Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The reason other manufacturers have more reliable wiper sensors and TACC is they use purpose built tech. Tesla is, to some degree, using vision AI when a $5 sensor would detect rain - so a hammer for a thumbtack or whatever folks say.

Not an apologist, but they do call most of these features beta. That said, it IS on Tesla to get it right. If they say radar isn’t needed, awesome. Prove it before you give me a car without it. Instead, it looks like they had parts shortage issues from Bosch and just yanked the radar as TV was “good enough”. Except for the “expensive” cars (S and X) you get radar.

My wipers work 100%, so no complaints there. But I get it, if Tesla says they can “see” when it’s raining, they sure as *sugar* need to be able to do that. Right now, it seems they can’t and getting whooped with TACC by legacy manufacturers stings. They’ll get it right, I just wish they hadn’t yanked the radar for TACC before it was ready.

Uncle Elon says TV improves much faster with no radar. We shall “see”… ha! Get it? See what I did there.

As for my car, as Ferris Bueller would say, I highly recommend the Acceleration Boost if you have the means. Best kept secret.

The reason other manufacturers have more reliable wiper sensors and TACC is they use purpose built tech. Tesla is, to some degree, using vision AI when a $5 sensor would detect rain - so a hammer for a thumbtack or whatever folks say.

Not on apologist, but it IS on Tesla to get it right. If they say radar isn’t needed, awesome. Prove it before you give me a car without it. Instead, it looks like they had parts shortage issues from Bosch and just yanked the radar as TV was “good enough”.

My wipers work 100%, so no complaints there. But I get it, if Tesla says they can “see” when it’s raining, they sure as *sugar* need to be able to do that. Right now, it seems they can’t and getting whooped with TACC by legacy manufacturers stings. They’ll get it right, I just wish they hadn’t yanked the radar for TACC before it was ready.

Uncle Elon says TV improves much faster with no radar. We shall “see”… ha! Get it? See what I did there.

As for my car, as Ferris Bueller would say, I highly recommend the Acceleration Boost if you have the means. Best kept secret.
Getting Acceleration boost on my forthcoming Model 3.

Reactions: iratre and elguapo
I need to put Tesla.com down and walkaway.... woke up this morning from a 6/28 6/30 to a September. I knew it would change, and I'm hopeful it will change again. SON OF A B******************** 'grumble grumble'

MY LR | Black | Black | 20” Wheels | 5 seat | No FSD
Ordered 5/10 | Original EDD 2-10 weeks | Pickup Lynnwood WA
Current EDD 6/13-6/30, 6/13-6/23, 7/3-7/23, 7/7-7/27, September, 6/14-8/23, 6/19-6/23, September, 7/8 7/28 September 6/28 6/30, September
My phones weekly repot said screen time of 9 hrs 25mins over the last week. Thanks for the anxiety, Tesla.

• Funny
Reactions: dsandhu and DmKy
5/16, MSM/black, 5, tow, 20, fsd - edd 7/16-8/5 for last week. After doing a little (ok hours of utube) research on FSD I added it to my order a couple of weeks ago. Don't need the "it's not worth it" speech - I get it, it's speculative investment/gamble on my part and I'm ok with that. But adding it to my existing order was really dumb. Not only will that impact VA taxes but looks like I won't be able to use a CC# to pay for it...which would at least get me 2% back. I don't see anywhere on the app for me to remove it now (would then add after delivery) Tried emailing my "assigned" SA but she's never communicated with me so not expecting any response. Anyone here been able to remove FSD from the initial order without losing your place in the (imaginary) queue?
I might be wrong (obviously contact them) but I recall hearing if you order FSD you can’t easily remove it you have to cancel and place another order

Ordered 5/17 -> Going to Mt. Kisco (CT resident) MSM, 5, black interior, no tow, no FSD, induction wheels. I have been steady on Aug 3-Aug 25….Thats still such a long time away especially when I was told by the CT service station June. Hoping for a quick July!! I also wake up hoping some miracle happens and I get a VIN for an after 7/4 pick up!! Cheers to the East Coast folks patiently waiting.

Hey guys qq…my edd is 29-30 jun. I have a vin assigned, MVPA and DCU loan approval. At this time do I contact DCU to release the payment or do I need to first wait for a delivery appointment?

You need to upload the MVPA to DCU. Then call them to review the loan terms. They will then send you the loan agreement in about 24 hours. Once you sign, they can send you a check or wire the money to Tesla. You need to do this asap.

Edit: They probably can't send you a check by Wednesday, so you will likely have to do a ACH/wire. Alternatively, you can have Tesla Finance rate match DCU. Just submit the loan agreement to Tesla and they will quickly match it.

I wish lol. But my dates have been steady for the past two weeks 7/20-8/09. So I’m guessing that’s a good thing. I’m officially 1 month and 2 days from order date. Can’t wait to see what July brings.
Ordered 6/6. MY7. Blue (changed interior to white last week). 20". Dates are Aug 1 - Aug 21, which is sooner than it said it would be when I ordered. If I get it before the end of September, I will be happy. Won't stop me from obsessively stalking these boards and inventory, but I have decided that I can wait! Taking my 14yo Sequoia to the shop for some repairs this week. It still is a wonderful car. I had BMWs in my pre-mommy life. lol

I have been more productive since I set up distill to monitor for me. I had it set up to monitor for PS5 back in November and last week it dawned on me to set it up for the Tesla. My work will probably be happier that I did that.
Did it work for you for the PS5? I’ve been trying to get it with no luck.

5/16, MSM/black, 5, tow, 20, fsd - edd 7/16-8/5 for last week. After doing a little (ok hours of utube) research on FSD I added it to my order a couple of weeks ago. Don't need the "it's not worth it" speech - I get it, it's speculative investment/gamble on my part and I'm ok with that. But adding it to my existing order was really dumb. Not only will that impact VA taxes but looks like I won't be able to use a CC# to pay for it...which would at least get me 2% back. I don't see anywhere on the app for me to remove it now (would then add after delivery) Tried emailing my "assigned" SA but she's never communicated with me so not expecting any response. Anyone here been able to remove FSD from the initial order without losing your place in the (imaginary) queue?

Once added, FSD option disappeared from my account. I was not able to remove it (nor did I want to).

You need to upload the MVPA to DCU. Then call them to review the loan terms. They will then send you the loan agreement in about 24 hours. Once you sign, they can send you a check or wire the money to Tesla. You need to do this asap.

Edit: They probably can't send you a check by Wednesday, so you will likely have to do a ACH/wire. Alternatively, you can have Tesla Finance rate match DCU. Just submit the loan agreement to Tesla and they will quickly match it.
Thank you! I uploaded the MVPA yesterday and they will be sending the agreement by EOD and the check directly to Tesla after I sign the agreement. They'll send a copy of the check and tracking number to me as well. I read somewhere that a copy of the check and tracking# is enough for tesla to release the vehicle for delivery

Sometimes this all seems like waiting on a really long line at Disney to see Space Mountain. The difference is that with Tesla, they periodically pull you out of the line and put you at the end, then a bit later they bring you up close enough that you can see the cars, only to have a big group let in ahead of you.
When you tell your friends and family all this, they tell you they wouldn’t stand for that and you should leave and go to Universal, “it’s almost as good.”
You keep telling them that you came all this way to see Space Mountain and you are staying on line!!
Some day I’ll be on the best ride of my life!!
You forgot, while waiting in line, park entry fees increased. :)