Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CyberTruck (CT) waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looks like six people taking delivery at Lynnwood, WA are about to get their trucks. They are sitting at Tesla’s off site lot.
IMG_5803.jpeg
IMG_5802.jpeg

Isn’t there only one Foundation Series configuration? Confused by threads about Dual and Tri waiting rooms. I never expected to be able to get one (and $100k is $27.5k higher than $80k version w/tax rebate) so I hadn’t thought much about it. Now with the special offer for long-term shareholders, need to look into it.

Isn’t there only one Foundation Series configuration? Confused by threads about Dual and Tri waiting rooms. I never expected to be able to get one (and $100k is $27.5k higher than $80k version w/tax rebate) so I hadn’t thought much about it. Now with the special offer for long-term shareholders, need to look into it.
No.

There's the AWD (dual) for $100k and the Cyberbeast (tri) for $120k. The AWD has been a majority of the reservations and have a shorter delivery window.

What special offer?

So I just got the email to order my cybertruck but don't want foundation series... what's the process to hold off until the normal versions ship without cancelling my order entirely? Service and sales phone nobody answers and the order page has no option to hold off on foundation series.
Just ignore the invite. Once the production run of Foundation Series is over, regular CT invites will go out. I got this straight from Tesla today.

Reactions: groovyd and Kobe8
If I ordered around the time of unveil (and punting the Foundation series), roughly when can I expect to take delivery?

I know this is a very speculative question, but genuinely curious

They will soon have asked everyone if they want to pay more than the original promised price so if you want to pay more, you will soon get it. Then they will iteratively lower the price (look at Model S/X price history) until demand and supply balance each other out. Perhaps they will leave out the founders enscription to prevent first batch price erosion and maybe they will come up with a new scarcity gimmick to retain the price of the next batch, and so on.

The aftermath

So basically not much wrong after purposely and for fun driving several times through water as high as to the bottom of the windshield. A couple trim pieces came loose, a set of buttons to open/close cover and tailgate no longer working but both can still be opened and closed via APP, and some water trapped and sloshing around somewhere.

Good info for those living on the coasts when sea levels rise, or those in any areas that unfortunately experience flooding - they will be able to escape in their CTs through quite deep water unlike virtually every other vehicle that’s not a boat.

Looks like they are really pumping them out at the factory. Joe T estimated there were 300 to 400 CTs on the Austin lots. We'll see if the increased production rate of the Foundation Series is sustainable. I wouldn't be surprised if Elon pulled a fast one and dropped Foundations Series pricing by $5k and then $10k before building standard CTs.

Looks like they are really pumping them out at the factory. Joe T estimated there were 300 to 400 CTs on the Austin lots. We'll see if the increased production rate of the Foundation Series is sustainable. I wouldn't be surprised if Elon pulled a fast one and dropped Foundations Series pricing by $5k and then $10k before building standard CTs.

Every time they drop price they should give it a new designation to give even the impression of preserving resale value.

Reactions: SteveO332