Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I ordered the day before you and my first EDD update was November 30-December 20 so we are both in the same ballpark
I'm a few days ahead of you on both profile completion date and EDD. Different build though. Judging by those who are sharing their dates around our order time, it seems like everyone is a blanket 100-120 days out without regard to the production timing. Because of that and how often those who have been waiting awhile report EDD changes, I've got little faith in our EDDs.

Love your MYs name! My Model 3’s name is “Walt3r”. It’s white on white. See where I came up with it? LOL
Funny enough, that's how I came up with mine!

My original order was white, so it was going to be "Walter...but you can call him Mister White."

Now that it's a black MY, I thought it was just funny enough to keep. :)

When I received my VIN, I saw the MVPA (I switched from financing to loan at the nearing of my 60 day wait). I switched back to financing today. I received the same terms and everything, but when I click on MVPA it says failed to load PDF. I remember reading someone else saw the same here, but I don't know how to search the 1479 pages for that. Do I get a new MVPA eventually?

So more of a forum question than anything. I've noticed if I type something in the reply box at the bottom of the page, it will check to see if there any new posts and just do a small request and pull back those new messages if I click on the message without forcing a full page refresh. Is there something on the page to initiate this? Although I have to admit sometimes it's fun to just go down to the box and type random things to trigger it (usually 'a' and 's' and another 's' and then then delete key three times)

I have your exact MYLR build. Now I just ordered last week so not expecting a VIN anytime soon, but to hear that our combination of features is rare is a little bit of an area of concern in times of how long I will have to wait for a VIN and then delivery. Only thing going for me is I am in the Midwest so no transport to the East Coast is required.
Nice - #teamblue! I actually have the white interior though which I think is hurting me...the black interior 7 seaters are a bit more common I think. She said Blue with white interior and 7 seats with a tow hitch is very rare and she has only seen 1 blue/white/7 delivered in Charlotte since May that she could recall.

She told me to call her on September 1st if I had not yet received a VIN. Not sure why, but I plan to. She was very nice. I just don't know what she will know on September 1st that she doesn't know today. But maybe when you pass into the final month in the quarter and have been waiting as long as I have they can try to figure out a way to get me a car somehow?

Who knows...I spend way too much time speculating about things while I wait (107 days will do that to you!). I feel like Tom Hanks in Castaway except you guys are all my Wilson. But rescue (my new MY) is starting to feel like it is never coming.

I did the wall hanger (took forever to ship so I don't have it yet) and I'll buy another mobile connector in a few weeks if I decide that I actually need 1 in the car for daily usage. I was told that I don't, but I'll re-evaluate in a few weeks once I have the vehicle.
Me too. I did a
I'm the same way. Even my electrician said unless you really need those extra 2-4 miles an hour with the wall charger, save yourself $1K+ and just do the outlet. heck I might even get a 2nd mobile connector and a wall hanger so I can keep the current mobile charger in the car. Thats only $275
I did a NEMA 14-50 outlet. If you get another EV other than Tesla it can work for that too. It was cheaper and I didn't think I would miss those few extra miles/hr. My electrician charged $900 for the install.

What a weekend! Let’s recap.

Friday: Picked up a MYLR off of the inventory. It was quickly taken away as it was placed “by mistake”. Looking or a $250 refund now.

Saturday: Prepare for Henri to lose his mind on my town.

Sunday: Henri was a direct hit over Westerly, Rhode Island. Taylor Swift (my actual neighbor) and I hugged while kissing our butts goodbye. Not really. She wasn’t in town. Cool chick none the less. Hate her music though. Power was lost at 11am.

Monday: While power is still off, I called Tesla about our solar order. 34 panels and 3 power walls which have been “awaiting utilities” approval since March. Power comes back on around noon.

Ive been cursing Tesla since. Well, until 15 minutes ago when my MYP VIN hit. 259.

I forgive you Tesla.

Above is my post from earlier. UPDATE!

I just learned that Tesla has submitted our solar build to our utilities and its been approved! 6 months this took!

In my best Ice Cube voice, “today was a good day”! “YAY YAAY”!

When I received my VIN, I saw the MVPA (I switched from financing to loan at the nearing of my 60 day wait). I switched back to financing today. I received the same terms and everything, but when I click on MVPA it says failed to load PDF. I remember reading someone else saw the same here, but I don't know how to search the 1479 pages for that. Do I get a new MVPA eventually?
Same thing happened to me when I switched from cash to financing. My delivery date is tomorrow and I'm able to access an updated MVPA now... so 1 day before delivery?

