Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just emailed my SA about the missing expected delivery date, received the following response:

Good morning, I'm seeing a tentative date for your VIN to be assigned in mid May so I'm unsure why the date just disappeared. No worries, everything is perfect on your account and you'll have a car for sure before June 31. As soon as a VIN is assigned to your account I will call to share the exciting news.
Maybe they are gaslighting me with June 31st? Isn’t even a date, right?? 😳

Look on the bright side: at least they’re selling every single one they produce!
I've had my car for two days. Absolutely no problems. The wait was interesting because of the changing delivery schedule - it was a daily surprise! Ultimately, Tesla delivered, as promised, exceeding my expectations. Loads of technology, the ride is great, fast, nimble, roomy car. The paint is great, finish is spot on - not one single nit. Funny story - I'm driving and every so often this, odd, funny, steering shimmy would happen. I was puzzled. So, this ends up like an episode of "my father asking me why the VCR flashes 12:00 all the time": The shimmy ended up being the lane departure warning to let me know I am exiting the lane. HAHHAHAHAHA.

Oh, one thing I don't like is the auto steering - seems the lane markers in California are produced by stoners - the lines wander. Guess what - so does the car. It follows those lines with a fanatical obsession. Damn stoners are making me car sick with all the wandering around.

Seriously, this is a gnarly car. Be patient, I know it's hard - you will be pleased.

Model Y (Dr. Jekyll), Midnight Silver, 20", LR with boost. Oh, the photos are of it's alter ego - Mr. Hyde (took me 20 years to build)

Attachments

• IMG_3830.jpeg
    IMG_3830.jpeg
    637.9 KB · Views: 67
  • IMG_3829.jpeg
    IMG_3829.jpeg
    462.2 KB · Views: 52
  • IMG_3832.jpeg
    IMG_3832.jpeg
    631.9 KB · Views: 59
Last edited:
I just emailed my SA about the missing expected delivery date, received the following response:

Good morning, I'm seeing a tentative date for your VIN to be assigned in mid May so I'm unsure why the date just disappeared. No worries, everything is perfect on your account and you'll have a car for sure before June 31. As soon as a VIN is assigned to your account I will call to share the exciting news.
Haha June 31. How about June 32nd 20-twenty-never.

I'm going on over a week without a sliding delivery window.

Ordered April 18th, getting "Estimated Delivery: 5 - 9 weeks from order placed date" Kudos to Tesla, its been consistent and not bouncing around 🤣

MY LR, DBM, 20" wheels, 5 seat White interior, No hitch, No FSD
I don't know whats worse - having a sliding date range, or the week range that doesn't slide but with no dates?

Lol well they are not wrong. You will 100% get the car before June 31st.

I've ben a the same date range of May 20-June 9 for the last 10 days, the other day it asked for more insurance info and now there is a check mark next to it. Not that it has anything to do with my progress but figured I'd share. I have a feeling though from experience that next week I might be getting a VIN.

New surprise. I got an email that Tesla is changing my trade-in contract. Currently pending.

So while you all are refreshing to update your estimated delivery dates, I'm back to refreshing to see if I still have a contract at all. I paid the amount owed already based on their "final" balance. I feel like I am buying a car from Mad Man Muntz, not Tesla.
Update-
Went in to get face to face with the SA's and they got my trade-in all resolved before I left. We're back on track with original contract terms and agreed trade price with updated miles approved. Back on track to do the delivery as scheduled.

They also located my car and it is scheduled to arrive here tomorrow, Sunday morning.

Crises over,... for now.

This is the 2nd SA that I have seen say 31 when there are only 30 days in the month…are they even looking at calendars?

Moved back from June 11 - June 30 back to May 19 - June 08. Recommend you all try this format for your charts. Easy to see convergence this way and how your date range is actually trending over time.

The guy who started this thread, is in Denver as well and took delivery of his car which is very similar to mine aside from the color, 29 days after ordering. So I'm putting a guess delivery date in here using a 29 day projection from order, so we'll see. My SA was very confident yesterday that I would be taking delivery mid-May, so I'm trying to be hopeful.

Picture1.png

Last edited:
End of quarter push. Happens every time.

every single quarter end there’s a push for cars to get delivered, with priority on the highest margin ones.
Yes and to my understanding, that happens right up until the quarter ends. Which generally has led to the worst quality control as they rush so much to push things out before the quarter to get the numbers in. Because once a quarter has passed, even if you ordered in the previous quarter, they can't mark it as delivered in the first quarter if you don't receive it until the 2nd quarter? Idk just trying to understand lol