Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Called SC . They said we don’t have any appointments for you be able to pick up the car🤔🤔. I don’t even know what that means dude just give me the car and move out of the way . I know I shouldn’t be complaining I at least have VIN. I am just not understanding the process.
ordered 5/15 but then picked up a car from the existing inventory in Chicago. MYLR black / Black 20 “ wheels 5 seats.

Reactions: Soosh
Just checked mine and now have EDD of July/Aug. ordered on 5/23. Initially showed 4-11 weeks, then no EDD for about a 5 days, now late July, early August. Sigh. Well, might as well just wait it out and stop checking…no positive seems to come out of this.

MYLR, Blue/Black, 20”, no tow or FSD, northern VA.

Attachments

• 566F1A17-E9A8-4890-9B42-0A5DB3150A43.jpeg
    566F1A17-E9A8-4890-9B42-0A5DB3150A43.jpeg
    187.9 KB · Views: 69
Called SC . They said we don’t have any appointments for you be able to pick up the car🤔🤔. I don’t even know what that means dude just give me the car and move out of the way . I know I shouldn’t be complaining I at least have VIN. I am just not understanding the process.
ordered 5/15 but then picked up a car from the existing inventory in Chicago. MYLR black / Black 20 “ wheels 5 seats.
How does existing inventory work? Does existing inventory mean nobody has ordered that configuration and it's up for grabs? I find it hard to believe that with the thousands of people waiting for their orders that nobody had ordered that configuration?

How does existing inventory work? Does existing inventory mean nobody has ordered that configuration and it's up for grabs? I find it hard to believe that with the thousands of people waiting for their orders that nobody had ordered that configuration?
I think it's just an excess order where someone had it built and was denied or they changed their mind. Usually it comes in configuration that most don't want. I agree though that there are so many people that would be willing to pay for extra features to get the car earlier. If these existing inventory cars do pop up, they do tend to go rather quickly!

Let’s say I’m on a trip from 7/9-15 and my EDD window holds up and they want to deliver on 7/14 when I’m of course not here.. what happens at that point?
I believe you'll get a window of time to schedule the pickup when it gets closer, at least that's according to what everyone has posted on here. I'm in a similar boat and my new EDD is very close to a week vacation I have.

Reactions: iamcaseyf
It seems like a lot of the new July/August EDD are showing up more in the East Coast. That would follow the logic of car deliveries moving from E to W. The east just had a chunk of deliveries through early May orders while us March/early April orders on west coast are still waiting. Current deliveries are now heading west. Those on the east that have not been fulfilled will be waiting for it to cycle back around again. smh,

It’s really common with everything. Like how when a new iPhone comes out millions of people pre-order it with sometimes a month long wait, but the Apple Stores still get small amounts of inventory to sell to walk in customers.

A glimmer of hope for these insane dates, my order was placed on 4/28. I have had no EDD for roughly 10 days and woke up to late July to late August, 7-9 weeks at time of order.View attachment 669034
This makes sense to me. My date has changed a bunch - has rotated between specific date ranges and week ranges. Whenever it was a week ranges it seemed to line up with the default EDD for new orders

I believe you'll get a window of time to schedule the pickup when it gets closer, at least that's according to what everyone has posted on here. I'm in a similar boat and my new EDD is very close to a week vacation I have.
Thanks -- facing the same issue with a vacation smack dab in the middle of the range. Tried texting SA but no response yet. Will see how it converges as we get closer to the actual date.

Let’s say I’m on a trip from 7/9-15 and my EDD window holds up and they want to deliver on 7/14 when I’m of course not here.. what happens at that point?
This is one of the reasons "inventory" cars show up. If you don't pick up in Tesla's 3 day delivery window (Just In Time inventory model,) the car is matched to someone else, or placed up for grabs. You are then matched to another car in production (or elsewhere in their inventory / in transit.)

Reactions: dsandhu and und2000
Anyone else with an order date of April 9 or earlier on the east coast that is still waiting for VIN? The sales center in Tysons Corner says I *should* be getting my VIN very soon because in the system I’m listed as a priority. But if that’s the case why have others who ordered well after me gotten their cars already on the east coast??!!!?? Why is this process so painfully slow and unfair? My dates currently in my account says 6/17-27. If they change it to July/Aug I will lose my *%#^