Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yea real odd... there is nothing I can update on my side . I ordered the Midnight Silver color which was a $1000 option at the time but it is now a free option for new orders. I wonder if I am getting pushed down because the color?
That is very possible. I’m good with being pushed back if it is coming from Austin and all the new planned updates. I have MSM on my M3 and love the color. But took white on the MY so we have different colors.

Yea real odd... there is nothing I can update on my side . I ordered the Midnight Silver color which was a $1000 option at the time but it is now a free option for new orders. I wonder if I am getting pushed down because the color?
My MSM MY7 slide today, again, from most recently 9 - 31 Dec to 8 Jan - 5 Feb, which is at least the 3rd 'in-window' slip (sometimes with shorter windows, too). Your comment about MSM moving to free... made me wonder if they did that to get enough of the color to make a large enough "bunch/run" to make it more efficient (free should drive more orders in that color).

I'm fine with the push, since I'm not desperate for a car, plus the added benefit of more time for BBB to play out.

OD: 6 Aug, but don't think my profile was done until 27 Aug.
MYLR7, msm/black, tow, 20"
Current EDD: 8 Jan - 5 Feb

Reactions: BTVev
Probably not, or hope not. I also got pushed a month, also MSM. But saw plenty of others that were White get pushed also. (humm, both are the free colors now)

Reactions: PatrickTM
The 19" wheels seem to be a factor on EDD, I'm not sure there is a shortage of the Geminis or they're just not prioritized because the margin is lower, but I'd guess that's causing some of the later EDDs compared to others.

I have the same color with a September order date and my EDD hasn't moved from February in at month.

No posts here today?? :eek:

Well I'll post then, but it might be my last in this thread as I took delivery of my first Tesla yesterday!

20211210_110634.jpg

It's pretty much flawless except for a little bit of noise from the super manifold in front of the passenger, but it's very low decibels and I can live with it easily.

Well I'll post then, but it might be my last in this thread as I took delivery of my first Tesla yesterday!

View attachment 742746

It's pretty much flawless except for a little bit of noise from the super manifold in front of the passenger, but it's very low decibels and I can live with it easily.
Congratulations!
Please tell me this is an inventory vehicle....

Congratulations!
Please tell me this is an inventory vehicle....

No, it had 15 miles on it and was originally at another delivery center out of state. It was then shipped to Devon PA for my order. The SA heard it was an order someone cancelled due to the new EV rebate not passing yet.

In short I think I just got very lucky.

Model Y ordered 9/23 LR Red/Black 20" 7 seater. I received a VIN two days ago. On the website it shows details about Model Y changing to Tesla Vision and says "Accept and proceed with delivery". No one at Tesla has contacted me yet about setting up delivery. I wasn't expecting to get my delivered till June. Anyone else get the Tesla Vision message?
Wow that’s wild, you were bumped up so high in the queue. If you are in chrome, you can hit view page source and then find your vin using ctrl-F.

The 19" wheels seem to be a factor on EDD, I'm not sure there is a shortage of the Geminis or they're just not prioritized because the margin is lower, but I'd guess that's causing some of the later EDDs compared to others.
Geminis show in stock on the Tesla web page.

• Informative
Reactions: BTVev and DrGriz

View attachment 742746

Congrats!

I have the same configuration with OD 8/13. Where is MY car??? I was supposed to get my car around Christmas but since I'll be out of town, SA made a note and said the car will be ready when I'm back. Now EDD in June.

Last edited:
Geminis show in stock on the Tesla web page.

Yeah, it’s a winter package and not the typical stock tires, but I hear what you’re saying that maybe it’s not a factor. That being said if you were to order the same config with the inductions vs geminis it results in an estimated delivery of July vs November respectively, so at the very least it’s a factor on new orders.

But the EDD changes immediately if you keep the geminis but pick a paid color. Picking the free white and midnight silver puts you back(late 2022). But picking blue - black - red moves you up. (mid 2022)

Reactions: BTVev