Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello everyone. I am a new hopeful Tesla owner... I ordered my MY LR (Red with white seats) on 5/18, RN11497*.

I shall join you in watching this thread for the next few months until my car arrives.... :D The sales person at the local Tesla dealer (Colorado Springs) said that they think the car should get here by July "easily" but, watching this thread and some other news, I'm pretty sure that was a lie. Anyway, impatiently I wait...

Electrician has been scheduled to do work on my garage on June 15, so here is hoping that I can use it soon after!
I ordered just after you on 5/19! RN11498*

Los Angeles
Model 3 Performance no vin yet
order date: 4/25

May 18: got a text “Please reply “June” to confirm you want to take delivery that month”
yesterday date pushed back from 6/2 - 6/22 back to 6/9-6/29
Weird, I’m also SoCal and also ordered a Model 3 Performance. No text confirming I still want the car in June.

Current EDD: June 3rd - 23th
Ordered: 4/30

Well sad news, after both myself and spouse taking vacation from work driving 50 minutes to the SC, they called 5 minutes before my appointment saying the car won't be ready since they don't have the temporary tags and they don't know when they will come in (but sometime today) and "tentatively" scheduled my delivery later today but delivery to the house between 4-6pm, if they get the tags.

I was a little vexed; I was not angry about the delay I was angry they waited until the very last minute to call me (5 minutes before the appointment @ 10am!!). Thanks for wasting two people's vacation hours. They had plenty of time this morning to contact us. *sigh* Sorry I had to vent a little.

• Love
Reactions: noob_hunter_gu
Well sad news, after both myself and spouse taking vacation from work driving 50 minutes to the SC, they called 5 minutes before my appointment saying the car won't be ready since they don't have the temporary tags and they don't know when they will come in (but sometime today) and "tentatively" scheduled my delivery later today but delivery to the house between 4-6pm, if they get the tags.

I was a little vexed; I was not angry about the delay I was angry they waited until the very last minute to call me (5 minutes before the appointment @ 10am!!). Thanks for wasting two people's vacation hours. They had plenty of time this morning to contact us. *sigh* Sorry I had to vent a little.
That sucks. This is reason for me to consider having home delivery as the delivery SC is 5 hours away from me. I still have a long wait ahead of me, but your story gives me pause.

Lol. I purchase a new vehicle every 2 years or so. I never spend more than 15 minutes or so looking over the vehicle for functionality and obvious defects (and there are usually none - at least with the Audis, Jeeps and Fords we buy.) Less obvious defects can be addressed later. Honestly, reading this advice makes me wonder about people's level of OCD.
I generally do have relatively high levels of expectations, but some of them are not expectation and rather just luck-of-the-draw. My past 2 cars were a high-end Mercedes and a high-end Audi, and both were fine...but the levels of expectations are up to the buyer, not us. If someone is fine with 1 inch gaps that's up to them, but if someone wants something smaller that's between them and Tesla - they're well within their rights to decline accepting that car if they expect better.

I'm not advocating everyone spend an hour - I'm saying "spend how much time you need to spend to feel comfortable taking that car home". That could be 30 seconds for most people that might not care about this stuff, but I don't think anyone should feel pressured into spending less time looking over their relatively expensive purchase.

The Google Spreadsheet Order Tracker shows 39 people got VIN yesterday(5/25),

1,"CA"
1,"GA"
7,"IL"
1,"IN"
2,"MO"
2,"NC"
2,"NY"
2,"OH"
2,"ON"
1,"PA"
1,"QC"