Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cybertruck announce prices may actually happen

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My Cybertruck reservation (June 2020 - RN113503329) for the old tri-motor version means there are about 650k reservations ahead of me if I remember correctly. Say half of the people ahead of me reserved either the single or dual motor versions (lower production priority), or many people just cancel their reservation outright, then around 325,000 CTs will have to be built before delivery of mine.

Assuming the full-scale production projections posted here are reasonably accurate, then my truck won’t be delivered until maybe the Spring of 2026.

As a result, I simply can‘t wait that long and will likely cancel my reservation soon & put in a reservation for a Rivian R1T with the standard battery pack & dual motor configuration. That will get me below the $80,000 tax credit threshold, saving me $7500 and getting my new EV truck faster.

Sorry Elon.

My Cybertruck reservation (June 2020 - RN113503329) for the old tri-motor version means there are about 650k reservations ahead of me if I remember correctly. Say half of the people ahead of me reserved either the single or dual motor versions (lower production priority), or many people just cancel their reservation outright, then around 325,000 CTs will have to be built before delivery of mine.

Assuming the full-scale production projections posted here are reasonably accurate, then my truck won’t be delivered until maybe the Spring of 2026.

As a result, I simply can‘t wait that long and will likely cancel my reservation soon & put in a reservation for a Rivian R1T with the standard battery pack & dual motor configuration. That will get me below the $80,000 tax credit threshold, saving me $7500 and getting my new EV truck faster.

Sorry Elon.
I would not expect a Rivian much faster as the dual motor version is not expected to enter production till late this year... I actually canceled my Rivian order after realizing i would not get the truck till 2025 at the earliest.

Related to the CT you should keep your order as you don't know everyone's financial position and just because they have X orders on the books doesn't mean they will become actual purchases.

Reactions: cusetownusa
Single motor Y hasn’t come out, so I wouldn’t be surprised if the SM CT gets dropped.
I think the difference here though is to compete with the base model F-150 they need it and in reality if it got 225-250miles of range a lot of people would buy as work truck.

In reality though if the price on the dual motor is low enough, they don't need the RWD.

I’ve kind of resigned my self to probably getting a used Lightning when the prices come down before I get my CT. Just have no faith that it will even start production this year. Fortunately (for my Impatience) Lightning prices have not started to really fall.

I hope to have the strength to wait until CT specs/prices/features are fully disclosed this summer. Even then it will depend on how the ramp goes.

Reactions: Hank42 and Eric9610
I think the difference here though is to compete with the base model F-150 they need it and in reality if it got 225-250miles of range a lot of people would buy as work truck.

In reality though if the price on the dual motor is low enough, they don't need the RWD.

The problem is Tesla won’t be able to compete with the Base Lightning, it’s mostly for fleet sales and they are all dual motor.

Maybe Border Patrol will purchase some, maybe not.

Reactions: Eric9610
One can dream . It does say FSD price is fixed:

cybertruck-fully-refundable-info-jpg.776243

Reactions: Eric9610
Single motor Y hasn’t come out, so I wouldn’t be surprised if the SM CT gets dropped.
RWD MY is available in many markets for years already. Not available in the US, yet. When the time comes that Tesla has caught up with demand in North America, and needs to pull demand levers to sell more vehicles, the RWD MY and RWD Cybertruck are obvious choices.

GSP

Reactions: cusetownusa