Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cybertruck is a scam.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Which vehicle is closer to getting it's rated range the Cybertruck or the Lightning? I wonder if he will trade his Truck in for the Cybertruck, It seems that the biggest complaints on the Cybertruck are the Headlights and range.
Rivian R1T, that's the closest (by far). I routinely hit or exceed EPA on mine. Can't say that for the 3, Y or Plaid we own.

What’s this I hear that Elon Musk said they could dramatically raise the price of the Cybertruck?

I told you, he knows you will pay whatever he wants you to pay. Goodbye RWD, Goodbye $80k AWD. You wouldn’t listen, and now those still waiting on their Non-FS will be forced to spend 6 figures lol….

Did he also say what matters is monthly payments?

Last edited:
What’s this I hear that Elon Musk said they could dramatically raise the price of the Cybertruck?

I told you, he knows you will pay whatever he wants you to pay. Goodbye RWD, Goodbye $80k AWD. You wouldn’t listen, and now those still waiting on their Non-FS will be forced to spend 6 figures lol….

To each…. 🤣🥂

Reactions: TessP100D
Damnnn.... dem monthly payments are getting serious then. Cyberbeast with 5yr loan and 10% down is over $2,000/month right now. That was a mortgage payment not too long ago...

But yeah, I could see our dear leader raising the price of the CT (all models for that matter) to meet potentially falling interest rates. But still what market, other than rich kids, is a $1,500-$2,000/mon car payment for? No fleet, no towing, no conversions, etc...

Wow I’m not sure why it would crack. I’ve had three MS’s since 2013 and never had a windshield crack. Was this on your MS? Guess you must have had this happen before on your other Teslas. Sorry you’ve got to deal with this.
It cracked because the owner didn’t repair a large/deep enough rock chip…. Same for all vehicle windshields. If the OP would have had it (rock chip) repaired/filled with resin this wouldn’t have happened. I always take a look at my windshield after hearing something hit it while driving… if It’s noticeable to the eye or I can feel it with my nail it needs to be fixed ASAP… it will crack with any temp changes (hot day outside or using defrost). Most insurance will cover for free and it can be repaired in 15 mins. I just did this on drive in PA… called local safe light and they said just drive up without an appointment.

Last edited:
It cracked because the owner didn’t repair a large/deep enough rock chip…. Same for all vehicle windshields. If the OP would have had it (rock chip) repaired/filled with resin this wouldn’t have happened. I always take a look at my windshield after hearing something hit my windshield… if It’s noticeable to the eye it can feel it with your nail it needs to be fixed… most insurance can repair 15 mins for free (insurance covers).
well now that you're really speculating

here's the TMC chat about it: Defroster cracked windshield on ‘19 model S

here's the reddit chat about it:
And when under warranty, Tesla was covering this type of crack in older Model S. Since they didn't bother to taper the black enamel to fully diffuse the heat in cases like this.

Reactions: TessP100D
well now that you're really speculating

here's the TMC chat about it: Defroster cracked windshield on ‘19 model S

here's the reddit chat about it:
And when under warranty, Tesla was covering this type of crack in older Model S. Since they didn't bother to taper the black enamel to fully diffuse the heat in cases like this.
This is nothing new… chips turn into cracks if they aren’t filled properly prior to temp swings (natural or man made). Not sure of older Model S glass…

Once the word gets out (from new early adopter FE owners), that this thing is a turd on so many levels, demand will fall off quickly. Who would want to pay $120k for a "polished turd"? Only Elon worshipers and Tesla "mind-blowing" devotionalists.
“In the recent TSLA earnings call, Tesla executives shared that Cybertruck 2024 builds will be sold out soon. The comment hints at Tesla’s progress with its Cybertruck production ramp.

At the recent earnings call, a few TSLA investor questions centered around the Tesla Cybertruck and its production.

Retail investor Nermin S. asked about the Cybertruck order and the queue for the all-electric pickup. The investor also asked about Tesla’s timeframe for fulfilling existing orders.

“First of all, I want to thank all the Cybertruck reservation holders for their patience. The reservation-to-order conversion rate so far has been very encouraging. If the trend continues [as it very likely will] we will soon [sell] out all the builds in 2024. And also, you know, we have new orders coming after the launch.”

Tesla Cybertruck 2024 production builds to be sold out soon — TESLARATI

“In the recent TSLA earnings call, Tesla executives shared that Cybertruck 2024 builds will be sold out soon. The comment hints at Tesla’s progress with its Cybertruck production ramp.

At the recent earnings call, a few TSLA investor questions centered around the Tesla Cybertruck and its production.

Retail investor Nermin S. asked about the Cybertruck order and the queue for the all-electric pickup. The investor also asked about Tesla’s timeframe for fulfilling existing orders.

“First of all, I want to thank all the Cybertruck reservation holders for their patience. The reservation-to-order conversion rate so far has been very encouraging. If the trend continues [as it very likely will] we will soon [sell] out all the builds in 2024. And also, you know, we have new orders coming after the launch.”

That means that a small amount of CTs will be delivered this year, if true. Smaller than many predicted.

*warranty claim*

not your $ = problem if there's a failure.
Other than the fact that you lose access to the F150L for, on average, a month or more, while the dealership struggles to get parts for repair - meanwhile the vehicle is dead in the water - and not every dealership will pony up a loaner when this problem occurs. Sure it's covered under warranty, but that's not the whole story - to say nothing of the loss in confidence in BEVs overall for many once something this serious occurs. I realize there are lemons for all brands, but this issue seems overly prevalent for the F150L especially when compared to the number of F150Ls on the road compared to Tesla. If Tesla batteries had this type of failure rate - it would be all over the news and the brand would suffer significantly.

Reactions: Suns_PSD

That's funny.... 😆

They have reported in the past of having "millions of pre-orders" and "many years of backlog". Today, they can produce about 500 CTs per week (on a good week), I've read (Sandy Munro data point?).

So, for 2024 the total production will be between 26,000 and "X". Let's give them the benefit of a decent production ramp later this year and call "X" 50,000. If Elon is saying, on one hand, that Tesla has, "millions of pre-orders and years of backlog," and yet can only produce upwards of 50,000 CTs in 2024, how come they are not already sold out for 2024? o_O Hint: Of those millions of pre-orders, they have not yet converted 26k-X over to early adopter, high priced Founder's Edition's...

As of today, they say, "we expect 2024 builds to sell out," which means they have not yet converted 26,000-50,000 of those "millions of pre-orders", right?! 🤣 🍻

Sounds like another Elon wet dream. The hard deck for the CT $7500 tax credit is $80k. Time will tell how much interest there really is once the non-foundation series gets ramped up. And it seems TSLA is in no hurry to find out.

Sounds like another Elon wet dream. The hard deck for the CT $7500 tax credit is $80k. Time will tell how much interest there really is once the non-foundation series gets ramped up. And it seems TSLA is in no hurry to find out.
I don't think it's a mistake that Tesla didn't submit any CTs that would qualify for the tax credit in 2024.