Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Customers in 1-week grace period

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I repriced my just delivered 90D and there was no material price change, particularly if you factor in the HPWC and/or dual chargers vs 78a charger (nice for destination charging). I think the "price increase" is a smoke screen to convince recent buyers that they got a deal.

My car on order from last Saturday is exactly $1500 more expensive when configured exactly the same as the one now available.

Called tesla about the trim options and was told piano black is not available, to get the new trims I'd have to accept the new prices. Looks like the only option is one of the cost adder trims, this might simply be the result of those being the only trims in common with the available ones and tesla holding back the new trims as a matter of principle.

Looks like anyone in the holding period is only really going to save 750 at most and potentially 500, if they pick the most expensive trim.

Not complaining but it's a little unnerving not to know what the config is going to be until the build is locked in, or why some trims aren't available without calling.

I don't think that is the case. My DS confirmed that I would get the dark ash trim in place of the piano black as the no cost option.

I have a pending order that confirms tomorrow. I still see the old Model s configuration on design studio. I spoke to my DS and he's trying to get Tesla HQ switch my profile to new one but hasn't happened. Are you guys seeing the new version on mytesla?
And does the 7 day grace period last till the midnight of day 7? Trying to weigh in some last minute changes.

I ordered on Saturday and until this morning My Tesla showed the old model.
I did get an email Tuesday confirming I would get the new look.
It still shows the old trim options and the old name for the Premium package.

Mine hasn't started production. Today is the last day to confirm. But that's what my DS said was going to happen to my order. In any case, I doubt they can switch my no cost trim to one of the paid trims and charge me more than I agreed to.

I'm in a very similar time range -- my order confirms Saturday. The picture in My Tesla shows the updated front, but the options are the previous set, minus Piano Black. Nonetheless, Telsa told me I'd get Piano Black. Which is fine with me -- I like it better than any of the options, new or old.

I'm in a very similar time range -- my order confirms Saturday. The picture in My Tesla shows the updated front, but the options are the previous set, minus Piano Black. Nonetheless, Telsa told me I'd get Piano Black. Which is fine with me -- I like it better than any of the options, new or old.
Mine was showing up that way for a day but now the new packages show up and the price reflects $1500 less than the new price book.

Called tesla about the trim options and was told piano black is not available, to get the new trims I'd have to accept the new prices. Looks like the only option is one of the cost adder trims, this might simply be the result of those being the only trims in common with the available ones and tesla holding back the new trims as a matter of principle.

Looks like anyone in the holding period is only really going to save 750 at most and potentially 500, if they pick the most expensive trim.

Not complaining but it's a little unnerving not to know what the config is going to be until the build is locked in, or why some trims aren't available without calling.
My service rep told me last week that dark ash is standard for those who had piano black. I think I have it in email

While I have no evidence, I find it highly unlikely, due to cost, Tesla would do that. Surely they have been running down their supply of Piano Black these last few weeks.
Even more unlikely since there is no reason to believe that Dark Ash cost more than Piano Black.
Check back in when you pick up your car please Neil.

MyTesla currently shows everything per the refresh except for the interior decor which shows only three unselected options. Since my price hasn't changed, I hope to retain the piano black which I ordered but dark ash is fine too. I CANT WAIT TO WAKE UP TOMORROW AND BE CONFIRMED!

Attachments

• Tesla Interior Capture.PNG
    Tesla Interior Capture.PNG
    630.5 KB · Views: 88
MyTesla currently shows everything per the refresh except for the interior decor which shows only three unselected options. Since my price hasn't changed, I hope to retain the piano black which I ordered but dark ash is fine too. I CANT WAIT TO WAKE UP TOMORROW AND BE CONFIRMED!

You ordered last Saturday as well?
I expected my order to confirm at the stroke of midnight of Friday going into Saturday. Then I thought maybe they do it exactly when you ordered it. Then I guessed it would be midnight.
Woke up a little after midnight and checked. Still not confirmed, then I realized, oh it's gonna be midnight in California.
Woke up and saw my email from 3:17 AM.
What a difference from the regular dealer experience.
"What would it take to get you in this car today". A typical dealer doesn't want you walking out without signing paperwork.
Tesla lets you actually think about it.
Before the test drive I was actually still having a hard time pulling the trigger on buying such an expensive car.
But after the drive we ordered ours in the showroom and waited this past week.
Not one time in this last week have I even considered cancelling.

My mate and I both ordered at the same time last Saturday. Both orders are now confirmed and he has already received his VIN. I chose to delay my delivery since I'm not in any rush and hope a few more features that are currently available on the X are added to the S over the coming months.

HA HA MSullivan from New England, just like a little kid on Christmas! Yes, I ordered last Saturday, was confirmed right behind you at 3:27 and VINed at 6:00. No cancellation thoughts "evah" but I did waffle considerably on wheels.

Nice strategy MorrisonHiker, but an innovative manufacturer of anything will always be enhancing their products. Don't deprive yourself of the big grinned experience too long.

Tesla just told me that the new standard 48 amp charge (vs 40 amps on old one) will NOT be upgraded for free. That I should talk with sales rep to see what it would cost to get that added.

Has anyone else heard anything regarding chargers being upgraded for free or not?
If you had to pay extra for the 48A charger I'd just take the 40A ones. Sources in the wild of 48A+ EVSEs are rare anyway and not a huge difference between 40 and 48A. If you want to upgrade to the 72A that could mean the difference of a few hours on a road trip at a HPWC.

I'm on my last day to cancel before the refresh prices kick in. I test drove a MS yesterday, and it was great. But my intent is to get a loaded M3, and sell the MS when that comes out. Guarantees I get the tax credit now (although lost sales tax eats a lot of that up). I'm still on the fence if this is a wise move or not. I'd just be getting a base MS, white, AP and leather. Nothing else. I'm just worried about resale value when the M3 comes out.