Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
EDD went from 9-15/9-30 to October to now 10-29/11-18 and I am fine with that but I would happily accept the car today if it arrived.
Woke up this morning to an email from Tesla, OMG is this it!!
Nope just a confirmation of my lease payment for my wife's Model 3. 😩

Seen my MYLR go from Nov to January over the weekend. So Monday I ordered a Performance because it only had a 4-5 week EDD. Tuesday morning I woke up to a prepare for delivery email and it says Sept 14th. I really wanted a 2022 model so I was looking forward to the 4-5 week lead time, lol. I hope they hold it for me since I will be away from the house till October 2nd.

Reactions: TheSackLakeKid
Thanks @te$laWhy for the update.. I created a Geico quote and it appears that I will be paying @ $1085 for 6 months. I might try and get a quote from Progressive as I get closer to getting my car.
I had Geico and got a quote to replace my vehicle with the Tesla and the policy doubled. I checked with Progressive and they quoted half the price of Geico. I switched to progressive and my policy is only increasing by about $100 over 6 months, $200 on the year.

I had Geico and got a quote to replace my vehicle with the Tesla and the policy doubled. I checked with Progressive and they quoted half the price of Geico. I switched to progressive and my policy is only increasing by about $100 over 6 months, $200 on the year.
I currently have geico and yeah they quoted nearly $240 a month and progressive is quoting me about $108 a month

So folks when does the 2022 model start to kick in? With many thousands now in pending orders for MYLR when really does the shift to 2022 happen? Will they raise price on our agreement? Any thoughts?

Wow! Yes, usually, anytime once you have such a short EDD. Just after a major overhaul, if your EDD is pulled back, your July order seem to have hit a jackpot.

Here another case like this, Seattle order:

On the other hand, @Reebles's CA order below could be a perfect example of EOQ rush ?

Well, all are yet to be matched to VINs, this is all a theory, please update us back once you have VIN assigned, rare situations, I am happy for you guys, just curious.
yep for sure, maybe becuase i ordered blue? would like to see what colors the otheres ordered

Priorities!!! The day I find a lady that would take a car over a fancy ring, we're driving straight to the courthouse. Quickly...
I wanted to elope in Vegas so badly but lost that battle.... so we stuck to a tacky/cheap reception hall and outdoor quickie ceremony with no chairs and a battery operated karaoke machine for my walk down the "aisl"e song.
Eh, $6 in tax in return for no sales tax (Philly residents pay like 8%) and $2k off sticker is fine by me.
Indeed, I have paid 8% tax on two Teslas with a combined price more than my first house in Philly. At least trade-in value gets deducted before calculation.
Does New Jersey charge sales tax on clothing? I can’t remember if we were in PA or NJ at the time (the state lines were a little blurry for me 😂), but I was so confused why the sticker price was $25 and the total was $25. The sales guy laughed and said the state deems clothing essential and thus, no tax 🤷🏻‍♀️😂
Nope, no sales tax in Jersey or PA/Philly on clothes.
Daycare - my 2nd mortgage (that's more expensive than my actual mortgage).
My kid moves up to the older class next week so our price goes down by $17 every two weeks. Hooray?

So folks when does the 2022 model start to kick in? With many thousands now in pending orders for MYLR when really does the shift to 2022 happen? Will they raise price on our agreement? Any thoughts?
October. At least that has been the past couple of years. Of note, Tesla doesn't do model year refreshes so its possible (likely) nothing dramatic changes.

As discussed, they incorporate changes throughout, the last major change at the end of Q2 when they added Bio Weapon to VINs 225+. They have also this year added an 82kWh battery pack and changed the way the windshield washer fluid is dispensed onto the windshield. I forget the exact rollout but the double-pane front glass was also introduced sometime this year.

Point is, these things didn't all happen at once. They were put into production as they became available.

Reactions: CharlesCastle
Your price is locked into what it was when you ordered. There are people here who purchased in the spring and summer and will pay several thousand dollars less than those of us who only just ordered. However, if you make any changes to your order after a price change (up or down), you pay that new price.

Reactions: PatrickTM
Your price is locked into what it was when you ordered. There are people here who purchased in the spring and summer and will pay several thousand dollars less than those of us who only just ordered. However, if you make any changes to your order after a price change (up or down), you pay that new price.
To add to this @Oldguywaits the consensus in this thread appears to be that if they are able to update the cast chassis and newer battery in the near-term, that rather than charging you more, they could potentially call this a new model (think Model Y Xtra-long-range) and charge more for that. Those of us with existing orders would likely get the current car as produced out of Fremont. My personal opinion is that is also dependent on the cost of these changes. If the casting lowers cost, maybe they could generate similar margins at the current price even with more expensive batteries. What I've seen as Tesla matures is that their auto margins continue to improve so it seems that many design decisions they make incorporate this aspect. They are slowly making progress towards 30% already.

Reactions: PatrickTM and chand
As per this article, they sold about 48,354 MY and 26,983 M3 in Q1 2021 alone in USA.

Last VIN reported in 2/21 has 131xxx range, we don't have entries before Feb.

If we go by monthly range(all rounded):

March30k (161 - 131)
April22k (183 - 161)
May9k ( 192-183)
June37k (229-192)
July11k (240-229)
August(8/21)19k (259-240)

June has seen more than monthly average, was it spilled from May where they had delivery issues or in general, as we all agree, they pump more in last month of a quarter.

I am hoping September is going to see similar numbers as June, i.e about 30-40k.

Revisiting my earlier post, now that August is in the past, latest VIN on the forum is 264xxx, that brings it to about 24k ( 264xxx-240xxx) builds in August, bravo Tesla! Well at least a good sign for the investors and EU has seen few deliveries too(SHA built though), seems like Q3 is going to be better than Q2.
After reading few "If you had invested $1000 in Tesla back in 2010 ...." articles, I was charged up enough to invest not 2 but 5 wall chargers worth money in Tesla stock when it had dropped to $620 few weeks back, let's see after 10 years.

And the EDD holds, day 69.

Reactions: DaveGT
I’m with you on this. It definitely relieves the stress knowing that you have an alternative. I may order a Mach e myself. I already have an Ioniq 5 reservation.
While I will likely have that option, reading the posts on the Mach E forum gives me pause. It's a great car mechanically, but there are lots of software glitches. Nothing major, just lots of annoying ones.