Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone digested (or been advised by someone knowledgeable) on the Build Back Better Act that was released in full today. The text not the framework. Assuming the Bill passes, it looks like the credit would be available for purchasers on or after the earlier of the enactment date or 12/31/2021.

Looking to see if anyone has additional insight.

Has anyone digested (or been advised by someone knowledgeable) on the Build Back Better Act that was released in full today. The text not the framework. Assuming the Bill passes, it looks like the credit would be available for purchasers on or after the earlier of the enactment date or 12/31/2021.

Looking to see if anyone has additional insight.

Obviously I'm very interested in this, but I'm certainly not delaying the order either way. I have no information about whether 2021 buyers are screwed, and nothing I've found does either.

Thanks but I was moreso looking for a video that we both could watch and actually see what to look for or what common issues look like. I know there's that tesbros video out there but wasn't sure if there's something better.
Here is a good one
Also here is the list I made from this video:
1- Dent on pillars in front of vehicle

2- Panel gaps around the car

3-Trim gaps, alignment issues

4-Trim scratch on window because window may not go down on opening

5- Tail light fitment

6- Headlight fitment

7- Door handles operate well

8- Lift gate smooth and no noise

9- Frunk is thin so be gentle and can be dented

10- Check all wheels, scratches

11- Missing tow hook

13- Check charging cable

14- Cargo covers - sturdy not broken

15- Both Back seats fold both with buttons in back and on the seat

16- Back seat covers

17- USBC ports at the back check

18- Check seats for damage (material and moving)

19- Center Consul for damage or scratches

20- Screen for scratches

21- Both front seat operations

22- Floor mats for stains rips

23- Wireless charging check

24- Headliner and coat-hooks aligned and good shape

25- Windshield for any blemish

26- Steering wheel for any damage

27- Charging check at the DC

28- Open close glove box

29- Backup camera

30- Sound system check

31- Mirrors fold and operate well

32- Check lights and turn signals

33- Wipers operate

Hi ajabay could you break this down for a layman like me. So when I go to take delivery, if I see an issue, I should take a picture using my iPhone and upload that into the app with a comment?
Right now my app just says “manage your order in your account” with a blue “go to account” button. So I am assuming on delivery this app will change and show more stuff and also option to open service request?
If I find more than one issue you indicate that I submit all request at one go within the 24 hour period. Correct?
So you have 24hrs/100 miles to log delivery day issues. Get as much as you can in that initial ticket. Even if you need to add stuff to it later, I think you can as long as they haven't reached out that they've reviewed your request yet. We added stuff the day of delivery and next day and they reached out like the the 3rd day that they've reviewed the ticket and sent an estimate. We kept adding more stuff to the ticket with pictures per the chat in the service but at the actual service, only the things that we initially added and was on the initial estimate showed up on their system. We were told to make a separate appointment for the rest. However, the lady said we should have added new issues after that initial estimate in the chat instead. There's a chat option when you have a service ticket. So anything you find after that initial estimate, put it in the chat.

So are you suggesting to only have one ticket and include all issues in that ticket? I will try to check thoroughly right at the DC (Devon) but I am not as tech savvy as most folks here so it is possible I find issue later on reaching home. I had always assumed you can easily submit all issues with Tim the 24 hours or 100 miles whichever comes first?
It may vary for you if you can get another appointment sooner. For the SC in tampa, there are no more dates for 2021 last I checked. Would suck to have to wait 2 months for an issue. We had whistling noise coming from the driver side when driving that was annoying. The tech drove the car and said it was driving him mad and he was only in it for 10 minutes. Having to wait 2 months dealing with that would have sucked but if your SC has appointments sooner, you can create new tickets if you find stuff after your initial one.
The difference is delivery issue vs warranty issue. Delivery issue is stuff you logged within 24hr/100miles. Anything after is warranty issue.

Take it and go!!! Congrats!
Yeah, doing that. Called my bank and good thing is we have 60 days from our last loan app to open a new one without credit check. 60 days is up in 2 days so I told them to at least put the application in so I meet the time plus I get extra .75 discount running through 10/31. Doesn't beat DCU and I planned on doing DCU and rate matching with my bank but don't feel like going through all that stress. We're not financing that much on the cars so the extra discounts with DCU is not that much.

Also, one more thing, I'm not sure about the Gen 1 wall connector, but the later ones definitely let you configure a lower max amperage so it may be possible to use it without upgrading your breaker / circuit etc. Just have to use the 80% rule, i.e., you can only set your EVSE to 80% of the circuit's rated capacity.
Sorry for all of the questions but do you think it would be possible to take a picture of your set up? With the form that @thecavalry sent and your explanation, I am really thinking about adding another charger.

