had FSD there was a large blue button on my order page for removing it. It was one of the easiest steps of the process.

Damn bro, that sucks and I sympathize. I’m not the most patient person and that’s the one thing waiting for this car has thought me is to have some faith. I’m also on the wall connector already installed stage. It’s a constant daily reminder that my driveway is Tesla-less. But it should all be worth it at the end. Right?
It's worth

Be patient...it's worth it. I had a 2019 Model 3 up until a few weeks ago and I can tell you that it's the best car I've ever had (previous cars were an 04 M3 and 08 M5...both manual). Build quality leaves something to be desired, but the driving experience/performance, supercharging network and tech cannot be matched by anything else today (it's great to see competition from other manufacturers but they're at least one generation behind). Little to no maintenance and the resale value was outstanding (after 16k miles I sold it to Shift for more than I bought it for). Finally, since the Y is heavily based on the 3 (75% of the parts are the same, I believe), you can have more confidence you're not going to run into the oddities of a 1st-generation model. My 0.02.

Someone above said this wasn't true for used cars, only for demos. When I bought a demo that had FSD there was a large blue button on my order page for removing it. It was one of the easiest steps of the process.
That's my understanding as well. "NEW" cars, including demo cars can have FSD removed. USED cars cannot have it removed.

My SA confirmed that they can remove FSD from inventory cars prior to purchase, but they prefer not to, and need to get their managers involved. Removing it post-purchase and pre-delivery as you did is the recommended approach.

Not spending too much time in here today, as my EDD slipped another week out to Aug 23 - September 12. :(

I know we all are so anxious to get our hands on our cars. So much expectations, frustrations and everything else you can think of, if you can survive this phase, you can survive anything as you all would have learnt what patience means.

The question to the folks who got their cars, how did you feel after you got the car (say a week of delivery). Were you still like a kid in the candy shop, or just meh or still havent reached home after you started your drive :)

Reactions: TESRP
As long as you do not change your spec (color, wheel, etc.), you will keep the price agreed upon with your initial order agreement. Note that newer order agreements (June and later) state you have to take delivery within 90 days of ordering.

I don’t see the 90 day thing as being easily enforceable, especially when most people wait more than 90 days after ordering to take delivery. Some significantly more than 90 days. But maybe if you continually reject deliveries without good reasons, maybe Tesla will determine that to be not in good faith and threaten to cancel your order. I’ve not heard of that happening though. The closest thing I’ve heard is Tesla asking the LR RWD reservation holders to change spec, or cancel.

Edit/addition: if you want the Tesla tow bar, just order it after delivery. It’s $200 extra compared to ordering with new car and you’ll have to take it to a SC to install (included in price). That way you won’t lose your place in queue and get bumped to current pricing.
No, I don't really want the tow bar, I was just using it as an example. I did go back and forth on it though and based on some video finally decided I wasn't going to be making the Y, at least not THIS Y. a big-time towing sort of vehicle. I may throw a cheapie aftermarket thing on it for a little trailer hauling junk to the dump, but nothing serious.

I've sort of decided I want to go ahead and get this one, drive it for a few years, then trade it in for a second generation once that's all worked out and all the upgrades and range are added and maybe even pay for the FSD if it's actually there and keep that car forever. I'll get the tow bar on that one, along with the software, because it'll probably be more feasible with the added range to tow something for distance.

Reactions: PatrickTM
I’m in Toronto and my delivery date was pushed from three weeks in August to the final week in August until the first two weeks in September. (Approximately).
I‘m hoping the dates will mysteriously change to an earlier delivery window.
My real frustration is the connector which I ordered on June 20 and has not appeared. Anyone aware of a connector shortage?
Hi, am in US ( NC ) ordered my wall connector July 3 and got July 13. Sorry that still have not received yours yet.

The question to the folks who got their cars, how did you feel after you got the car (say a week of delivery). Were you still like a kid in the candy shop, or just meh or still haven't reached home after you started your drive
I've had mine almost four weeks and it's still mind boggling. Like a fine wine, it gets better with age. I'm looking forward to the joys of a committed long term relationship, not just a one week stand. It feels like I'm just getting started. Camp mode, dog mode, so quiet, app control, automatic lock and unlock, fill up at home, no gas stations, no smell of gas, great stability, great acceleration, sentry mode, auto-pilot, extremely safe, etc. All cars should be like this.

Hang in there! It's worth the wait!

I woke up this morning to no EDD and I remember seeing this post and I thought to myself “holy cow, that post nailed it on the head, I am not even going to check the forum because everyone lost their EDD”

anyone else out there lose their EDD, what was your experience when it came back? Was it the same, was it closer, was it further?…..did it come back?😳

my it is just me because I have been talking so much smack about their EDDs lately….it’s my punishment probably, touché Tesla, touché.
A little update, I reached out to my SA and she assured that my car would be built before August 15th. But she couldn’t give any insight onto why the website doesn’t show an EDD because she still sees the 8/4-8/21 estimate

🤷‍♂️

MIne showed up in about 2 days here in TX, getting installed Thursday - not that I have a car yet (rolleyes)

Cheers
J
I got my WC a few days after ordering in late May. Installed it following working. Now end of July and I still have no car to plug it into. I did, however, test it with an overnight test drive loaner and it worked fine. Now consummate the new car TBD in August (?).