Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Current estimated delivery for our MYLR white/white 20" induction is Jun 01 - Jun 22. I called my SA and he gave me a mfg/build date of May 26. Anyone experienced something similar? How accurate is the build date and how far off would be the delivery from build date?
FWIW, my SA told me I had a build date of 5/23 about 2 weeks ago. Late last week he said it had been pushed out a week to 5/30. My guess is each day it's been pushed out by a day. But who knows. I'm local to Fremont so I'm not sure if that puts me at an advantage or disadvantage since they don't have to worry about getting it on a long distance truck/train for delivery.

@FloridaSun

Interesting enough, the pic you took is the actual one of the possible deliveries of my car lol. I found out from my SA who actually works on deliveries.

Unofficially the cars currently delivered are not Vin assigned and under the software glitch issue. Once it's fixed the delivery can take place. No eta except they are hoping it happens this weekend.

He is trying to give me hope. But until the car is in my hands I won't hold my breath.

FWIW, my SA told me I had a build date of 5/23 about 2 weeks ago. Late last week he said it had been pushed out a week to 5/30. My guess is each day it's been pushed out by a day. But who knows. I'm local to Fremont so I'm not sure if that puts me at an advantage or disadvantage since they don't have to worry about getting it on a long distance truck/train for delivery.
What is your estimated date range on the website? I am also from the bay area and ordered on 4/9. My date range has been 5/23 - 6/12 for the last 3 days now.

Current estimated delivery for our MYLR white/white 20" induction is Jun 01 - Jun 22. I called my SA and he gave me a mfg/build date of May 26. Anyone experienced something similar? How accurate is the build date and how far off would be the delivery from build date?
Haven't been told about a build date--only been given generalities about expected times. Though, I've never been contacted by an SA, and I've only spoken with the order/delivery support people at the SC.

If you're in the Bay Area, I believe deliveries usually happen within a few days of VIN. My brother received a VIN on a Wednesday near the end of Q1 for his M3 and he was offered a pick up time as early as that Friday.

Reactions: Emmadiane
@FloridaSun

Interesting enough, the pic you took is the actual delivery of my car lol. I found out from my SA who actually works on delivers in tampa. Said unofficially the cars currently delivered are not Vin assigned and under the software glitch issue. Once it's fixed the delivery can take place.
There might be mine too.. Saw 3 white/white 19" on the truck and there were 2 more already at the processing area.. Can't see if they have tow hitch as the hitch cover covers the hitch. When did you order?

What is your estimated date range on the website? I am also from the bay area and ordered on 4/9. My date range has been 5/23 - 6/12 for the last 3 days now.
6/2 - 6/23 now (came down by a day on each end over night). Worst it's been was 6/9 - 6/30 and that was on Sunday I think. I feel like possibly we could be the most unpredictable because we don't have nearly as many delivery logistics as folks in the midwest and east coast. Like they could just "slot us in" whenever.

This doesn't make sense.. The UFC fighter just received a Model Y to drive until he gets his Model X... Wouldn't he be effected by the firmware issue also?
Not every Y necessarily has the new modules requiring updated firmware.
They probably have a certain percentage of assemblies with the "planned" chips, then a whole lot more with the replacement parts requiring service. They can still sell the cars made with the original parts. It's probably coming down to fixing the code, then QA needing to meet regulations for validating the new parts/code. It sucks, but necessary for safety.