Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just realized that the CA Clean Fuel Reward has dropped from $1500 to $750 on my payment info within the account even though I ordered it in August. Anyone see the same?
If you didn’t take delivery before November 1 the amount has been reduced. That was the deadline for the larger credit. It’s based on sale date, not order date.

Tesla’s happy thanksgiving e-mail to me, basically saying no more holds, if you want to keep your order then you’re activated for fulfillment. This back and forth whiplash sucks.

EDD: TBD
I’m not surprised. They need to run a business. Cannot wait for the government.

Read some stories here about tires/wheels mis-aligned and burning through tires quickly. Any quick tips on how to check if they are aligned or not?
Car pulls or drifts toward one side…out of alignment. Steering wheel not neutral when traveling in straight line (needs to be pulled to one side or another)…needs an alignment.

Get a flat tire or some other reason and replace only one tire on a set of worn AWD tires — instead of all of them — you are going to create alignment/uneven wear issues.

Replace shocks without a new alignment? Possible alignment/uneven tire wear issues.

Read some stories here about tires/wheels mis-aligned and burning through tires quickly. Any quick tips on how to check if they are aligned or not?
Burning through tires is not necessarailly an alignment issue , the weight of a tesla will burn through the tires. I Passed on the MYP because they wouldn't let me config it with 19" tires . The 21" tires on the MYP will burn through a set of tires in 15k to 20k if they don't explode over a pothole first.

If it is an alignment issue you will see uneven tire wear . An unaligned wheel will wear more on the inside or outside of the tire and will not wear evenly

Tesla’s happy thanksgiving e-mail to me, basically saying no more holds, if you want to keep your order then you’re activated for fulfillment. This back and forth whiplash sucks.

EDD: TBD
I have had a similar experience. I ordered on July 26th and then was matched with a VIN in Mid-November. I put my order on hold until 1/1/22 to see if the tax credit would pass. I got an email from Tesla on Monday asking whether I wanted to remove my hold and if they didn’t hear from me my order would be cancelled.

I responded clearly saying that I still wanted to maintain my hold but that I would be coming off of hold in December.

In response, they proceeded to take me off of hold last night and match me with a VIN for delivery in mid-December.

Has anyone else had a similar experience? It sounds like my best option is to go to a store and try to sort it out in person.

I get that they’re trying to run a business and all of the other arguments that people have made on here. But my request is to push delivery 6 weeks when I waited almost 16 for it to get made. Plus there are plenty of customers who would be willing to accept the car now because they either don’t qualify for the proposed credit or live in a country that doesn’t have this pending legislation like Canada.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone. Well i woke up this morning at 6am to a VIN in the App by simply just checking it. OD Date was 8/23 white white 20's to West Palm Beach FL. Vin 7SAYGDEE7NF327.. Excited but my luck I'm out of town the estimated days of arrival go figure! Hopefully it comes in early or gets delayed a little so there's no problems.
I leave for FL a couple days after our EDD as well, so I hope for us we get early deliveries :).

I have had a similar experience. I ordered on July 26th and then was matched with a VIN in Mid-November. I put my order on hold until 1/1/22 to see if the tax credit would pass. I got an email from Tesla on Monday asking whether I wanted to remove my hold and if they didn’t hear from me my order would be cancelled.

I responded clearly saying that I still wanted to maintain my hold but that I would be coming off of hold in December.

In response, they proceeded to take me off of hold last night and match me with a VIN for delivery in mid-December.

Has anyone else had a similar experience? It sounds like my best option is to go to a store and try to sort it out in person.

I get that they’re trying to run a business and all of the other arguments that people have made on here. But my request is to push delivery 6 weeks when I waited almost 16 for it to get made. Plus there are plenty of customers who would be willing to accept the car now because they either don’t qualify for the proposed credit or live in a country that doesn’t have this pending legislation like Canada.
Yup, that’s almost exactly my experience. I released hold in September, in preparation for a March delivery. While holding an EDD of Jan to Feb, I got VIN assignment two/three months early in November. VIN rejected, system automatically placed my order on hold until 31 December. Great! Couple days later I receive email saying order will be cancelled, so I called and they removed cancellation and told me actually you’re totally fine to hold until 31 December no worries.

Couple day later I received another email saying no you’re not fine, and we activated the order without checking in with me. I think that jerking the customer’s order around and making changes back and forth is not good customer service, and thus a poor way to run a business.

Is it the end of the world? No, but it is a little bit frustrating from customer’s perspective. This is just my experience, meant to be shared to help others through their ordering process and manage expectations. For others who think Tesla is super duper awesome company of the world - great, and likely nothing I say will change your perspective.

Yup, that’s almost exactly my experience. I released hold in September, in preparation for a March delivery. While holding an EDD of Jan to Feb, I got VIN assignment two/three months early in November. VIN rejected, system automatically placed my order on hold until 31 December. Great! Couple days later I receive email saying order will be cancelled, so I called and they removed cancellation and told me actually you’re totally fine to hold until 31 December no worries.

Couple day later I received another email saying no you’re not fine, and we activated the order without checking in with me. I think that jerking the customer’s order around and making changes back and forth is not good customer service, and thus a poor way to run a business.

Is it the end of the world? No, but it is a little bit frustrating from customer’s perspective. This is just my experience, meant to be shared to help others through their ordering process and manage expectations. For others who think Tesla is super duper awesome company of the world - great, and likely nothing I say will change your perspective.
Sounds like quite a ride, sorry for the runaround man.

So have you decided what you're going to do?

Sounds like quite a ride, sorry for the runaround man.

So have you decided what you're going to do?
I’m going through with the Model Y purchase, come hell or high water! As much as Tesla has fiddled around with my order and provided shite customer service they still have the best car for our needs at current moment.

I’ve already suspected that as soon as we live with the Model Y for a couple months I’m going to be drafting up a family logistics and financial plan to replace the Prius with another EV. Maybe at that point (3-4 years down the road) I can seriously consider another OEM besides Tesla that values me just a little more as a customer.

It’s thanksgiving and my sister, brother IL, nephew are here visiting. They brought their brand new GLE. They had customer service “complaints” with their MB dealer and I kinda scoffed. Like yeah I need to make sure they feel heard but also they pretty much got white glove treatment the whole way.