Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well mine went up 2 days. Originally had delivery on June 7th. Now it’s June 5th at 5AM!! I don’t even think they are open at 5

E07379C3-65FC-4089-8500-C2ADEC61151B.jpeg

Curious about initiating a trade in with Tesla late in the buying process (I hope it’s late anyway since I already have a vin assigned, but we all know that buying process with Tesla isn’t a straight line): Tesla offer was really low when I started the buying process so I declined it. Since then I’ve had several offers that are at least $3k higher than Tesla. The pics I submitted to Tesla were in the dark, don’t know if that matters.

Now I’m wondering if I should ask them for another quote without delaying my delivery. Only reason I’m reconsidering it is that my pickup SC is about 1.5 hours away. If I trade in with Tesla, I won’t have to have someone drive me over there. Just a tiny bit more convenient. Wonder if anyone else has experience initiating trade this late in the game?

Curious about initiating a trade in with Tesla late in the buying process (I hope it’s late anyway since I already have a vin assigned, but we all know that buying process with Tesla isn’t a straight line): Tesla offer was really low when I started the buying process so I declined it. Since then I’ve had several offers that are at least $3k higher than Tesla. The pics I submitted to Tesla were in the dark, don’t know if that matters.

Now I’m wondering if I should ask them for another quote without delaying my delivery. Only reason I’m reconsidering it is that my pickup SC is about 1.5 hours away. If I trade in with Tesla, I won’t have to have someone drive me over there. Just a tiny bit more convenient. Wonder if anyone else has experience initiating trade this late in the game?
Tesla was lower than other quotes, so I removed my trade from the deal. They sent me a text yesterday saying the value had gone up and wanted me to add it back in to the deal, which I did.

I don't think it will delay anything. My delivery appointment is today and and it's still showing the same time as was originally scheduled. I don't think trade-in has anything to do with delivery timing. They *want* to get you into the car so they have higher quarterly deliveries. It seems the biggest factor in timing is configuration and geographic location.

Reactions: dsandhu
It’s interesting, it seems a lot of people that are getting pushed into July-August are MY orders. Are there any M3 orders that have been pushed that far?

Mine continues to creep further out by 1 day each day like many others but the June 30th tail end hasn’t budged...
Same here - every day or so, the front end goes back by 1 day...

Like everyone else - i just want to know for sure whether not we're getting our MYs in June or not.

Reactions: GoGators!
MY EDD WASH PUSHED BACK !!!!
My purchase date was May 18 and it said it was supposed to be delivered between 4 to 12 weeks. Then a week later my delivery time changed to June 21 - June 30. Then the dates disappeared for two days, and now that the dates are back now the EDD is July 01 - July 27 !!!! =S

I am ok with waiting, but the absence of communication is what gets me. I just feel hostage to Tesla.

I understand and accept subtle changes that may be within the window, however if you are now pushing my estimated date beyond that original stated window (5-8weeks for me, expires 6/20), then reach out to the customer and explain the reasoning and offer solutions or alternatives. Maybe a customer is willing to change their spec or even chooses to cancel their order.

it just seems no one is accountable to the customer.

excuse my rant, but we had a plan and these delays are throwing everything out of wack.

I am ok with waiting, but the absence of communication is what gets me. I just feel hostage to Tesla.

I understand and accept subtle changes that may be within the window, however if you are now pushing my estimated date beyond that original stated window (5-8weeks for me, expires 6/20), then reach out to the customer and explain the reasoning and offer solutions or alternatives. Maybe a customer is willing to change their spec or even chooses to cancel their order.

excuse my rant, but we had a plan and these delays are throwing everything out of wack.
Same. I knew there would be waiting involved when ordering so that’s not the issue but at least keep me informed!

Reactions: Soosh
So depressing. If it wasn't for the Supercharging network and OTA updates, I would jump ship. Ford dealers within 20 miles of me show 70 Mustang Mach-E's in inventory of various configs (AWD, LR, etc).
I see the same thing, but based on feedback from other dealers, all cars on the lot have $5-$10K mark ups. Have you actually visited one and had a conversation? I'm curious.

I totally agree with you, but I think since there is such a high demand for these Tesla's they aren't going to dedicate resources/man hours into solving this customer service gap, and it is a HUGE gap. However, we're all on this board because we're willing to put up with it, for now.