Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

I’m getting 34 panels and 3 power walls. It’s been absolute hell, to be honest. Tesla as been snaps pace slow on submitting documents, which has delayed the build to now… 7 months. We’ve had our financing expire once, and will again on October 1st. That being said, Tesla just submitted our build to our local utilities for approval, so soon as we hear back with the approval, we should be about 2 weeks out from starting the installation. Stay tuned! LOL

Looks great. The options are tempting me to change to P…

I think itll look great, especially a bit lower (performance lower that LR wise) and with the red calipers and carbon fiber spoiler.

Ill also be adding the following:

Black Tesla T badge in on the front hood
T E S L A black banding on the back trunk
Black DUAL MOTOR w/ black/red line for performance on trunk
Mud flaps
Black door lock caps
Blue interior ambient lighting, front and back seats
35% tint on front windows
and a few other minor upgrade/mods.

I think all these will make it look like its own and stand out tastefully.

• Love
Reactions: PatrickTM
I think the big difference with this logic though is the weight and cost of the batteries as it stands now and in the foreseeable future.

If you are always hauling around a huge battery pack and only need it for road trips a couple times a year, the rest of the time you are wasting efficiency and energy by hauling around all that extra weight. That and all those extra batteries to give you that range cost a lot more making the car that much more expensive.

The best way to solve this issue in the near term is to increase efficiency and improve charging curves to make "filling up" as fast as possible, not just add more batteries and more range.

That said, long term we should see improvements in battery density that will ultimately mean more range out of the same or less batteries which helps give more range for hopefully less cost up front.

We are all definitely still early adopters in the EV world and I love it! It will definitely improve over time, and I think we will likely see more affordable lower range cars in the future since many people don't need cars with 500 miles of range for regular driving. But I think to increase adoption of EVs as a whole, people that aren't familiar with them or are nervous about range will be sold much easier on EVs if they can get a car with huge range to ease their anxiety about running out of juice. But then they will realize soon after that they could have easily gotten by with 300 miles of range :)
I disagree slightly on the resolution you propose more than anything else. I think the best way to solve the problem is fast-swap batteries, or the ability to "plug and play" additional range into your car (also adding that associated weight only for longer trips). This resolves any charging curve concerns as well as efficiency.

Reactions: PatrickTM
I’m getting 34 panels and 3 power walls. It’s been absolute hell, to be honest. Tesla as been snaps pace slow on submitting documents, which has delayed the build to now… 7 months. We’ve had our financing expire once, and will again on October 1st. That being said, Tesla just submitted our build to our local utilities for approval, so soon as we hear back with the approval, we should be about 2 weeks out from starting the installation. Stay tuned! LOL
We tried to get panels and power walls on the house we’re building. After several months, Tesla told us they were not there yet on installing them on flat roofs in Florida. So we‘re going with a natural gas generator and wait for Tesla technology to advance.

Reactions: Reebles
For those who switched to the MYP and are in places with winter weather, what are you planning for wheels? Swap out the Uberturbines twice a year with something else, or try to get all season tires?
I plan on putting a set of A/S tires on the 21" in October. Then in 2022 I will find some 19" or 20" wheels and have a square setup with A/S.

Putting the A/S on the 21" give me time to find the wheels I want without having to worry about skating through the winter.

I grabbed it ;)
So after grabbing that blue on white MYP from inventory and giving the performance some serious thought I decided to cancel the order and keep waiting for the MYLR with third row. This was not easy as I had a VIN and delivery date of 09/09-09/12! At the end of the day though I think I will get use out of the third row with 3 young boys (and often their friends on the weekend). Additionally, the performance acceleration, while fun, can be closely matched by adding the $2K acceleration boost to the LR. Another factor was the higher cost of replacement for the 21" performance tires coupled with their tendency to require replacement more frequently than the 20"s.

So I rejoin this therapy group with an EDD of 10/19-11/08. I just hope that my M3SR+ sales value does not change significantly over the next 8 or so weeks before I can take delivery.

I would cancel since it sounds like the car has problems. If you decide to take it I would look it over with a fine tooth comb. I wouldn't have the patience you have already shown. I rejected my first model 3 and a week later they had a perfect one for me. Maybe you can work something out with them once it arrives, but that could be a long time if it has to go to a body shop for repairs.
Thanks for the advice @Tweety! I went ahead and canceled the order. It was just too much of a runaround for a car I am not confident about.

As luck would have it, I checked Tesla inventory right after and there was a large MYP drop. I was able to snag similar specs in Raleigh, which is driving distance away from me.

Now I am waiting on Tesla to transfer my financing to the new car. Fingers crossed that is not another huge ordeal...

Has anyone been successful in having their financing transferred from one vehicle to another?

Last edited:
I've read that one would need a reference to be able to apply for a loan through DCU. Is this true and if so how does one go about getting a reference?
I do not believe this is accurate. It seems the reference is only for a $20 bonus upon opening an account. With the referral link it simply directs you to their website and you'd need to click on something to apply for. Then you'd enter the referral code you're given in the email on the application.

Reactions: MattDJupiter
Oh Elon, Where's MY MY
Oolala, I Want MY MY

Jumped on the Internets as I do Everyday
Checking what Elon's Got for Me Today
He Says "You Better Like 12- 30 of September
Or I'll Randomly Move You to December"

Oh Elon, Where's MY MY
Oolala, I Want MY MY
Somewhere in there you need "Fresh Watermelon is sweeter in summer"

Team Red, nearby, not exact. Super tempting but I'm not thrilled over the demo vehicle thing. Despite only a few hundred miles. Thoughts on demos?

Team Red, nearby, not exact. Super tempting but I'm not thrilled over the demo vehicle thing. Despite only a few hundred miles. Thoughts on demos?

Not thrilled with the idea of a demo for only a minimal $ discount. Plus the white interior looks great on with the red in my opinion and you'd be giving up that!