Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Congrats!

I have the same configuration with OD 8/13. Where is MY car??? I was supposed to get my car around Christmas but since I'll be out of town, SA made a note and said the car will be ready when I'm back. Now EDD in June.

I'm willing to bet if the original customer for my car had been closer to Minnesota then you'd have gotten it and I'd still be waiting. 😔

But the EDD changes immediately if you keep the geminis but pick a paid color. Picking the free white and midnight silver puts you back(late 2022). But picking blue - black - red moves you up. (mid 2022)
Another good point, alas I may be wrong, just trying to make sense of this EDD weirdness. Someone posted a gif of a monkey slammed a keyboard randomly with a "Tesla assigning EDDs" caption. That's likely the correct answer. You and Carlos31820 have swayed me back to the chaos theory 😆.

Is it any surprise that they treat "more money" as "more priority", really?

It's a ****ing Musk company.

I have an alternate theory. Hear me out. What if they have production setup to rotate equally among the different configurations? Eg: 1.5 days a week for each paint color. From Tesla's perspective, they are treating all the colors equally regardless of price. From the customer's perspective, the high demand paint queues get longer and wait times increase. I suspect that my theory is correct at least for the paint because we continue to see vehicles of all paint colors being delivered at all times. We don't go days or weeks with one of the colors being unavailable. I am not sure if this theory holds true for bigger margin config differences like plaid, performance, etc. In that situation, we have seen cases where some configurations are not delivered for months at a time.

Reactions: BTVev
I have an alternate theory. Hear me out. What if they have production setup to rotate equally among the different configurations? Eg: 1.5 days a week for each paint color. From Tesla's perspective, they are treating all the colors equally regardless of price. From the customer's perspective, the high demand paint queues get longer and wait times increase. I suspect that my theory is correct at least for the paint because we continue to see vehicles of all paint colors being delivered at all times. We don't go days or weeks with one of the colors being unavailable. I am not sure if this theory holds true for bigger margin config differences like plaid, performance, etc. In that situation, we have seen cases where some configurations are not delivered for months at a time.
I agree with that, I think they do runs of the same paint color together. Seems more efficient. But instead of 1.5 days a week, maybe 3-4 days for each color. They release colors in bulk. Maybe.

Reactions: PatrickTM and BTVev
ontacted me yet about setting u
I agree with that, I think they do runs of the same paint color together. Seems more efficient. But instead of 1.5 days a week, maybe 3-4 days for each color. They release colors in bulk. Maybe.
We need a mole on the inside. Who volunteers to go work at Fremont? Lol

MY ordered back on October with EDD in March-April. Yesterday I received an email notification about not having a trade-in vehicle option so I logged in and noticed that my EDD was moved all the way up to December 15th. I ended up having to put it on hold since my BMW lease doesn't end until May. They ended up putting my hold until April which is the original date I wanted. I was tempted to take delivery but don't want to be making two car payments.

MY ordered back on October with EDD in March-April. Yesterday I received an email notification about not having a trade-in vehicle option so I logged in and noticed that my EDD was moved all the way up to December 15th. I ended up having to put it on hold since my BMW lease doesn't end until May. They ended up putting my hold until April which is the original date I wanted. I was tempted to take delivery but don't want to be making two car payments.
Sounds like someone else did not take delivery, and they were to give you their car.

Reactions: PatrickTM
Haha, I got a bit worried about that timeline. I ordered in Oct/Nov and got the front mats, but not the back. Jason is working to get the rest out in December from the response he sent me (and a recent email update to all pending delivery customers). They look great from the half order I've received!
Hey @BTVev I wanted to understand the way you put your order on hold. So the contract says when they notify you of the car being available (I am guessing this is when VIN is assigned), you have to go ahead and schedule pick up within 3 days, if not it goes down to someone else. It also says for new cars, if you do not take delivery within 30 days, they would cancel the order. Whats the 3 days for? Since you put on hold, I am guessing your VIN is given to someone else, is there a possibility you can get another VIN again say next week?

I just went from FEB/MAR to June
id be happy to trade orders. lol I was on hold until February 1 and got two vin numbers a
Sell you car to Vroom or Carmax and they will take over the lease payments and you may walk away with some cash as well. If they cant buy out the lease for sure BMW will be happy to end lease early and you just walk away. Two months ago we turned in my wife's Honda CRV lease to Carmax and not only did they end the lease and wipe out payments, she got a check for $4800 for the difference of their offer and the buy out. Oh, and she had 20 lease payments left and they still bought the car.

It has gone weeks for red and black.

Reactions: PatrickTM
Ordered MYLR white one white, 20 in, tow hitch on Nov 14th. Originally EDD of March 2- April 10th, changed to July yesterday. I saw some previous posts of potential retooling at Fremont for the new 3/Y updates, anyone know if there is any truth to that?
I ordered just before you, without the 20” wheels. Mine was always June until a few days ago. It’s now March 19 to April 16. Makes sense for Fremont to retool once Austin comes online. I prefer the retooled MY.