Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cybertruck walk around, and size comparison to MY

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
if i recall it correctly the Cybertruck is just a few inches *shorter* than the most popular F150 config with short bed. That truck *barely* fits into a residential garage... if you are used to park a S/3/X/Y into your garage - the Cybertruck will be a fun challenge. especially with no USS
Yea, it's a truck, not a mini van. My Raptor was a lot bigger, it fit no problem.

Next to that Y looks more like a mini van (or crossover) than a raptor.
exactly this. especially from behind. the stubby short front with a mini frunk also doesnt make for an impressive appearance whereas Ford kept the front but brilliantly made it into one gigantic frunk. if the rumored pricing/range is true - while Ford is adding Tesla charging starting next year to the Lightning (and you can now pick up an AWD Lightning with 320 miles EPA for $72k at dealers and under msrp)... not sure which one I'd pick.

Reactions: coleAK
I think it is smart to make it smaller. It has so many impracticalities (high sides, no door handles, it is low, air suspension, screens, almost everything as relates to the bed,…) as compared to all other full size 1/2 ton trucks.

Makes sense to me as more of a ridge line, maverick, Santa cruz competitor.

Reactions: ChooseFreedom
Good stuff. It really does appear to be quite small which I'm okay with--more like a ridgeline or something.
if i recall it correctly the Cybertruck is just a few inches *shorter* than the most popular F150 config with short bed. That truck *barely* fits into a residential garage... if you are used to park a S/3/X/Y into your garage - the Cybertruck will be a fun challenge. especially with no USS
Although my daughter hit our garage (coming out), possibly due to lack of USS, it's actually not a problem in a garage if you're going straight in/out. I have hanging balls (don't say a word) for two of the three vehicles I park in the garage and they allow for perfect positioning honestly.

I'm interested in seeing the Door Stickers. I don't see how Tesla keeps the 3500 payload capacity across both the Dual and Tri Motor Trucks with optioned out Trucks.

Me, neither. 3500 seems extremely, uh, optimistic.

The suspension is down in this video ... it definitely looks smaller ... also we've now seen two different size tire/wheel setups ...
The suspension can be raised up pretty significantly, but it's unknown if it's like the S/X where it can only be at the highest setting until 15 mph and the next highest until 35mph. I really doubt it, being a truck, but I also doubt they allow highest at highway speeds.

Elon already said they shortened it to fit into garages. It's less than 19' and that was removed from the front/frunk and the cabin. This confirms that the cab will be smaller than the F150 as it is longer with a 6"-7" shorter bed and roughly the same distance from the front of the truck to the steering wheel.

Edit: The interior of the F150 is absolutely massive. I loved it with kids and a car seat, but it's not necessary for most. I bet it's about the same as the Rivian interior.

Reactions: texas_star_TM3
The suspension can be raised up pretty significantly, but it's unknown if it's like the S/X where it can only be at the highest setting until 15 mph and the next highest until 35mph. I really doubt it, being a truck, but I also doubt they allow highest at highway speeds.

Elon already said they shortened it to fit into garages. It's less than 19' and that was removed from the front/frunk and the cabin. This confirms that the cab will be smaller than the F150 as it is longer with a 6"-7" shorter bed and roughly the same distance from the front of the truck to the steering wheel.

Edit: The interior of the F150 is absolutely massive. I loved it with kids and a car seat, but it's not necessary for most. I bet it's about the same as the Rivian interior.
yeah. the F150 is just a few inches too long for me to comfortably park in my garage and the massive space inside isn't needed for myself and the wife. With 2 kids sure - but we don't have kids. If i had to go for an EV truck it would probably be the Rivian due to size and interior design.