Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does anyone know if there’s a way to pull the rear seat belt buckle out of the seat a bit? Our kiddo is in a booster and she’s always been able to buckle herself with no issues in our other vehicles, but in the MY, the buckle is basically flush with the seat and she has a really hard time getting it buckled on her own 🙈😂
Curious about this too. My kid is struggling with the buckle.

Reactions: collaGOunltd
Just picked up on Saturday 09/25 and that is the version I am on also I believe. Definitely a step back from my Model 3. I heard it can take some time, maybe a few weeks, to get the new cars in the SW upgrade queue but curious to hear others experiences as well.
It’s just strange to me that they can’t push updates out to new vehicle purchases within a day or two of taking delivery.

There is a separate thread discussing this somewhere…. I can’t find it. I have the same SW level as you. Some IT folks had commented that our SW level was due to a the chip shortage and this SW version is a seperate branch they created and we will be merged into the newer SW version too. It looks like it effects cars made in late August. Hoping we get that SW update soon as car wash mode is in it…
Thanks for the info. Still sounds strange, chip shortage, ok. They have chips now. Why can’t they update them when they prep the vehicle or prior to delivery. Or within a day or two of taking delivery. Makes zero sense to me. Not getting on you about it, I’m getting on Tesla to make this happen for all new owners.

Reactions: PatrickTM
How do these posts relate to current delivery times? I am sure if you search the forum you may find the answers to your questions regarding seats, and software updates and other themes unrelated to current delivery times.
This thread has never worried about staying on topic, not sure why it should start now? This thread seems to be equal parts group therapy, stream of consciousness, free association, conspiracy theories and "things to buy for your tesla while waiting for your tesla". The post you're replying to seems to be in that last category.

How do these posts relate to current delivery times? I am sure if you search the forum you may find the answers to your questions regarding seats, and software updates and other themes unrelated to current delivery times.
stick around long enough, you'll realize this is more group therapy and a stream of conciousness we can't share with our s/o's LOL.

This thread has never worried about staying on topic, not sure why it should start now? This thread seems to be equal parts group therapy, stream of consciousness, free association, conspiracy theories and "things to buy for your tesla while waiting for your tesla". The post you're replying to seems to be in that last category.
I’m not even waiting for a car, and look at me posting !!

OK! Exactly 90 days from when the Model Y was ordered, the SO and I now have it in hand. White, five seats, decent shape. Things discovered upon inspection:
  1. Rear hatch slightly off-center.
  2. Steering wheel is canted clockwise some 5 degrees when the car is driven straight.
Paint job is excellent. Even when the misalignment, no paint is hitting anything. Inside is fine.

Got everything in for a service appointment, as well as getting the Homelink installed. The SA stated that he thought a mobile tech would do the deed. However, in NJ, apparently getting service is getting a bit interesting: Nearest place with service openings is some 25 miles south of here in October. I suspect that we'll get a mobile tech sooner than later, though.

Interesting bit that we didn't realize: The rear hatch is a liftgate that opens and closes by itself. Look ma, no hands!

The car does not have FSD. The current software release on the car is 2021.11.103, which is considerably different than the 2021.32.22 on the M3 which, admittedly, does have FSD. We'll see if it gets an update to something slightly more modern.
As far as Supercharger miles goes: Used the SO's account (her user name, her password) for the referral code and my account (my username, my password) for ordering the car, with the hopes that both accounts would get 1000 miles of supercharging. As of this evening, the Model Y has 1000 miles of supercharging but the Model 3 doesn't :rolleyes:. Ah, well, had been warned about that.
The NJ Rebate program came through and got our $2000 knocked off the price of the car, so that's good.

Our neighbor who had pulled the trigger a month ago and bought a Ford Mach-E off the lot came by to check out the new car. His remarks:
1. The volume behind the rear seat is bigger than his.
2. He thinks the frunk is bigger, too.

OK! Exactly 90 days from when the Model Y was ordered, the SO and I now have it in hand. White, five seats, decent shape. Things discovered upon inspection:
  1. Rear hatch slightly off-center.
  2. Steering wheel is canted clockwise some 5 degrees when the car is driven straight.
Paint job is excellent. Even when the misalignment, no paint is hitting anything. Inside is fine.

Got everything in for a service appointment, as well as getting the Homelink installed. The SA stated that he thought a mobile tech would do the deed. However, in NJ, apparently getting service is getting a bit interesting: Nearest place with service openings is some 25 miles south of here in October. I suspect that we'll get a mobile tech sooner than later, though.

Interesting bit that we didn't realize: The rear hatch is a liftgate that opens and closes by itself. Look ma, no hands!

The car does not have FSD. The current software release on the car is 2021.11.103, which is considerably different than the 2021.32.22 on the M3 which, admittedly, does have FSD. We'll see if it gets an update to something slightly more modern.
As far as Supercharger miles goes: Used the SO's account (her user name, her password) for the referral code and my account (my username, my password) for ordering the car, with the hopes that both accounts would get 1000 miles of supercharging. As of this evening, the Model Y has 1000 miles of supercharging but the Model 3 doesn't :rolleyes:. Ah, well, had been warned about that.
The NJ Rebate program came through and got our $2000 knocked off the price of the car, so that's good.

Our neighbor who had pulled the trigger a month ago and bought a Ford Mach-E off the lot came by to check out the new car. His remarks:
1. The volume behind the rear seat is bigger than his.
2. He thinks the frunk is bigger, too.
Great you have minor issue. Seems like 11.32 software is flooding our for model Y owners today. You should have it soon.