Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just finally had a chance to call and talk to these folks - VERY nice and helpful by the way. So despite my delivery dates saying "7 to 9 weeks" right now, I am apparently going to be getting a VIN any day now and delivered by at the very latest the first of September. So, this was a good call to give these folks a ring to catch up.
I talked to them again today. My MYP order that I created today has an EDD of 2 Sept to 22 Sept. My MYLR order from June 1st shows 1 Sept to 21 Sept.

Now I get to decide which one I want more? I may have talked myself into the Performance model.

Last edited:
Well....just checked and "October" has disappeared and no EDD available.
Just curious, with all the people entering their $100 deposit multiple orders just to see which one comes in first and then cancelling the other, what happens to the other order? Car probably isn't built yet and no vin assigned. If a vin is assigned and notification is sent is the car on the transporter? Is it sitting on the delivery lot as a cancelled order from some other buyer. It myst be a logistical nightmare to build cars to order based on a $100 deposit (cancellable) plan the shipping, organize the delivery and allow for multiple orders from the same person. How many orders do you think are from resellers? I'm in SoCal and I have seen the transporters coming south loaded with Teslas. With the shortage of drivers for the big rigs it's a wonder any get delivered in a timely manner. If there was a non-refundable deposit of $10K I think the orders would be delivered much sooner. IMHO

Well....just checked and "October" has disappeared and no EDD available.
Just curious, with all the people entering their $100 deposit multiple orders just to see which one comes in first and then cancelling the other, what happens to the other order? Car probably isn't built yet and no vin assigned. If a vin is assigned and notification is sent is the car on the transporter? Is it sitting on the delivery lot as a cancelled order from some other buyer. It myst be a logistical nightmare to build cars to order based on a $100 deposit (cancellable) plan the shipping, organize the delivery and allow for multiple orders from the same person. How many orders do you think are from resellers? I'm in SoCal and I have seen the transporters coming south loaded with Teslas. With the shortage of drivers for the big rigs it's a wonder any get delivered in a timely manner. If there was a non-refundable deposit of $10K I think the orders would be delivered much sooner. IMHO
Once you cancel an order, depending on where the car is, it gets assigned to another person waiting with same config. Teslas are never made based on order. They just make them and then assign to pending orders. So, if the car is already at delivery location and customer cancels it, they assign it to nearby pending order with same config. if there are none, it gets added to existing inventory and gets snagged by someone waiting in couple seconds.. that's the demand right now.

I talked to them again today. My MYP order that I created today has an EDD of 2 Sept to 22 Sept. My MYLR order from June 1st shows October still.
Heck, do I just purchase a performance and see which vin comes first? I’m feeling so much self doubt about the LR now. At the same time, I feel like I’m so close to the finish line but it’s Tesla so maybe I’m not. But if I buy a Performance to test this my husband will think I’ve gone crazy. Maybe I already have??