Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
MSM,black,5,tow,20 - in VA. Ordered 5/16 and had EDD end of June until 4 days ago and then changed to 7/19-8/8. I checked to see what Tesla would offer for my civic type R as trade yesterday and it was ~$4k less than Carvana/Carmax - so decided not to do it. Got a call from a Tesla rep in Vegas asking about the trade in - told him no that's ok. He checked on status of my Y and said it would be end of July "probably"...a couple of weeks ago my SA said "end of June"...so no idea when just hope it's doesn't end up "end of September" or my wife will want to cancel. Also want to get the value for my type R while used car market is hot...no idea when it will cool down.

Reactions: dsandhu
I ordered on 5/22, but wasn’t sure that profile completion is needed to get on delivery queue. Took a while as I wasn’t sure on lease vs loan. Delivery dates came to June 30 but now shifted to Aug. do they factor order date or profile completion date? I m in Bay Area.

MSM,black,5,tow,20 - in VA. Ordered 5/16 and had EDD end of June until 4 days ago and then changed to 7/19-8/8. I checked to see what Tesla would offer for my civic type R as trade yesterday and it was ~$4k less than Carvana/Carmax - so decided not to do it. Got a call from a Tesla rep in Vegas asking about the trade in - told him no that's ok. He checked on status of my Y and said it would be end of July "probably"...a couple of weeks ago my SA said "end of June"...so no idea when just hope it's doesn't end up "end of September" or my wife will want to cancel. Also want to get the value for my type R while used car market is hot...no idea when it will cool down.
Pretty sure as long as the chip shortage causes manufacturers to slow production of new cars (atleast Q3/Q4 this year, possibly even into Q1 and Q2 of 2022) you are fine with your trade in value and it may even be more valuable if you keep your mileage low.

I sold my old car to carvana and it was a great experience, don't be afraid to sell elsewhere other than Tesla.

Pretty sure as long as the chip shortage causes manufacturers to slow production of new cars (atleast Q3/Q4 this year, possibly even into Q1 and Q2 of 2022) you are fine with your trade in value and it may even be more valuable if you keep your mileage low.

I sold my old car to carvana and it was a great experience, don't be afraid to sell elsewhere other than Tesla.
As others have said, it is extremely rare for Tesla to be competitive in used car pricing, much less the highest bid. Carmax, Carvana, Vroom, etc all offer fairly painless processes. For me, Vroom was $4,000 higher than the lowest (Carmax). As long as you can do it all online, why not use the tools/marketplaces available?

Reactions: Cybwiz
I’m with you, this whole process is dumb. I keep reading people ordering in late May or early June that have their cars, but I ordered April 21st and my date keeps getting knocked back. I live 3 hours from the factory! Just this morning was the latest of about 4 dates moves, went from June 13th-30th to July 7th-27th. I already have no faith in this company and I don’t even own the car yet! I keep having to scramble to make plans for a car every month since I have previous lease turn ins. Very frustrating.
New update, June 16th-30th. We’ll see if it holds!

Reactions: dsandhu and Greg007
Definitely check with the logistics team in Rockville - not your SA. Or you can check with the Delivery Experience Manager in Bethesda - he’s quite responsive and helpful. So was my SA, except he just couldn’t see what was up. Of course, on my delivery day, they were both “off”. Also, if you’re wiring funds, I wouldn’t pay until the last minute.

Side note - I was at Rockville SC today and aside from the two Ys they were delivering, the lot had basically no new Ys (or 3s for that matter) - it was as empty as I’ve seen it in 2-3 months. It was almost entirely empty. Same with Montgomery Mall. So they’re either storing them someplace totally new, or they had several inside in Rockville (they can probably fit 6-8 in the back for prep). I know mine is supposed to come on a truck this week, so we shall see.

Let us know how delivery goes!!! Good luck!
Thanks, great info!! Note taken... certainly a little concerning but I'm hoping it arrives today or tomorrow. Thinking about it more, I think I'll call in today =D

Reactions: Cybwiz and elguapo
Here is the latest status of my order, if it makes anyone comfortable

Ordered 4/18, No VIN, EDD somewhere between mid July and mid August - Keeps changing a few days up and down.

I think its worth waiting, and speculating what additional features I might get: new door panel? New batteries? More range?

Now that I took delivery over the weekend, I wanted to share my delivery stats numbers and final Power BI chart as well as seeing these from others while waiting added some fun to the waiting process. I went ahead and added the days that each step happened since order in case anyone wanted to compare theirs as well.

