Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cybertruck announce prices may actually happen

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
THey will start with the most expensive TRI-Motor with the price AT LEAST 79,900 GUARANTEED - why? Because Tesla knows how to make a profit and take advantage of the fed tax credit that caps at 80K.
Right, good things come to those....

If inflation is brought under control I see the Elon honoring the 40K SR price like he did with SR 3 with tax credits

Funny I saw a TV show Ford guy giving TSLA a hard time about not producing any on time VS F150. They don't know TSLA time, also they're busy delivering cars for now ;)

Even then, it's going to have a tough road ahead of them.
Even if actual sales are 1/10th of the number of reservations (~1.5M IIRC), Tesla will have ~1/4 of Ford’s ‘22 truck sales; 650k. Take away Ford fleet sales and add non-reservation CT sales, and the estimated CT sales is even more impressive. Tesla will be busy; good problem to have.

I still think you will see a DM at just under $80k. Included features, Air suspension, 4 Wheel steering, vault cover.
Look at it this way a base S is $83k and does not have 4 wheel steering but it does have air suspension.

I think people talking about $100K+ for a vehicle that was designed to be significant cheaper to produce than the current lineup might be a little coo coo. As prices are taking a massive dump, the economy slows down, the massive glut of Tesla vehicles not being sold, I’d bet actual prices will be close to announce prices.

Reactions: cusetownusa
Does anyone know if the $7500 EV credit is based solely on the base MSRP price or on final price? E.g. starting with a $79k base but adding fsd and paint would increase the total to way more than $80k.
It's the vehicle price at the time of delivery. So options, not including software or accessories, could make it go over the cap.

The government released a new list of qualifying vehicles and the CT wasn't listed. No 2024 Teslas were, so it's probably nothing.

Here are the eligible vehicles:

2022-2023 Chrysler Pacifica PHEV

2022-2023 Jeep Wrangler PHEV 4xe

2022-2023 Jeep Grand Cherokee PHEV 4xe

2022-2023 Ford F-150 Lightning (standard and extended range)

2022 Ford e-Transit

2022-2023 Ford Mustang Mach-E (standard and extended range)

2022 Ford Escape Plug-in Hybrid

2022 Lincoln Corsair Grand Touring

2023 Lincoln Aviator Grand Touring

2022-2023 Chevrolet Bolt

2022-2023 Chevrolet Bolt EUV

2023-2024 Cadillac LYRIQ

2024 Chevrolet Silverado EV

2024 Chevrolet Blazer EV

2024 Chevrolet Equinox EV

2022-2023 Tesla Model 3 Standard Range RWD

2022-2023 Tesla Model 3 Performance

2022-2023 Tesla Model Y AWD

2022-2023 Tesla Model Y Long Range AWD

2022 Tesla Model Y Performance

I think people talking about $100K+ for a vehicle that was designed to be significant cheaper to produce than the current lineup might be a little coo coo. As prices are taking a massive dump, the economy slows down, the massive glut of Tesla vehicles not being sold, I’d bet actual prices will be close to announce prices.
The Orginal truck did not have 4 wheel steering and the included vault cover, nor did a 4 motor version exist…. A lot has changed since original pricing. It will easily be priced $10-15k more than the Y for the lowest rim.

I think the 4 motor version will be over $100k and the dual motor version will be closer to $65k.

Reactions: Cal1
Did anyone see this during the earnings call?

That's what I've been saying for a while now. They will deliver a few hand-built models to board members, insiders, and some influencers in 2023. Regular people won't see them until 2024.

Back to OP question "will Cybertruck announce prices may actually happen"

I think Yes if you factor in tax credits. So SR at ~$48K (similar to MY pricing)
It was a statement, not a question. My statement is based on announced prices relative to the Y LR at the time. With more recent price cuts (Y LR is now 50k), I feel more strongly the DM CT will be under 60k before tax credits and hope it’ll actually be ~50k (before credits) like announced. Well, as long as the reduced prices hold until the CT release. 😁

Reactions: vickh
It was a statement, not a question. My statement is based on announced prices relative to the Y LR at the time. With more recent price cuts (Y LR is now 50k), I feel more strongly the DM CT will be under 60k before tax credits and hope it’ll actually be ~50k (before credits) like announced. Well, as long as the reduced prices hold until the CT release. 😁
Why is Tesla selling CT at a lower price than the market will pay?

To date Tesla has priced to set demand to meet their production goal.

Reactions: Eric9610