Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cybertruck announce prices may actually happen

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I thought the S and X were the high end vehicles.... don't count Elon out. He wants to push out as many electric vehicles as possible. People have "lost" money by misjudging Elon. Don't repeat those same mistakes.
It’s impossible to try to figure out Musk 🤦🏻 The most unstable car brand pricing ever! Doesn’t matter when you buy a Tesla, the future value, trade in or resale, won’t be good. Elon doesn’t care about protecting the Tesla brand name at all..🤷🏻‍♂️

It’s impossible to try to figure out Musk 🤦🏻 The most unstable car brand pricing ever! Doesn’t matter when you buy a Tesla, the future value, trade in or resale, won’t be good. Elon doesn’t care about protecting the Tesla brand name at all..🤷🏻‍♂️
Really? I know it was a COVID price bubble but I sold a 2019 M3 with 29,000 miles on it for $5,000 more than I paid for it new from Tesla. Lots of similar stories so putting a blanket statement saying it is impossible is just ignoring the recent past and saying it can never happen again.

I agree that it is impossible to figure out Musk and to never believe any numbers presented pre production (see battery day). Setting expectations for prices 3 years before production is bound to lead to unhappy customers at the expense of higher share prices based on expectations and (false) demand.

Really? I know it was a COVID price bubble but I sold a 2019 M3 with 29,000 miles on it for $5,000 more than I paid for it new from Tesla. Lots of similar stories so putting a blanket statement saying it is impossible is just ignoring the recent past and saying it can never happen again.

I agree that it is impossible to figure out Musk and to never believe any numbers presented pre production (see battery day). Setting expectations for prices 3 years before production is bound to lead to unhappy customers at the expense of higher share prices based on expectations and (false) demand.
If one was buying a Tesla after the COVID bubble; Prices were still at a normal high.

I think the crazy lower prices is do more do to the competition; BYD in particular is doing a number on Tesla in China and soon coming here in the U.S.

M3’s are now competing with Camry’s 😲🤣

Reactions: vickh
If one was buying a Tesla after the COVID bubble; Prices were still at a normal high.

I think the crazy lower prices is do more do to the competition; BYD in particular is doing a number on Tesla in China and soon coming here in the U.S.

M3’s are now competing with Camry’s 😲🤣
How many Chinese cars are currently sold in the US? None last I checked.

Reactions: Hank42 and lowtek
So is the current reservation holders are price protected?

No BUT ....
Cybertruck is Here​
And your reservation is in the queue. While you await delivery of your Cybertruck, get $1,000 off the lease or purchase price of a new Tesla.* Place your new order by December 31, 2023, to qualify.​

A NEW order would be needed. Q is whether I can also do a referral for my new Y??

I have a different take on Tesla honoring pre-order pricing. Remember, Tesla took off the prices from the pre-order site months after the initial reveal. I suspect those that pre-ordered before the prices were taken off will get the reveal pricing. All the rest will get market pricing.

I pre-ordered a Y and still had the original pricing honored even though I later added a tow hitch to my order via the SC (after price increases had already started) and delayed delivery once. In fact they honored the original pricing, while offering me a showroom display model with under 50 mi with a 1.9k discount a few months after I asked to be put back in the queue.

How many Chinese cars are currently sold in the US? None last I checked.
Nor will there be any time soon, given the 25% tariff on Chinese-made vehicles imposed by the Trump administration and the current political appetite to further increase them.

Reactions: Yelobird