Here is my timeline:
  • 04-21-21 - Ordered, Profile Completed
  • 04-22-21 (1 day) - Automated text message confirming profile completion
  • 05-12-21 (21 days) - Text our SA to ask if he can unlock the trade-in portal (we decided to go with Tesla instead of CarMax), portal is unlocked, trade-in request submitted
  • 05-14-21 (23 days) - Trade-in valuation received, accepted
  • 05-28-21 (37 days) - Blue button appears, VIN RECEIVED!!!
  • 05-29-21 (38 days) - Receive text from Tesla letting us know that we now have a VIN and request final funding, proof of insurance, and our MY's ETA at the SC, we submit our proof of insurance
  • 05-31-21 (40 days) - Receive a text message from Tesla to expect our trade-in paperwork packet in the mail
  • 06-03-21 (43 days) - Receive trade-in packet in the mail and return to Tesla, receive text that it's our turn to schedule delivery, delivery scheduled!
  • 06-05-21 (45 days) - Tesla trade-in packet is delivered
  • 06-08-21 (48 days) - Tesla confirms trade-in packet is received and all necessary paperwork is present
  • 06-11-21 (51 days) - Receive text from Tesla to join the New Owner Orientation
  • 06-12-21 (52 days) - Delivery!
For the tracking chart below, a few notes:
  • Dates disappeared from the website on 05-05-21 until 05-11-21 (hence no dots on the line chart)
  • The day after the dates came back, we submitted the request for the trade-in portal and they disappeared again, not to come back until we had a VIN
  • The dotted trend lines stop being accurate after delivery is scheduled
  • The wife sentiment meter is somehow more chaotic and random than the estimated delivery dates themselves 🤣

1623676186657.png

At any rate, I hope this info is useful for someone out there 🙂
I'll probably post another status update once I get my registration done so my fellow Texans can know what to expect from our oil-lobby-lovin' state

Here is the latest status of my order, if it makes anyone comfortable

Ordered 4/18, No VIN, EDD somewhere between mid July and mid August - Keeps changing a few days up and down.

I think its worth waiting, and speculating what additional features I might get: new door panel? New batteries? More range?
Meh, I wouldn't get your hopes up for anything new in the next 2 months. They've already made several changes over the last few months including the new console, double paned windows, heated steering wheel, radar and lumbar removal. I bet at this point Tesla is focused on frantically trying to produce and ship/deliver as many cars as possible and not introducing new door panels or batteries. In the next 6-9 months, perhaps, but not by July/August.

Interesting. So they’re either getting several truckloads this week, or giving people different arrival times for the same shipment. Neither would surprise me at this point.
FYI, just got off the phone with Rockville SC and I was told my order is on a truck is arriving today. @Cybiz, yours most likely is on that one as well. 3 deliveries currently scheduled for this Wednesday and Thursday. They do about ~10 per day with only 1 guy delivering.

After 2 weeks of July/August EDD, my dates moved farther out

Hopefully it’s a sign that the VIN assignment machine are working in close proximity to my Reservation.

I saw a couple of inventory cars, but non that match what I wanted. For $50K+ I will just wait for it to be exactly what I want (which is v basic white with tow and 7seats)

ok probably a newbie question so don't shoot me down. I'm very accustomed to concierge level of service whether it be car dealers, credit cards, banks etc. The Tesla automated system is not terrible but not the best either to navigate through. How does one actually speak to a human at a local SC over the phone?

Reactions: elguapo
ok probably a newbie question so don't shoot me down. I'm very accustomed to concierge level of service whether it be car dealers, credit cards, banks etc. The Tesla automated system is not terrible but not the best either to navigate through. How does one actually speak to a human at a local SC over the phone?
Yeah, you definitely won't be getting concierge level service here. Best bet is to go to the SC. It's hit or miss if they will ever return your call if you leave them a message. Another option is on the Chat function when looking for existing inventory, tell them you need someone to call you. I've had luck with that before.

FYI, just got off the phone with Rockville SC and I was told my order is on a truck is arriving today. @Cybiz, yours most likely is on that one as well. 3 deliveries currently scheduled for this Wednesday and Thursday. They do about ~10 per day with only 1 guy delivering.
Helpful. You taking delivery at Rockville? Where are they keeping the cars…must be inside.