Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cybertruck

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I can handle it a couple of times but over and over just plain hurts.

There will be no archaic fight to the death on the field of honor for any Cybertruck -- at least not until we start seeing face-offs and competition between different trucks.

DUAL = 2
DUEL = ritual fight to the death to defend one's honor.

5qnbif.jpg

• Funny
Reactions: henderrj
...could care less about a 3 second tri motor CT, just want the range.
Same here... I reserved the tri-motor for the range as well. We have a place in upstate NY which is 160mi each way from our home on LI. I'd love to be able to make it there and back without having to stop and charge. If they offered a dual-motor version with the max battery I would have reserved that not the tri-motor version.

Reactions: TessP100D
Same here... I reserved the tri-motor for the range as well. We have a place in upstate NY which is 160mi each way from our home on LI. I'd love to be able to make it there and back without having to stop and charge. If they offered a dual-motor version with the max battery I would have reserved that not the tri-motor version.
I think most people are on this same page. When I first saw the configs I was pretty frustrated about the big cost jump to get 500 miles range and that it was tied to tri-motor.

After thinking about it, the biggest part of that cost increase is almost certainly the batteries. The 3 Second 0-60 is likely just a grand or two added. I suspect if given the choice between a $67,000 dual motor and a $70,000 tri motor I’d take the tri motor anyhow. I wonder if the reason they didn’t make a dual motor 500 mile version is because they didn’t want a more expensive truck with worse performance.

I think most people are on this same page. When I first saw the configs I was pretty frustrated about the big cost jump to get 500 miles range and that it was tied to tri-motor.

After thinking about it, the biggest part of that cost increase is almost certainly the batteries. The 3 Second 0-60 is likely just a grand or two added. I suspect if given the choice between a $67,000 dual motor and a $70,000 tri motor I’d take the tri motor anyhow. I wonder if the reason they didn’t make a dual motor 500 mile version is because they didn’t want a more expensive truck with worse performance.
Well said.

Tesla: I'm going to create an aerodynamic and light weight pick-up truck.
Everyone else: Naaaaahhhh! Aerodynamic as a brick and we'll make it super heavy.

Rivian R1T is supposed to get around 400 miles with 180 KWh of batteries (or thereabout). The CT would require at least 200 KWh to get 500 miles. That's probably at least $25K in costs alone.

Rivian R1T is supposed to get around 400 miles with 180 KWh of batteries (or thereabout). The CT would require at least 200 KWh to get 500 miles. That's probably at least $25K in costs alone.
The 4680 cells are supposed to be a lot more cost effective than the older 2170 cells. On battery day they suggested 54% less expensivel. How much savings they actually get remains to be seen. Recent estimate of battery costs for a Tesla was $168/ kWh. If they cut that in half it would be about $84/ kWh or about $17,000.

These savings on batteries are one of the ways Tesla are going to smash the competition.

Reactions: Bridor