Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone in IL want to take delivery sooner?

I’m scheduled to pick mine up tomorrow but due to personal reason i am unable to. I’ve read that you can swap RN/VIN with someone. I was wondering If you have similar config as me and want to take the delivery asap?

Mine is LR, white, 19” wheel, black and white interior, 5 seat and no FSD

I can wait til the end of October. I just don’t want to get put back at the end of the line and wait til January delivery.

Proof:
Hey did you happen to find a swap yet? I'm in Evanston, exact same build except with FSD (which can be dropped) + Induction (which we could work out). OD July 3, current EDD Oct 15-Nov 4.

Yay IL people! Completion date 7/2, picked up 9/8!! Just Bc someone didn’t want the MY, so I was next!
Man that is incredible, maybe I won't have to wait until Thanksgiving after all! I waste more and more time every day madly refreshing the forums looking for some shred of inspiration... like checking the fridge again hoping a ghost went shopping for me since the last time I checked it 10 minutes ago.

Hang in there! Truth be told your August order date getting the same EDD range as a May order was simply unrealistic and I would expect a shift. Not sure how it got assigned but this is not surprising. Your car would literally take 3 months faster to produce than mine.
Yeah, I know it isn’t surprising, but they messed with me for a long time before pushing it back! Lol

Reactions: ConchChick
Yeah it definitely feels different than the end of June which I was on this forum for. Maybe we will all just get our Tesla's delivered on September 30th at midnight. One can dream anyway.
Only 8% of July and August MYLR orders have VINs as of 2 days ago, at least according to the spreadsheet, which is way lower than M3 orders from the same period. I ordered a M3LR on 8/19 and it is being delivered 9/21. A boatload of M3 orders are getting VINs and DDs right now, but not MYLRs. It looks like they are pushing MYLR production to Q4 or later which would align with the new casting process and the ramp up at Austin. I'm starting to think that they are trying to use up all of the older Y casting design parts and are now getting to the point of flipping over the the new casting process. This would explain the tapering off of MY deliveries this quarter and the shift to a much higher level of M3 deliveries as the older Y casting parts start to dwindle. Any remaining MY resources are being put into MYP production because it's higher profit. I think once we get past this EOQ push, they will shift to the new casting process at the beginning of Q4 and MYLR production will pick back up. But then again, I have no crystal ball.

Last edited:
So was having lunch today near the "sales center", after lunch, walked in to see if they could tell me if all is still good with delivery a week from now, or if it would arrive sooner. Their response (the other SAs there that is) was we can't look up any of that info (btw my SA was also not there). So they gave me the number of the delivery center and said you can call this number and find out.

Reactions: PatrickTM
And if you want induction wheels on a MYLR, the difference between the MYP and the LR is $5k. And it’s only 23 miles of theoretical extra range you are getting with the LR.
Sure, that's true for me. I can assure you I've done that math more than once :) But since MYP estimates are now November, instead of 4-5 weeks like they were, it makes it easier to resist temptation.

Reactions: dwh13 and Drock77
Sure, that's true for me. I can assure you I've done that math more than once :) But since MYP estimates are now November, instead of 4-5 weeks like they were, it makes it easier to resist temptation.
Just trying to justify my own overspending. I waited for a while with the Lr order and swapped and got a vin assigned the following day. Makes me feel better to say it was all worth the extra $$ Tesla tax. Lol.

So was having lunch today near the "sales center", after lunch, walked in to see if they could tell me if all is still good with delivery a week from now, or if it would arrive sooner. Their response (the other SAs there that is) was we can't look up any of that info (btw my SA was also not there). So they gave me the number of the delivery center and said you can call this number and find out.
Lies! I was at the Tesla center in Knoxville last week and another employee looked up my order right in front of me. My SA was there but he was dealing with a different customer who actually had an appointment. When he was done, he met with me, pulled up my order again and said that he didn’t have any new info to offer on their end.