Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Something to think about while you wait...
Once you get your car, prepared to wait even more!
I had several months to research charging the Model Y. No big bucks for a Level 2 charger for me, a wall charger is all I should need. I can get 4-5 miles per hour from the wall.
I figured, if I could wait to get the car, I could wait while it slowly charges from my regular wall outlet. Waiting for it to charge is hard to!

Here is what it looked life after plugging in following my long ride home (and a few test rides):

1628719937256.png

it seems to me that most of the VINs that are coming in the last few days are for East Coast/Midwest. Looking forward to seeing more West Coast deliveries soon.
Does anyone agree with my back-of-the-envelope analysis?
Someone posted once that they tend to do the longer range--east coast--deliveries earlier in the quarter and then as the time gets short focus more and more on the shorter delivery times so they could squeeze in as many as possible at the end of the quarter.

That's just normal historical S&P returns--I do better than that, but it's fine to just say 8% - 10% and not have to dicker abut my personal returns. But in fact this year I'm up 18.59% so far, last year I was up 26%, the year before it was up 33%, the year before down 5%, the year before up 29%, etc. Why in the world would I want to pull $60K out of that to save 2%?
I am going to hire a new financial advisor and NO brownies for guessing who it is.

Something to think about while you wait...
Once you get your car, prepared to wait even more!
I had several months to research charging the Model Y. No big bucks for a Level 2 charger for me, a wall charger is all I should need. I can get 4-5 miles per hour from the wall.
I figured, if I could wait to get the car, I could wait while it slowly charges from my regular wall outlet. Waiting for it to charge is hard to!

Here is what it looked life after plugging in following my long ride home (and a few test rides):

View attachment 695389

Truth! Maybe this is Elon just conditioning us all to wait. 😩

Reactions: Crew Dragon
I am going to hire a new financial advisor and NO brownies for guessing who it is.
Truth is, in 2011 I had a financial advisor (from USAA) who told me where to invest my cadet loan money…and then I read the book “Millionaire Teacher” about how a school teacher became a millionaire through frugality and index funds by the age of 40. It blew my mind, and planted the seed. I discussed the topic with a couple of my econ professors, other cadets, and with a little more reading and research, came to some conclusions.

It made me realize that my USAA financial advisor was seriously ripping me off, as most financial advisors do. There’s an entire community of public service professionals (teachers, govt, first responders, etc.) and other modest income people who retire with multi-million dollar portfolios by stashing their Roth IRAs and TSPs (401k for federal employees) with continual contributions into low cost, widely diversified index funds. I’m glad I learned those lessons at age 20, and it’s one of the reasons why I’m in a financial position to buy a Tesla at age 30.

I understand why someone would avoid car debt, even at a greater opportunity cost. There’s great peace of mind of not having a car loan. I respect that. Just don’t justify your decision to do so by saying 5% to 10% annual return investments are hard to come by. Full disclosure, across my three Vanguard index funds I average 13.6% per year, from March 2012 to present. Their fund performance (and cost basis) is no secret, and open to everyone. My TSP has done marginally better, but that’s just for military and feds.

Truth is, in 2011 I had a financial advisor (from USAA) who told me where to invest my cadet loan money…and then I read the book “Millionaire Teacher” about how a school teacher became a millionaire through frugality and index funds by the age of 40. It blew my mind, and planted the seed. I discussed the topic with a couple of my econ professors, other cadets, and with a little more reading and research, came to some conclusions.

It made me realize that my USAA financial advisor was seriously ripping me off, as most financial advisors do. There’s an entire community of public service professionals (teachers, govt, first responders, etc.) and other modest income people who retire with multi-million dollar portfolios by stashing their Roth IRAs and TSPs (401k for federal employees) with continual contributions into low cost, widely diversified index funds. I’m glad I learned those lessons at age 20, and it’s one of the reasons why I’m in a financial position to buy a Tesla at age 30.

I understand why someone would avoid car debt, even at a greater opportunity cost. There’s great peace of mind of not having a car loan. I respect that. Just don’t justify your decision to do so by saying 5% to 10% annual return investments are hard to come by. Full disclosure, across my three Vanguard index funds I average 13.6% per year, from March 2012 to present. Their fund performance (and cost basis) is no secret, and open to everyone. My TSP has done marginally better, but that’s just for military and feds.
I spent my USAA loan on a motorcycle and wrecked it. Shows my frugality. Lol