Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Where'd you get the news that there was a tow hitch delay?
Tow hitch has been out of stock for a long time on the Tesla store. Tow Hitches add on average 14-21 days to delivery. Most people on the forums here were posting delivery dates very far out from their tow hitchless comrades - which I experienced as well. Now seeing multiple data points here indicating orders have moved up (mine included).

I'm in California so there wasn't a tax incentive to trade in to Tesla.
Just curious, do you have to pay the sales taxes on the full price of the car regardless of the trade-in?

Here in Florida the choice is a math problem. you have to figure the sales tax for the state and county which is not on the full price difference but also the DMV charges too and added environmental impact. It came out better with KBB/Carmax but then there was the hassle of having to insure another car simultaneously for a few days or be stuck with no car if I sold it before delivery. So I paid a little more to have Tesla handle everything including the tag transfer. It was nearly break even.

Reactions: MrsLabib
Just curious, do you have to pay the sales taxes on the full price of the car regardless of the trade-in?

Here in Florida the choice is a math problem. you have to figure the sales tax for the state and county which is not on the full price difference but also the DMV charges too and added environmental impact. It came out better with KBB/Carmax but then there was the hassle of having to insure another car simultaneously for a few days or be stuck with no car if I sold it before delivery. So I paid a little more to have Tesla handle everything including the tag transfer. It was nearly break even.
Same in TX. Carmax offered be $10k more so that made the math easier :)

I asked Tesla if they would match and they said my best bet was Carmax because they would actually retail my car whereas Tesla would take it to auction.

In California, you can't deduct the cost of the trade in to reduce your tax liability on the new car. For example, if the price of the MY is $60k and I trade in my Honda to Tesla for $10k, I'm still on the hook to pay taxes based on the $60k car amount, not $50k. From what I understand, most states do allow you to pay sales tax based on the new car price minus the trade in. So definitely do the math if you're going to use someone other than Tesla.

I ordered 3/27 (MY LR 5) in NC and my dates where June 9-June 29 and then totally disappeared last week. Now it says 1-10 weeks.
So the fact you ordered almost a month after and you have a date of May 19-June 08 is remarkable.
Oh my! What color is the car? Did you get the tow hitch? It seems like the car specs have more to do with timing than location? Are your receiving from Raleigh or Charlotte?

Ordered 3/28. MYLR Black Ext/Black Int/Black 20” Induction/with FSD/no tow hitch. Ordered in Houston. My delivery window continuously has been pushed back day after day. Now sitting at: June 07 - June 27. Anyone else in the same boat?
Ordered mine 3/26 MYLR Black exterior, interior white, 20" inducton- with tow. Ordered in CA. No delivery dates from the beginning and no sale representative calls also. check Tesla site daily, nothing, all doen with the requirements, even paid the down payment. still nothing...look like we just have to wait.

In California, you can't deduct the cost of the trade in to reduce your tax liability on the new car. For example, if the price of the MY is $60k and I trade in my Honda to Tesla for $10k, I'm still on the hook to pay taxes based on the $60k car amount, not $50k. From what I understand, most states do allow you to pay sales tax based on the new car price minus the trade in. So definitely do the math if you're going to use someone other than Tesla.
That sucks! Another reason to leave. At least you have options they haven't messed with yet.

That sucks! Another reason to leave. At least you have options they haven't messed with yet.
Meh. It goes both ways when dealing with California and taxes. We got a $30k solar system installed a few years ago and I received a $10k credit (credit, not deduction) on that year's taxes. And there are still decent rebates for buying electric vehicles. Just gotta pick your battles.

Took Delivery Today. 174XXX black on white LR 20" gems . Its not perfect but everything is acceptable. The left-side quarter panel gap is wider at the top than the bottom. Prolly won't pursue that. There is enough of a gap on the right side of the headlight to see down into the body of the car. Will have that addressed because water will be getting in there. The left side passenger door handle isn't flush. Its sunk in about 1/8". That has to get fixed. It's really obvious. The interior has some little alignment things that to me just seem like your standard cheap interior stuff and compared to my E63, this thing feels like a go gart. But we are here for the tech right? The biggest Bunner though was they forgot my charge cable and can't get one to me for a few days for some reason so my first few days will be Supercharging which is a bummer because I wanted to test this 14-50 I had installed. Anyway. Here we go!

Reactions: ZC3505