Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So they change their procedure? You now get your vin assigned after the car reach their destination and pass the inspection? Previously they assigned you a vin with the car still in the factory
God I hope they haven't changed this. Okay, we are going to give you a delivery time that is meaningless. Then out of the blue we are going to assign you a VIN# and give you 72 hours to pick up your car. Seems like a bad idea to me.

Is there anyone who has received the car outside of the delivery timeline that you got when you submitted the order?
I know we like to refresh and check the dates every day, but I'm beginning to think the estimate on order date is best. For example, mine said 4-8 weeks so I'm banking on early-mid June for mine. (ordered May 1)

Is there anyone who has received the car outside of the delivery timeline that you got when you submitted the order?
I know we like to refresh and check the dates every day, but I'm beginning to think the estimate on order date is best. For example, mine said 4-8 weeks so I'm banking on early-mid June for mine. (ordered May 1)
Interesting, I was thinking that original order date was the least reliable.

Unfortunately this isn't the case for all states. Tesla can't sell you a car in Texas. You actually have to fund the purchase while car is still in CA--and then they ship it to you. This is due to state law prohibiting manufacturers from also dealing.
So that means that Tesla cant sell you a car coming from The new factory in Texas?

Well *sugar*, I'll run by my service center and see if the number of cars there has increased. It was basically empty last time I went. My SA hasn't responded to my last contact (I try to space it out every 10 days or so lol)
Report back! I'm tempted to go to my delivery location today or tomorrow, but feeling lazy haha. Wondering if they'll be parked outside or inside the Service area...

Why do I feel like this thread is basically Tesla delivery purgatory (Illustrated using my superior photoshop skills)?
3300E350-E188-4D39-96CC-7147C145FF2A.jpeg

Report back! I'm tempted to go to my delivery location today or tomorrow, but feeling lazy haha. Wondering if they'll be parked outside or inside the Service area...
I did that today, about an hour drive to Springfield going north up the GSP. The lot was not filled with many new cars at all... perhaps they are inside being prep for delivery. I hope. The car in the showroom has a 151xxx vin. Nice blue on white.

Walk in and quietly walk around inside until someone comes over and asked if they can help me? I said maybe. Turns out to be the manager.

Told them we had a vin on Friday. Then it went away. He said can't be. Ran to get his laptop. Put in our info, all is there. The vin I quoted him is in there but the car was sent to Baltimore on another truck rather than to NJ. He showed us the MY Tesla ping page on his laptop.

What it seems is that the SA and SC are trying the best, but with all the logistics they get some issues with match on customer and MY match on truck to your SC. I think of it as batch delivery logistics under strain with the pandemic and volumes.

BTW both of the Gents we have dealt with at Springfield were super.

Every SA has a different story. :D
Had anyone considered that due to the various laws and regulations in each state being complex, that management in each state may work differently? Some states may use the VIN given by the factory. Others may be required to first "import" and inspect the cars first.

I think it's a complex web of clusterf$@@ing

I just talked with my SA and his comment was "Dont expect it until August and then when it comes before that it will be surprise"...I told him that was quite possibly the worst information/help he could have given me and not at all helpful. He laughed and said at least I didn't say September.

• Funny
Reactions: RyFreddy
I did that today, about an hour drive to Springfield going north up the GSP. The lot was not filled with many new cars at all... perhaps they are inside being prep for delivery. I hope. The car in the showroom has a 151xxx vin. Nice blue on white.

Walk in and quietly walk around inside until someone comes over and asked if they can help me? I said maybe. Turns out to be the manager.

Told them we had a vin on Friday. Then it went away. He said can't be. Ran to get his laptop. Put in our info, all is there. The vin I quoted him is in there but the car was sent to Baltimore on another truck rather than to NJ. He showed us the MY Tesla ping page on his laptop.

What it seems is that the SA and SC are trying the best, but with all the logistics they get some issues with match on customer and MY match on truck to your SC. I think of it as batch delivery logistics under strain with the pandemic and volumes.

BTW both of the Gents we have dealt with at Springfield were super.
What was the vin that was assigned to you?