Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have an OD of 8/13, and about a month ago my EDD went to 12/13-1/2, and has been holding steady there since. Prior to that it was 11/13-12/5. My current EDD crosses quarters, which is somewhat rare it seems. Crossing fingers we get in November!!

If it’s ready mid/late December, I may just push off until early January to cover myself if EV bill passes.
Mine is similar situation..initially EDD was sometime in end Nov- early Dec...now since almost 35+ days it has been holding steady on 17 Dec - 6 Jan. I did not know you can delay/ push off delivery and thought doing so would push us to the end of line. Is there any trick to do so?

Ordered MYP at the end of September. EDD was November. I had range of November-December. Today I got an update of January 7 - February 4. Lame.
Part of me is envious of you. Because tesla has taken the deiscion out of your hands, you might get $8000 off, which is no small amount. But a larger part of me is pissed on your behalf because waiting for something you are super excited about is painful when you can’t control when you get it. My wait time is roughly 130 days and it was a pretty long 130 days…

Ok. I received VIN this morning - *****MF302*****. I received text message saying that the home delivery will be on Nov 2nd.

Timing could not have been worse, I am on vacation 😥😥😥. And will not be home until next week.

I talked to SA and I was told that they cannot hold the vehicle for more than 72hours and not exceptions. Come on Tesla, waited for so long day in and day out and all we get is 72hours. Dang!

I had to put hold on the order. As I have another vacation coming up in December, SA suggested to keep hold till early Jan.

My MY will go to another person and another home.

Bummer....

Ok. I received VIN this morning - *****MF302*****. I received text message saying that the home delivery will be on Nov 2nd.

Timing could not have been worse, I am on vacation 😥😥😥. And will not be home until next week.

I talked to SA and I was told that they cannot hold the vehicle for more than 72hours and not exceptions. Come on Tesla, waited for so long day in and day out and all we get is 72hours. Dang!

I had to put hold on the order. As I have another vacation coming up in December, SA suggested to keep hold till early Jan.

Bummer....
Super bummer. It's hard that you never know when the car is coming. And when it does, you have to get to the car right away. Crazy system.

March30k (161 - 131)
April22k (183 - 161)
May9k ( 192-183)
June37k (229-192)
July11k (240-229)
August24k (264-240)
September19k (283 - 264)
October28k (311 - 283)

Numbers are strictly based on the last and first VIN of a month seen on Teslike Model Y Survey & Order Tracker. Though Tesla has been delivering more than 200k 3/Ys quarterly, this data is limited to Model Y sales in USA/Canada as reported by fellow members.

Bummer....

That is a bummer. Its almost like they run the deliveries like they do the assembly line making these cars. Try to move the cars as quickly as possible and not having them sit very long. Unfortunately, this puts people in tough situations with life getting in the way of the speed in which they want to move them.

No, did you get one? And if so, do you have their contact info? I may reach out to just see what they say.
So technically yes, according to a person I spoke to at what I assume is the national call center (called local number, but pretty sure I was punted to parts unknown). I have their name and email address, I have emailed them (a week ago) and have not received a response. I was hoping you had a kickass SA that I could contact, but sounds like we're in the same boat :(

The backlog is really that big?
I agree with @PatrickTM, Elon's tweet on market reaction to Hertz deal , demand has never been a problem.

EV adaptation has picked up faster than I expected and for reasons we all know, Tesla ( specially Model 3/Y) is preferred compared to products from Ford/VW Group/Hyundai-Kia/GM, it's not just charging network I believe, overall Tesla products shine on all fronts.

And Tesla is quite happy milking it, I can't believe, price increased by more than $3k since our order (06/24).

I agree with @PatrickTM, Elon's tweet on market reaction to Hertz deal , demand has never been a problem.

EV adaptation has picked up faster than I expected and for reasons we all know, Tesla ( specially Model 3/Y) is preferred compared to products from Ford/VW Group/Hyundai-Kia/GM, it's not just charging network I believe, overall Tesla products shine on all fronts.

And Tesla is quite happy milking it, I can't believe, price increased by more than $3k since our order (06/24).
I’m pretty sure price is up $5K since your order. I was waffling on color and it cost me $1K and my 7/11 order was at 52,990 which is now 56,990. Appreciating assets indeed.

I share your feelings because I received the same text this morning. Mine also is scheduled for 11/9 and the only option was home delivery. Question for those who received their MY's at home: what's unique about the process and what should I expect? I presume that I can still pay by cashier's check but what else should I be aware of?
I have home delivery too & yes, you can pay by cashier's check (atleast my SA told me yesterday) along with the loan check. Have fun.

CarMax has 1-2 available at the same crazy prices ($69K for a 2021 MYLR with 5000 miles). And from what I've seen... they sell.

You talk about "other EVs" but you somehow think they are more available? Mach-E has an even longer wait time than the Model Y. The ID.4 has the shortest (about 2-3 months) but I traded mine in for a Model Y.

Plenty of Mach-Es on the lot around here - and this is only one dealer. Some ID.4s, too...but not many.

Reactions: ArrogantSeeker
Plenty of Mach-Es on the lot around here - and this is only one dealer. Some ID.4s, too...but not many.
I'm guessing those Mach-E's are being offered at well over MSRP or they would be gone already.

EDIT - I just priced a 2022 Mach E Select with the technology package, and it comes in at $46 k. They list a 2021 model with the same config for $52k. Honestly $6k ADM isn't as high as I expected, apparently a lot of dealers are tacking on $10k

Last edited:
I’m pretty sure price is up $5K since your order. I was waffling on color and it cost me $1K and my 7/11 order was at 52,990 which is now 56,990. Appreciating assets indeed.
Madre Mia! Yes, you are right, base price was $52490.
$5k increase indeed, I feel so sorry for folks ordering now. And I wonder, @PatrickTM , @PhillyGal must be paying half the current price ;)