Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was considering doing it, but after driving this for almost a week, I will need to test drive a performance model to be able to appreciate the difference, because the LR is still super quick. I will say if they add track mode for the AB that may be the thing that sways me...as of now, I am probably 60 - 40 not getting it.
I was thinking about the performance boost too. Just picked up my MYLR with Gemini wheels on Sunday (you can find my note in on page 2190 of this forum). So far (but only three days of driving it) I'm not feeling the need for the boost. This thing pulls hard enough at any speed that you can still scare your passenger. There's a feeling of constant/instant thrust that you dont get in an ICE car. I suggest living with it a few weeks before deciding. If you've havent already installed a wall charger, you could pay for the that and install for usually less $$ than the performance boost, and that you'll get to use every day.

Lockett Tech guy bought it and did a review.

Reactions: theocguy
I was considering doing it, but after driving this for almost a week, I will need to test drive a performance model to be able to appreciate the difference, because the LR is still super quick. I will say if they add track mode for the AB that may be the thing that sways me...as of now, I am probably 60 - 40 not getting it.
They didnt have any Performance Boost models available when I went for a test drive. I don't know if they keep those in stock for test drives.

The Model Y Performance is way faster than the Long Range w/Performance Boost added, so driving a MYP wont give you an accurate feel for what you would experience with LongRange w/Boost.

I thinks the speeds to 60mph are: MYLR 4.8sec MYLR w/Boost 4.3 sec MYP 3.5 sec

They didnt have any Performance Boost models available when I went for a test drive. I don't know if they keep those in stock for test drives.

The Model Y Performance is way faster than the Long Range w/Performance Boost added, so driving a MYP wont give you an accurate feel for what you would experience with LongRange w/Boost.

I thinks the speeds to 60mph are: MYLR 4.8sec MYLR w/Boost 4.3 sec MYP 3.5 sec
The MYP 0-60 numbers are misleading as that is timed with a 1 foot rollout. Which shaves off .3-.4 seconds. Tesla states the LR 0-60 without the 1 foot rollout which makes the gap in performance seem larger. LR MY + acceleration boost with rollout can achieve a 3.9 second 0-60.

The MYP 0-60 numbers are misleading as that is timed with a 1 foot rollout. Which shaves off .3-.4 seconds. Tesla states the LR 0-60 without the 1 foot rollout which makes the gap in performance seem larger. LR MY + acceleration boost with rollout can achieve a 3.9 second 0-60.

Yea, this is what I have been going off, and why I felt test driving the MYP will give me an idea of whether I want to get closer to that acceleration or not. And to be perfectly honest, I do what to get close to that acceleration, it’s just do I really really want it, because there are a lot of other things I could do with that 2k…with the drop in stock prices I could almost get a 3 shares.

Reactions: PatrickTM
Yea, this is what I have been going off, and why I felt test driving the MYP will give me an idea of whether I want to get closer to that acceleration or not. And to be perfectly honest, I do what to get close to that acceleration, it’s just do I really really want it, because there are a lot of other things I could do with that 2k…with the drop in stock prices I could almost get a 3 shares.
I keep thinking that I want to do it but in the end, hell I have a Highlander now and the Cyber Truck I have on order will do it in 2.9 so why even wast the 2k

Ah, yes, of course!!!

I also plan on staying in this thread for a while. One, to pontificate thoughts and advice to those open enough to listen. You guys are my fake internet friends after all. And two, to share my delivery updates on my second Model Y, currently slated for some time in May.
Congratulations! I decided to peek in to see if you've finally taken delivery. I'm happy to see that you have. :)

Update on the Model Y, I have now discovered one defect. Fit and finish issue, as expected. Basically the rear side of the center console, faceplate of the rear air vent and USB ports, is not attached correctly on one side and works itself loose while driving. The driver side is secure, but the passenger side is not. Feels like it's missing some type of clip fastener or glue from the factory. Submitted a service request ticket, which I expect to be covered under warranty.

Attached a photo for reference, will update on my progress.

Attachments

• IMG_1629.jpeg
    IMG_1629.jpeg
    408.2 KB · Views: 100
  • IMG_1630.jpeg
    IMG_1630.jpeg
    409.5 KB · Views: 78
  • IMG_1631.jpeg
    IMG_1631.jpeg
    296.3 KB · Views: 84
Update on the Model Y, I have now discovered one defect. Fit and finish issue, as expected. Basically the rear side of the center console, faceplate of the rear air vent and USB ports, is not attached correctly on one side and works itself loose while driving. The driver side is secure, but the passenger side is not. Feels like it's missing some type of clip fastener or glue from the factory. Submitted a service request ticket, which I expect to be covered under warranty.

