Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Loss of EDD may be a scheduling conundrum at Tesla.
How do you transition the logistics of BOTH production AND deliveries from GigaFremont over to GigaTexas?
Not easily.

My theory is:
Fremont will continue production and delivery for Western US for now (will these be current v1.0, or v1.5 builds?)
Texas will deliver Rest of USA initially, until full scale capable (will these be v1.5 then v2.0 builds?)

v1.0 = current production structure - rear MegaCast only, 2170 battery pack, 82kWh
v1.5 = rear + front MegaCasts, 2170 battery pack, structural or not (likely 200lbs lighter than v1.0)
v2.0 = both MegaCasts, 4680 structural battery pack of varying density based on SR, LR, P (EM claimed 10% weight diff, ie 400lbs lighter than v1.0)

Am I right that most who have had no EDD for a while are located outside the Western US ?

This would be great if true, I bought the Y over the 3 just because of the mega casting.

Unfortunately I sold our main nice family vehicle already just in case and we’re down to driving semi beaters until we get the Y

I’m in Toronto

Reactions: IMABuckeye
This would be great if true, I bought the Y over the 3 just because of the mega casting.

Unfortunately I sold our main nice family vehicle already just in case and we’re down to driving semi beaters until we get the Y

I’m in Toronto
Fremont will continue as the home of the M3, MS and MX.
It will likely more fully be utilized as test/development site for CT and SEMI once MY space is relinquished.
And whatever rocket science Musk dreams up.

OMG! OMG! Got a VIN a few minutes ago (8:22 PM PST)!!!!!!!!!! Goaaaaaaaaal!!!!! Goaaaaaal! Goaaaaaaaal!!!!!

243xxx black interior.

Just came back from our nightly walk and was telling the wife this wait sucks but should be any day now since the EDD window has shrunk from 17 days down to 11 days. Delivery estimated for Aug 9-12 but will contact the SC tomorrow to see if it’s already there and ready for instant pickup. What. A. Relief!

Keep the hope alive, everyone!

My EDD changed again today. Please don’t tease me!!

Attachments

• E1E49F97-8557-4492-BFB8-5B715EE2B792.jpeg
    E1E49F97-8557-4492-BFB8-5B715EE2B792.jpeg
    319.5 KB · Views: 72
Reactions: CGeiser
OMG! OMG! Got a VIN a few minutes ago (8:22 PM PST)!!!!!!!!!! Goaaaaaaaaal!!!!! Goaaaaaal! Goaaaaaaaal!!!!!

243xxx black interior.

Just came back from our nightly walk and was telling the wife this wait sucks but should be any day now since the EDD window has shrunk from 17 days down to 11 days. Delivery estimated for Aug 9-12 but will contact the SC tomorrow to see if it’s already there and ready for instant pickup. What. A. Relief!

Keep the hope alive, everyone!
Congratulations!

Reactions: FatherTo1
When I drove the P and "punched" it, I realized I had never had that sense of sudden acceleration before. It was amazing and I was hooked!
I clearly have the maturity of a 12 year-old boy tonight, but I just keep laughing at this, thinking it could totally be a “that’s what she said” joke 😂🤷🏻‍♀️😂

HOW!?!?!? I think I'll be too excited to sleep!!!
The wait is over so I’m at peace now and know the Y will be here very soon. No more uncertainty and paranoia about what the morning will bring.

It sucked not knowing 89 days was my magic number for a VIN, but it’s different when I know delivery is imminent and I don’t have to keep checking the site. I am in a Zen state and feel completely centered. :)

Actually now I’m turning my attention to scheduling a window tinting appointment and some ceramic coating. No PPF for me though.