Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got my VIN last night!!! Apparently, I now have to pay my down payment (lease) and also have to provide insurance docs before I set a delivery date. To pay the downpayment, Tesla is pushing me use their app. They have some financial linkage via something called Plaid, but it’s not working for me. I’ll probably have to call someone tomorrow to give them payment details. Anyone else having the same problem?
I was under the impression that you would pay for the down payment at pick up.

Click here to see how to bypass plaid:

Remember that you do not need to take delivery if there are any issues at inspection. If there are missing USB ports you are not obligated to take it so its up to you how you want to play it.

I am also looking to replace my last ICE vehicle but I figured I would wait on that , it will likely be with the cybertruck but battery tech is happening so fast there may be some real breakthroughs in the next 5 years which change that.
what happens if you deny taking delivery for any reason? Is that considered putting order bac on hold or they will match you with next best available? in the same boat as a lot of others where they are asking to un-hold order in Dec and likely take delivery.. but 7500 is too much to pass on!

Reactions: ArrogantSeeker
Picked her up this morning. Only issue was frunk fit was lowerer on sides than front. They were able to raise it by adjusting some rubber just under hood. They let us examine car for defects for around 45 min but the SA did mention they had pickups scheduled every 1/2 hour (the next appts were parked directly behind us). We moved the car to a parking lot across the street to add accessories, adjust settings. Anyway, car is so fun to drive!!!! Thanks everyone and good luck and shorter waits for a
Congrats on the smooth delivery. Great looking car.

From the pic you posted, it doesn't look like they included mud flaps. Is the rear door PPF installed?

Click here to see how to bypass plaid:

Very helpful, thank you. I ended getting Plaid to work on another account.

Never heard of Whip Flip, but love the name, ha!

Any questions, feel free to reach out to us! :)

I reached out and submitted my vehicle for a quote and got an email back stating youre not in the market for a 21 MYP and then a text stating a quote lower than 3 others I reached out to for comparison. Not judging, but just letting you know the confusion with polar opposite email and text, and to top off, a lower quote.

Apparently, I am back to June EDD, the original date estimated when I ordered on 11-10-21. Looked this morning due to the letters going out to hold outs to see if any affect on me, and found i went back the other direction. So, I am now deeper into this journey many of you have been on. No worries either way. It will get here when it does, and if there is a little time for Austin to get up and running and the kinks ironed out in the meantime for my rig, that is just fine.

Apparently, I am back to June EDD, the original date estimated when I ordered on 11-10-21. Looked this morning due to the letters going out to hold outs to see if any affect on me, and found i went back the other direction. So, I am now deeper into this journey many of you have been on. No worries either way. It will get here when it does, and if there is a little time for Austin to get up and running and the kinks ironed out in the meantime for my rig, that is just fine.
Headslap. Been there, done that. But it might be in the middle of a reset, too.

what happens if you deny taking delivery for any reason? Is that considered putting order bac on hold or they will match you with next best available? in the same boat as a lot of others where they are asking to un-hold order in Dec and likely take delivery.. but 7500 is too much to pass on!
If it is a valid reason, Gaps are out of Spec, something is missing or damaged then you can refuse the car until the items are replaced or repaired. That is not a hold but you will need to take delivery when it is taken care of which could be very quick depending upon what the problem is. Just don't pay for the car until you have inspected it. If you try to not take delivery for a reason thats not valid you may get your order cancelled but you could talk to your SA.