Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was just poking around while I wait for
My MY and saw this for the Plaid MS…. Is that June next year?? 🤣🤣. Talk about patience.

Also noticed the MY LR delivery time is 4-8 weeks. That’s the same as my order from 6/4 if I started tracking from today. EDD 8/9-8/29 🧐

086C4C69-FC4F-4840-93A3-ECC6B553FE39.jpeg

Hey all, wanted to finally share of photos of the MY!

picked it up last Sunday, felt like ages ago, and had it in the shop for PPF for the whole week (long story) finally got to take it to the mountains. Showed my step dad how to drive it and let him test the FSD lol.

but pics of car and parents. taking it in to finish the tits tomorrow (hopefully).

Can’t wait to take more and post it in the other thread once it’s all done with post purchase additions.

AF88CEA0-21BA-4EF3-903B-25379E8875E3.jpeg
7665A95A-1A55-4930-86D4-F5740D01CAF1.jpeg

Attachments

• 462E2ED2-0B3E-4999-B5CA-82ACE6D52BB3.jpeg
    462E2ED2-0B3E-4999-B5CA-82ACE6D52BB3.jpeg
    523.1 KB · Views: 54
Hello everyone, I’ve casually following along on the forum and wanted to finally chime in with some data. Also hope everyone had a great holiday weekend!

I placed my order May 10th for MYLR. Went with blue, induction, no tow, no FSD. Like many people have mentioned the EDD has been changing continuously. Originally I was getting dates around the end of June which eventually shifted into the generic September date. Last week it went to Mid/Late July and now has been sitting at September 8th-30th. My SA has been pretty responsive and doesn’t expect a delivery as late as September, so I’m not too worried about it for now.

Hoping that deliveries go alright for everyone still waiting and congrats to all the new owners!

Uh no, LOL...

Being a fanboy is so unbecoming...

Tesla need to upgrade it customer experience; right now it is sub-Ford level, and it needs to be at at least Audi level. The Mach E is a pretty good first attempt at an all-electric performance car, the F-150 Lightning will slay the cybertruck with traditional F-150 buyers. All Ford lacks is a good charging network. Teslas are good cars: they are fast and handle well, but they cannot seem to make a good cruise control, have tolerances looser than Fords, paint quality is subpar. There is a lot of room for improvement.

I'm just over 1.5 weeks in with my new MY Perf. Still lving every minute of driving it. Wife took it to Los Angeles on Friday. I asked her to please park far away from curbs..... That didn't happen. $160 later and the right front 21 Uber is good as new. :) (She had one job) Good news is I replaced the door lights with these beauties.

LOL oh man, so painful lol. good to know those can be fixed to new

Reactions: indianajns
I was just poking around while I wait for
My MY and saw this for the Plaid MS…. Is that June next year?? 🤣🤣. Talk about patience.

Also noticed the MY LR delivery time is 4-8 weeks. That’s the same as my order from 6/4 if I started tracking from today. EDD 8/9-8/29 🧐

View attachment 681757

It’s not about the patience of Model Y buyers, it’s the management of expectations by Tesla. If people ordering the Model Y had realistic estimates from Tesla, most of them would be pretty chill about it. I have a Cybertruck on preorder and I have never bothered looking at EDD for it. I know it’s not coming for a while. But if they sent me an email today giving me EDD of several weeks, I’m going to start getting impatient several weeks into it.

It’s not about the patience of Model Y buyers, it’s the management of expectations by Tesla. [...]
Exactly! Well put. OTOH I sometimes wonder if it's part of a fiendish plot that exploits people's emotion to garner more car sales. IOW what Tesla saved by not having a PR department was spent on a psy-ops department.

I will join you in the club of being the most impatient and impulsive. Heck I’ll be your co founder. So I appreciate this post. I decided for my sanity’s sake to just check once a day. Cause honestly it wasn’t doing me any good. So reading this gives me a breath of fresh air. This forum helped me realize that the dates are truly irrelevant. So thank you for this and congrats!!! Can’t wait to be saying the same!!!
Same order date as me, saying 7/17-8/3 for mine. Blue/white. Since plenty of others that ordered in May have similar EDDs, I don't feel I'm getting mine until late Aug, at the earliest. Why would I? What rationale would there be for me to get mine before a May order, unless configuration or region plays a heavy role, in which case I'm sure we'd have noticed a trend or cracked that code by now.

Right?

Gigas Berlin and Austin are going to take such a burden off of Fremont.
I'm in San Antonio and ordered 6/1, blue with induction wheels, nothing else and I'm showing August 15 - Sept 4th.

Being a fanboy is so unbecoming...

Tesla need to upgrade it customer experience; right now it is sub-Ford level, and it needs to be at at least Audi level. The Mach E is a pretty good first attempt at an all-electric performance car, the F-150 Lightning will slay the cybertruck with traditional F-150 buyers. All Ford lacks is a good charging network. Teslas are good cars: they are fast and handle well, but they cannot seem to make a good cruise control, have tolerances looser than Fords, paint quality is subpar. There is a lot of room for improvement.
Lol Audi customer service level

have to laugh at the Ford “paint quality”. The quality of my past mustang GT’s paint was so awesome my first trip to the dealer was a week later when I saw paint literally flaking off from around the hood intake.

So please spare me the typical “you’re a fanboy” accusations. No one is arguing Tesla is perfect or has stellar customer service, but the legacy automakers have plenty of issues of their own especially when it comes to EV’s

Good Tuesday Morning Everyone! 🤞🏻 that the logistics team are back to work today and update our accounts with the shipping info for our cars! 🙏🏻
Hoping the same. The usual 7a CDT update hasn’t happened, so hoping there is an off-cycle push for an EDD other than September. In the mean time, I’m imagining a team of Budweiser Clydesdales pulling my MY from Fremont to have it arrive with an 80% charge while somehow amazingly not messing up the paint job to arrive sometime in September.

I agree with @BitJam. This thread along with Delivery on Hold Until July? prompted me to order in late May for end of August. It’s been a roller coaster, but will give reasonable probability for a car at that time without holding. @suprax and @sgalla04 can comment on the hold experiences they’ve had.
Yeah I had put my March 22nd order on hold as I was waiting to see if the rumored federal EV point of sale rebates were going to become a reality by July/August (ha) but by end of May realized it was useless so I took my hold off. However my SA had indicated that I would have a priority spot in line compared to other new orders, but the order is still targeting a late July build time at this point. So that didn't pan out. I ended up snagging a Red inventory (new) Model Y and picked up 2 weeks ago.

@sgalla04 had a difference experience, where they put their order on hold and when released, very quickly got a match and VIN. We feel that perhaps this happened because he had completed the finance portion of the order before putting on hold where I had left that step not completed per my SA's instructions. However my SA later claimed that it does not matter and @sgalla04 got matched simply because he's in a different market with different inventory, etc.

So to anyone putting an order on hold, I would recommend fully completing your profile including the finance step (just put cash for now) in the event that it matters and perhaps upon releasing hold you'll receive a VIN much faster. Or maybe not. :)