Reactions: TESRP
So I actually talked to a human at Tesla today - I needed to change the amount we were putting down before we took delivery. The only person I could get to was by hitting 'sales' and waiting for 10 mins on hold.

It was totally bizarre - she put in that change and said "is there anything else I can help you with while we wait for this to go through?" I said asked her if she could find my car, and she said "no, but I can tell you that it's in transit and is scheduled to get to the pickup location on the 3rd! Do you want me to set up a tentative pickup appointment?" UH, YES PLEASE!

She did also mention that there was the fire in Oklahoma on the bridge that someone else mentioned previously and then there was a bunch of flooding, so trains are being redirected all over the place heading to the east coast and that someone would reach out if it didn't get there in time.

Feel like 7 seaters are taking a while, though I've seen some VINs and deliveries.

My partner's M3LR was slated for November but our SA matched her to a VIN where the person couldn't take delivery in time (verified it wasn't rejected or anything). I've had good communication with my/our SA and they said that there weren't an 7 seaters to match me to 😂 but they've been searching! Worth a try, but I'll patiently wait my turn.

Got the electrician scheduled just now though, wasn't expecting it to be so soon lol.

Reactions: TESRP and PatrickTM
I have a red M3LR (wth a MYLR on order). I was in a minor accident on the highway a few months ago -- An accident happened in front of me, I stopped short, the car behind me didn't. The only damage was to my rear bumber cover. I got the body shop (a shop both Tesla-certified and insurance company-approved) to replace the bumper cover. They got it, painted it and put it on. It matched perfectly. I wouldn't worry about the paint matching.

Edit: As to your larger defect on the right: Can you insist that they replace the bumper cover, rather than just patching it? I was able to get the body shop to insist on a bumper cover replacement rather than a patch. My guess is that even with a patch, they would likely repaint the entire bumper cover, but you should confirm.
There is only that one spot on the front bumper. They are replacing the teething for me not fixing it.

Reactions: TESRP
Funny enough, that's how I came up with mine!

My original order was white, so it was going to be "Walter...but you can call him Mister White."

Now that it's a black MY, I thought it was just funny enough to keep. :)

Great minds think alike! My MYP is coming by the 9th so the M3LR will be gone. Thinking of a name now for this MSM. Hmmm….

Reactions: PatrickTM
Are you sure it’s a vin 5JY or is it your RN#? If it’s a vin you need to call 510-249-3100 and press option 4… That’s the build center number and they always answer right away with no hold…
Thank you very much for providing the number. I did speak to someone and it is still in production with an estimated date that is currently on my signature. It is a VIN for sure: 5YJXXXXXXXX2413XX.

So wait, you live near this?

That I do.

Her house is only about a 1/3rd the size of mine though…. WINK WINK. Just kidding, about the size, as usual. She was putting it on the market not to long ago but COVID happened I believe. Haven’t seen her in town in a while though.

All honesty, super sweet person. She used to throw a 4th of July party yearly with all sorts of celebs. Ed Sheeran always was always around as well. Conan O’Brien. A few other randoms. Highlight of living here I guess. LMAO

I would reach out to someone. I ordered 8/8 MSM, White, MYP and got my VIN today. EDD immediately updated to 9/3-9/9. There is no way you should not have yours by now.
This 👆... and I just got this email for a virtual pre-delivery Teams session at 7pm EDT.

1629750760371.png

So I actually talked to a human at Tesla today - I needed to change the amount we were putting down before we took delivery. The only person I could get to was by hitting 'sales' and waiting for 10 mins on hold.

It was totally bizarre - she put in that change and said "is there anything else I can help you with while we wait for this to go through?" I said asked her if she could find my car, and she said "no, but I can tell you that it's in transit and is scheduled to get to the pickup location on the 3rd! Do you want me to set up a tentative pickup appointment?" UH, YES PLEASE!

She did also mention that there was the fire in Oklahoma on the bridge that someone else mentioned previously and then there was a bunch of flooding, so trains are being redirected all over the place heading to the east coast and that someone would reach out if it didn't get there in time.
Not going to lie I'm very interested in your taking of delivery and how everything goes, because well hopefully I'm only 1-2 months out from your pickup, and its probably going to be in the same location.