Attached a photo for reference, will update on my progress.
Can you tell if there's a clip or something missing, Patrick? Seems like something you could just snap back into place.

Can you tell if there's a clip or something missing, Patrick? Seems like something you could just snap back into place.
Hard to tell if there's a clip missing, but it sure feels like it.

I pushed it back into place, but drive a couple of miles and it'll loosen right back up. It never "snaps" into place, rather it's always able to be moved - which leads me to believe it's defective. The driver side is solid, and I mean really SOLIDLY glued or otherwise secured in place. But the passenger side always remains loose whether it's fully pushed in or not.

I was offered a mobile service appointment, they just confirmed address with me this morning. Hopefully they can glue/fasten it under warranty, because I'd really hate to see them replace the entire rear component of the center console altogether. The car is one week old, tossing it would be tremendously wasteful.

Brand new here, just registered. OD 10/01/21. EDD March 11-31. Outside loan through a credit union (still confused on how this will work with delivery and needing complete payment when bank needs MVPA...). I'm young and learning!
  • MYLR AWD.
  • White.
  • 20" wheels.
  • B&W Interior, 5 seats
  • Autopilot included
This is my first big purchase. Currently driving a 20 year old Kia Optima so saying I'm excited is probably an understatement!
Met with my SA yesterday. It was supposed to be an orientation of sorts and test drive but I didn't need/want to test drive a M3 so it turned into a Q&A and confirmation that I should be on track with my current EDD of March 11-31. The SA in Fresno was super nice and very helpful. Fingers crossed he was right about the EDD.

Reactions: USC1996
That’s crazy. Wonder why it’s taking so long for a July order? Especially when you live near the factory.
I believe it is the profile completion date. Looks like it was October which is when the order was placed in queue. So the EDD time seems to go along with other October orders.

Met with my SA yesterday. It was supposed to be an orientation of sorts and test drive but I didn't need/want to test drive a M3 so it turned into a Q&A and confirmation that I should be on track with my current EDD of March 11-31. The SA in Fresno was super nice and very helpful. Fingers crossed he was right about the EDD.
Hoping that your date staying the same. My order is similar to yours except I have tow, and my EDD is 3/12-3/31 and it's been staying there while I am seeing a lot of other orders EDD jumping around. I hope that this date stays if not then I need to find an alternative transportation soon. Looking back at my Edd, it looks like mine changed at the beginning of every month, so hoping that at the beginning of March, it stays the same.🤞

Does anyone know what happens when your trade-in expires? Do you get an email or notification? Or do you just have to go in and update the mileage yourself?
I have never gotten an email when it expires. I usually find out when my EDD gets pushed to the end of the line , I then go and enter the mileage and in a couple weeks the EDD will move back somewhere

Hard to tell if there's a clip missing, but it sure feels like it.

I pushed it back into place, but drive a couple of miles and it'll loosen right back up. It never "snaps" into place, rather it's always able to be moved - which leads me to believe it's defective. The driver side is solid, and I mean really SOLIDLY glued or otherwise secured in place. But the passenger side always remains loose whether it's fully pushed in or not.

I was offered a mobile service appointment, they just confirmed address with me this morning. Hopefully they can glue/fasten it under warranty, because I'd really hate to see them replace the entire rear component of the center console altogether. The car is one week old, tossing it would be tremendously wasteful.
It is held in with clips in both sides. At least it should be. I know this because under that trim piece lies a plug that can be tapped to get an OBD plug for use with scanmytesla / tea-lax scan tools :) the clips are pretty fiddly.

• Informative
It is held in with clips in both sides. At least it should be. I know this because under that trim piece lies a plug that can be tapped to get an OBD plug for use with scanmytesla / tea-lax scan tools :) the clips are pretty fiddly.
Aha! Bingo. Thank you for that info, so it should be a very easy fix for the mobile service technician. They must carry extra trim clips.

Reactions: boingolover
Aha! Bingo. Thank you for that info, so it should be a very easy fix for the mobile service technician. They must carry extra trim clips.
It will probably take them all of 5 minutes. It's possible the clips are present, they friction fit against tabs on the trim piece itself, and the clips then fit into slots in the console. But it has to be lined up in just one way, and it's a lot easier to see if you pop both sides loose and look at how it's made. I am not encouraging you to do this, because Tesla should make it right, but depending on how far out your service appointment is and how impatient you are, I suspect there's at least a chance all the clips are there. Assuming that's true, it's probably just a matter of getting the pieces lined up and pushing them into place.