Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey Guys, I have been watching the thread since the beginning and I thought I should contribute.

I place my order for MY 5seat White/White NoFSD 20' wheels [check signature] around mid/late-march, exactly on 3/24. Was given a delivery date within a couple of days (assuming it was the rush from Q1). Unfortunately, I had to delay it since I was waiting for my CS to shoot up to 800+. Dates kept changing from Late April to Early May to Late May to Late June. Finally submitted my credit application on Sunday (05/02) and this morning I woke up to 05/12 - 06/01.

I was advised by my SA that submitting the credit application would put me in the queue for faster delivery. I thought it was just a way to get me to submit my application, but apparently, it did work! Don't know if this was a coincidence or if it's true, but just wanted to share.

I'll keep you posted if any changes happen (fingers crossed it's only sooner).
Received sad news this morning.

Delivery date is back at: June 1st - June 21st.

Shouldn't be surprised since it is happening to everyone... But it still sucks. We mostly likely won't get them until the end of Q2, and that's if we are lucky.

I’ve heard this before but that makes zero sense to me. The Fremont factory churns out cars 24/7 and I’m pretty sure they’re not just stockpiling them all and then delivering all at once. Can someone explain this to me?

Here is what I suspect. They are working out bugs, revisions etc. Some minor, some could be larger, new headlights, etc. Until Production receives a go ahead, quantity is limited. Things are changing constantly, perhaps for example they have discovered why panel gaps are happening, especially on rear panel doors. They have the fix but it takes 2 weeks to implement, they wait, hold off and then push to meet demand. I suspect some sort of scenario like this going on. Every time Tesla produces a car with issues, it cost money..

Reactions: Emmadiane
I’ve heard this before but that makes zero sense to me. The Fremont factory churns out cars 24/7 and I’m pretty sure they’re not just stockpiling them all and then delivering all at once. Can someone explain this to me?
My guess is for the midwest/east coast orders, they build cars until they have a full trainload or six and then send them off. I'm sure they've developed an algorithm to meet end-of-quarter deadlines while minimizing shipping costs, naturally at the expense of customers' sanity. With states like mine not providing any tax incentives, I imagine order quantities are quite low when compared to CA, so filling a train will take longer.

Here is what I suspect. They are working out bugs, revisions etc. Some minor, some could be larger, new headlights, etc. Until Production receives a go ahead, quantity is limited. Things are changing constantly, perhaps for example they have discovered why panel gaps are happening, especially on rear panel doors. They have the fix but it takes 2 weeks to implement, they wait, hold off and then push to meet demand. I suspect some sort of scenario like this going on. Every time Tesla produces a car with issues, it cost money..
It is a good guess, But I believe that the first half of every quarter is for export.

all that, plus there is HUGE logisitics challenge to get them out to their respective delivery centers. I have to imagine theyre Planning the production of certain cars to make certain shipping times... To limit the time sitting in THEIR lot. (watch the YT channel "gabeincal" flies drones over it....cars go in cars go out, no sitting.

In the past, NORMAL cars spent weeks and even months in transit, and just sitting at different loading docks waiting to get on trains and trucks, only to go to a dealer and sit. All that had a system in place for years. Tesla looks to be disrupting that, and doing it a whole new way. All these cars have someone waiting for them at the end! lol

I welcome this. It seems much less wasteful to me. I have a history working in car dealers, and have fond memories of such, but I wont mourn long if that system changes completely.

This is my hunch: they'll produce similar builds and colors that go to similar places in "batches" in order to stop "gridlock" of waiting for transport, as mentioned earlier. that's why you see nothing then BAM tons of people appear to get them. again, my thoughts....

Hi All,

New here but thought I would contribute.

Ordered 4/26. MY LR white/black, 20" induction wheels, 5 seats, FSD. Originally was given estimate from 06/06-06/26 but that got updated today to 05/19-06/08.

Located in So Cal.
Just updating my wait time as it has been pushed back to 06/05-06/25 as of today.

From looking at all these posts, it seems these dates mean nothing haha.

My guess is for the midwest/east coast orders, they build cars until they have a full trainload or six and then send them off. I'm sure they've developed an algorithm to meet end-of-quarter deadlines while minimizing shipping costs, naturally at the expense of customers' sanity. With states like mine not providing any tax incentives, I imagine order quantities are quite low when compared to CA, so filling a train will take longer.
Most likely. I'm on the East Coast. It would make sense for them to wait until they can fill a train and push cars out at once. My sales guy told me it would deliver end of June when I test drove in April so when I saw the May timeline after ordering I was suspicious.

This is my hunch: they'll produce similar builds and colors that go to similar places in "batches" in order to stop "gridlock" of waiting for transport, as mentioned earlier. that's why you see nothing then BAM tons of people appear to get them. again, my thoughts....
Thanks. Yeah, this is what I expect too which could explain why someone who maybe ordered a few later than someone else gets their car a little quicker.

Reactions: Peelz