Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I installed the front bumper ppf today on my wife’s MY and yikes, it was a lot of work. I did it solo but will recommend having someone at least while you get the film off and have it set. Biggest issue was aligning the corners and sensor holes. It was easy to do one side but then I tried to do the other side and it would reach. I realized it needs a little pulling so I did it a quarter length at a time. It’s a pain to steer but again as a one man show. Next time (I have another set for my MY), I’ll make sure my wife is available to help.
Now I get why it costs a lot for ppf. It’s not the material, it’s the labor. I’m sore. Lol but I enjoyed it though. I’ve tinted car windows in the past so I have an idea of the process
Awesome and thank you so much for sharing. Pausing to think twice before venturing into it. I won’t pay the $4-$5K contemplating if ceramic coating is enough. OCD OCD what do you say…. 😂😂

Awesome and thank you so much for sharing. Pausing to think twice before venturing into it. I won’t pay the $4-$5K contemplating if ceramic coating is enough. OCD OCD what do you say…. 😂😂
Ppf and ceramic kinda do different jobs I think. Ceramic protects the paint luster and look but won’t prevent dings from rocks and debris. Ppf will give some protection against light rocks and heavy ones may have less damage and ultimately I think ppf does something for the paint too since it’s a layer over it. You can take it off after a few years and maybe have close to original look of the paint. Just my thoughts.
My wife’s wants me to ppf the mirrors now and I’m also thinking maybe the hood and lights. Only because they get the most road debris. That’s it. Not doing the sides or any where else.

Hope you all get your deliveries soon. I finally got mine!! Pretty cool to drive!!! Super silent and pretty powerful!! Delivery was very helpful at Devon PA. Very patient guy explains everything repeatedly!!
Old guy no longer waits…Old guy drives! Congratulations!

There are five general campers.
1- That spend 10K on the FSD no PPF
2- That spend 4-7K on PPF no FSD
3- That spend 14-17K on FSD + PPF
4- No FSD and only limited to no PPF
5- FSD (10K) but only limited to no PPF

WHICH camp are you in?? Just say camp 1,2,3 or 4
My wife is the best. When I was waffling about PPF, she said, "Well, if it starts to get dinged up and looks bad, you can just get the car wrapped in a color you actually like." Um, ok! Good idea! I'm not a big fan of the colors that Tesla offers.They are ok but generic. I can't wait to get my MY with white interior wrapped in orange so I can name it Creamsicle. Too bad it has to dinged up first. 😆 BTW, no FSD for me at least with this car. I figure it will still be in beta until I get my 2026 MY. Can I call "Wrap after a while with no FSD" option 6?

Hope you all get your deliveries soon. I finally got mine!! Pretty cool to drive!!! Super silent and pretty powerful!! Delivery was very helpful at Devon PA. Very patient guy explains everything repeatedly!!
Awesome! Congrats and hope you enjoy the drive. Stay safe and go have some fun!

Well, if folks absolutely can't wait, and are in the mid-Atlantic US region, there seems to be a great deal of used MYs at this VW dealer with a ton of markup, of course.

My curiosity is whether this many MYs were traded in for VWs? I know the trade in values are absurd at this point, so maybe? I have to think with the absurd wait time for a LR MY with 19" at this point, inventory like this may be an option for buyers at this point, but as ICE inventories build back up, I have to think that Tesla will lose more sales to ICE vs. other EVs or even used Teslas that are marked up tremendously.

Reactions: boulder.dude
Well, if folks absolutely can't wait, and are in the mid-Atlantic US region, there seems to be a great deal of used MYs at this VW dealer with a ton of markup, of course.

My curiosity is whether this many MYs were traded in for VWs? I know the trade in values are absurd at this point, so maybe? I have to think with the absurd wait time for a LR MY with 19" at this point, inventory like this may be an option for buyers at this point, but as ICE inventories build back up, I have to think that Tesla will lose more sales to ICE vs. other EVs or even used Teslas that are marked up tremendously.

CarMax has 1-2 available at the same crazy prices ($69K for a 2021 MYLR with 5000 miles). And from what I've seen... they sell.

You talk about "other EVs" but you somehow think they are more available? Mach-E has an even longer wait time than the Model Y. The ID.4 has the shortest (about 2-3 months) but I traded mine in for a Model Y.

Welp, still no idea when the airbag bracket on “my” MYLR will be repaired. SA (or whoever texted) says new pickup date of 11/5 is a placeholder but don’t make any plans. They have no idea when the part will arrive. I used to think being able to buy a car online and not have to deal with dealership crap was a good thing but this will go down as the worst buying experience ever. The lack of transparency and communication is maddening.

Hi everyone, haven’t had a chance to tell you all about my experience getting the car on 10/28. The delivery went pretty good. The worst thing about picking up in Brooklyn is that we couldn’t find parking. So my wife had to go in first and I spent 20 minutes looking for a spot. So she got to see the car before me 😢. That bummed out because I’ve been the feen 😂 and she’s been ultra relaxed about all this. When I finally got there, I got chills. It was love at first sight, everything I imagined it to be. The only issue was that the frunk hood was slightly misaligned but the rep saw it and we put in a service request for it, otherwise everything else was flawless and clean. We were there for about an hour just looking everything over on the exterior, interior and putting in our settings. Never felt rushed at all, I honestly don’t know how I could ever go to a dealership after this. We used Tesla Prep for our checklist https://teslaprep.glideapp.io. You can save it on your phone Home Screen as an app. Great checklist.

The only true bummer of all this was that we couldn’t really enjoy the car too much because we took her straight to a shop for PPF and tints. Got Furiosa back on Saturday and just spent the day making her all pretty with the huge amount of accessories we bought her.

The wait for her was worth it. So if anyone is struggling just know that once you see your car all that stress and frustration will vanish. I waited 130 days, most of you now will wait more but the car is a dream and the wait just made the day more eventful and satisfying.