Reactions: ArrogantSeeker
Sorry for all of the questions but do you think it would be possible to take a picture of your set up? With the form that @thecavalry sent and your explanation, I am really thinking about adding another charger.
IMG_1010.jpeg

@loggedout I think you got your vin on the same day as me (10/26), has your delivery center reached out at all? I’ve heard nothing from mine..
VIN-pals. I've had contact with my SA since ordering and she's been extra helpful since receiving the VIN. She's changed me from cash to financing, added my wife to the registration, answered my questions, and instructed me on how to get the financing setup properly. She told me when my car is expected and made notes about my preference for delivery. I'm just waiting on them to reach out for scheduling that delivery, which might be waiting until the car is actually in transit (speculation).

I've really internalized the military's "hurry up and wait" operating style, so I really appreciate being able to knock everything out in two days then just waiting two weeks for it to arrive. It sucks that they leave you hanging...I'd be quite anxious. Have you tried the chat function on the Tesla website? Or emailing your center's order support email? You can find them here: US Tesla Stores and Galleries | Tesla

So are you suggesting to only have one ticket and include all issues in that ticket? I will try to check thoroughly right at the DC (Devon) but I am not as tech savvy as most folks here so it is possible I find issue later on reaching home. I had always assumed you can easily submit all issues with Tim the 24 hours or 100 miles whichever comes first?
If you have multiple issues I would "collect them" over the first 24 hours and make one appointment in the app for it all. Devon service is good, and they seem to have easy availability. Cherry Hill, NJ is closer to me but I've not had great experiences with them at all.

VIN-pals. I've had contact with my SA since ordering and she's been extra helpful since receiving the VIN. She's changed me from cash to financing, added my wife to the registration, answered my questions, and instructed me on how to get the financing setup properly. She told me when my car is expected and made notes about my preference for delivery. I'm just waiting on them to reach out for scheduling that delivery, which might be waiting until the car is actually in transit (speculation).

I've really internalized the military's "hurry up and wait" operating style, so I really appreciate being able to knock everything out in two days then just waiting two weeks for it to arrive. It sucks that they leave you hanging...I'd be quite anxious. Have you tried the chat function on the Tesla website? Or emailing your center's order support email? You can find them here: US Tesla Stores and Galleries | Tesla
I’ve done both, the chat was great with the first few questions. Anything that they attributed to the “delivery team” they couldn’t help with. That seems to be where the SA comes in, but I don’t have one of those. I also emailed the Mt Kisco order support email and didn’t get a response.

I’ve done both, the chat was great with the first few questions. Anything that they attributed to the “delivery team” they couldn’t help with. That seems to be where the SA comes in, but I don’t have one of those. I also emailed the Mt Kisco order support email and didn’t get a response.
Yikes. I haven't heard many good things about Mt Kisko from hundreds of pages ago. Maybe when push comes to shove they'll get their act in order? But I totally understand not wanting to leave if in their hands.

Obviously I'm very interested in this, but I'm certainly not delaying the order either way. I have no information about whether 2021 buyers are screwed, and nothing I've found does either.
I think it’s only effective for 2022, assuming it passes. If it does, there could be a lot of disruption with people trying to reschedule and everyone wanting cars at the start of 2022, with the already long waits. I hate to miss out on a lot of money with the credit, but am worried if I hold, I won’t see a car for 8 months. So still going ahead with mine; ED now November 2-8.

I think it’s only effective for 2022, assuming it passes. If it does, there could be a lot of disruption with people trying to reschedule and everyone wanting cars at the start of 2022, with the already long waits. I hate to miss out on a lot of money with the credit, but am worried if I hold, I won’t see a car for 8 months. So still going ahead with mine; ED now November 2-8.
Same here. I placed my order on a one month hold and was put to the back of the line and should be picking up my MY week after next. If the bill passes as written, that just means I might have to order a M3 for my husband!

Same here. I placed my order on a one month hold and was put to the back of the line and should be picking up my MY week after next. If the bill passes as written, that just means I might have to order a M3 for my husband!
Great minds! I was half thinking about a M3 for the other half too. And I also did the hold and back of the line thing and just can’t do it again.

Reactions: dwh13
Ordered MYLR7 Midnight Silver AWD on 10/4 and completed profile on 10/5 with an estimated Delivery date of 3/7-4/4.

My question is about the payment method. I wasn't paying attention and just kept on filling up the profile and got approved for the 72months 2.49APR. I didn't confirm yet since the delivery date is still way far and the credit application approved is vaild for 60days which will expire eventually.

Should I still confirm it or leave it alone for now? will it affect my queue if i leave it unconfirmed since delivery is still far from processing the payment? I am also looking to have a lower rate somewhere and try a counter offer if I can still lower the 2.49 which is already great but if I get a lower rate, the better.

Should I confirm loan terms now or let it expire and request for another application when getting closer to delivery?