Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well this is bittersweet. After six days sitting on an EDD of October, I get the blue button this morning. However, VIN is 217xxx and most likely a reject (two other friends received their 228xxx deliveries over the weekend). I am sort of pissed and already prepared to reject this car. For all the waiting I expected at least a VIN with HEPA. It is supposed to be delivered this weekend. Dang it!

Last edited:
Well this is bittersweet. After six days sitting on an EDD of October, I get the blue button this morning. However, VIN is 217xxx and most likely a reject. I am already prepared to reject this car. For all the waiting I expected at least a VIN with HEPA. It is supposed to be delivered this weekend. Dang it!
Is the HEPA really worth another couple month wait?

Is the HEPA really worth another couple month wait?
If I reject it, does it start me over as if I ordered today? Well, maybe another couple of months will net me 4680.

The wait has been excruciating but I also feel cheated out of a feature that was just introduced this month. Our previous Model S had HEPA and this was one more thing that wasn’t “missing” from the S. Sigh.

I need to contact my SA and look at my options because as it sits I know I’m going to resent this VIN.

If I reject it, does it start me over as if I ordered today? Well, maybe another couple of months will net me 4680.

The wait has been excruciating but I also feel cheated out of a feature that was just introduced this month. Our previous Model S had HEPA and this was one more thing that wasn’t “missing” from the S. Sigh.

I need to contact my SA and look at my options because as it sits I know I’m going to resent this VIN.
The 4680 in a model y isn’t going to happen in 2021. Any 4680 cells they do get are going to the cyber truck. Apparently there are rumors/reports about how at the beginning of the quarter they made updates to the model y line to help them with production so they can start the cyber truck when giga TX opens, instead of the model y like they originally said.

Also someone hear did mentioned they talked to their SA and apparently Tesla has in their agreements that they can cancel orders because of a price increase due to battery cells, so chances are they would give you an older versioned cell even if they switched over today.

Officially in the one day adjustment phase. nearest EDD shifted 8/2 to 8/3 and furthest stayed at 8/22.

Good things brewing hopefully? @bap1803691 @joewithblueMY @vvkp hopefully you all are seeing the same!
Like @vvkp my date hasn’t moved for a few days, I am still sitting at 8/15-9/4. I will take that all day long if it doesn’t jump around and just stays there.

Our build is the same as yours!! If you reject it, it’d be great if they’d send it on to Colorado lol!! We’re down to one car due to an awesome Carvana offer on our gas-guzzling Acadia and my husband is tired of sharing “his” truck 😂

No FSD. I deal with Joe, like you said I'm sure he just called someone else on the list and I would imagine it is already sold by now but no hurt to call and ask in the morning!
Called and spoke with someone at Clarkston and of course the vehicle was already assigned to someone new. However, I did call the Mt. Kisco number after that and spoke with a Dan. He was able to use their "internal tool" to let me know that I am scheduled to be assigned a VIN on 8/18 with an delivery date of 8/31...of course he said that is subject to change but that they would have a better idea as we get closer to that date. My current EDD online is still 8/15-9/4; definitely not going to get too excited based on others experience here, but it was cool to at least hear some exact date estimates which are right in line with my current EDD.

Last edited:
Reactions: TMK26