Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ordered: 4/25
Car: MY LR 5 seater black/black no tow/FSD 19 in wheels

Like many of you said: it's one thing to wait with little to no updates... It's another when you see other people who ordered much later with same configurations and locations getting their VINS before me. Messaged my SA and this was her response /:
To be fair to SAs, they really don’t know *sugar* and aren’t provided any material or helpful info. Do some try harder than others? Sure. Do they have more info? No. The only reason they do what they do is to work at Tesla. Based on their starting salary, most could make them same or more in regular retail, at an Apple Store, etc.

• Love
Reactions: Peelz and lalalaker
Just because they were assigned those days doesn't necessarily mean they were manufactured those days. This of course would need corroboration with the actual build dates.
100% true. I just posted that I have a VIN, but it disappeared from my account. Tesla confirmed that it’s still attached to me in their system, it just hasn’t been built yet.

Reactions: casey1202
To be fair to SAs, they really don’t know *sugar* and aren’t provided any material or helpful info. Do some try harder than others? Sure. Do they have more info? No. The only reason they do what they do is to work at Tesla. Based on their starting salary, most could make them same or more in regular retail, at an Apple Store, etc.
My understanding is that they run a lean crew, and all SAs. are overworked, which explains the lack of communication.

So… I just checked my account page and my VIN was gone and the EDD went to 9-13 weeks. I called the delivery center and he said that the VIN is still assigned to me, but the car hasn’t been built yet. He said the EDD was an error in the system, but that I should expect delivery in the next week and a half. Not quite as exciting as thinking it was coming this week, but it’s still on track.
I thought Tesla didn't assign VINs until the car was built?

Is there a Minnesota delivery waiting room thread? There's at least a few of us, might be interesting to track in there also. Maybe not worth the trouble.

I'm curious on this as well--ordered 5/25, and also no signs of life to Minneapolis.
I ordered 5/15 and received a VIN about a week ago. EDD is June 5-11th. White, 5 seater, no-tow. VIN 200xxx.

Reactions: Sjf03 and und2000
this ^

My SA said as much. He Left an IT management career to manage the sales at an SC. LOVES it. loves it even more that its not commission. And he is saving so he and his wife can buy their own Tesla.

As far as info, He does not know much more than us, i asked some very detailed questions when I had the VIN removal incident. They can only see a little more than us. And its just what's on a screen.

Then tell you what's happening on the ground. Maybe an internal memo or two....

the conspiracy theories in this thread have been fun though. :p

Ordered: 4/25
Car: MY LR 5 seater black/black no tow/FSD 19 in wheels

Like many of you said: it's one thing to wait with little to no updates... It's another when you see other people who ordered much later with same configurations and locations getting their VINS before me. Messaged my SA and this was her response /:
This. very Frustrating to see people order over 1 month after me already have their car. There’s still some March orders waiting! Makes zero sense.