Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Confirmed, just copied from source code: "Yes, remove Enhanced Autopilot ($4,000)."
View attachment 666078

Will be more expensive after delivery:
View attachment 666079

I spotted that back in April shortly after ordering my M3. Keep in mind they did sell EAP( and still do in the EU) so I don't think it is a sign of things to come or an impending price increase to FSD. Just EAP+FSD is $14,000( $4000 for EAP and $10K for FSD). Keep in mind EAP is FSD-lite, not something on top of FSD.

• Helpful
Reactions: StoicKiwi
They're also changing the AEB terminology (probably due to removal of radar): "Enhanced Autopilot includes additional driver assistance features. Every driver is responsible for remaining alert and active when using Autopilot, and must be prepared to take action at any time.","afterDeliveryPrice":"$4,000","autoAcceleration":"Auto acceleration","autoBrake":"Auto brake","autoLaneChange":"Auto Lane Change","autoPark":"Autopark","autoPilot"

This could be the reason for the holdup and firmware update
Call me naive...but what does this change entail? Does it offer certain advantages to a person that ordered prior to May 2021 vs someone that order after May 2021>

BC834499-C9D5-4928-8B3B-BC70ECB1A21D.jpeg

Just got this from my SA!!

Yes, June 8 - 28, my 1 - 9 weeks estimated ends this week, then I think it's just nonsense to show an expired estimation. Are you also Miami? I never been able to get any communication with a SA, what is your experience
Does anyone from Florida see actual dates instead of the “X - X Weeks” bullsh*t?
After weeks at “6-10 weeks from order placed date”, it changed to 6/14-6/30 last week. This is my 6th week from order date (4/11). Pick up at Tampa location.

• Informative
Reactions: JerseyShoreMY
So perhaps these feature will be disabled because they can’t get the software to work but need to get these cars moving.
My uneducated guess is this is probably correct. And I would also guess it's not necessarily that they can't get the software to work; they probably want to have a large enough dataset to ensure it functions as intended before fully unleashing it. Part of the FAQ of that release explains why this isn't being applied to the X/S

Why aren’t Model S and Model X transitioning now?
Model 3 and Model Y are our higher volume vehicles. Transitioning them to Tesla Vision first allows us to analyze a large volume of real-world data in a short amount of time, which ultimately speeds up the roll-out of features based on Tesla Vision.

Yea the Radar removal is definitely the reason for the hold up.

BTW, does anyone have the option to "add full self driving"? I no longer have that on my Order Page.. I wonder if they are working to allow EAP as an option given the FSD may be less attractive to people now.. We'll see.

Thanks to everyone who posted the Tesla Vision link. When was it posted? That seems very relevant to the current circumstances. As someone who ordered before May, I guess I will be one to be notified of the change though my Tesla Account. That hasn't occurred yet. And I need to think about how it feels to be among the "higher volume vehicles" to essentially beta test this new functionality!

Reactions: dsandhu

This could be the reason for the holdup and firmware update

Nice! Looking like those of us suspecting the hold was because of the 100% vision transition may have been correct.

Sweet, now that they have their press release out of the way, let’s get this VIN train rolling.

Yes!!! Hopefully with this being announced things won't stay on hold til the June 3rd event 🤞

Reactions: JerseyShoreMY