Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cybrtrk RN #

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
RN1127441XX @ approximately 8:30 (3 motor). In all the chaos and not getting any order confirmations, I tried 4 times but was unsure any got through. Apparently two did as I ended up ordering a second one about 5 minutes later RNRN1127625XX (almost 20,000 orders later assuming its sequential). I obviously cancelled that one.

I am Happy that someone found this thing to be attractive. If you look at the market reaction to the offering, it was not well received. The stock is dumping BIG! It looks to me like Elon's DeLorean. Hopefully he will not get into a drug deal to keep it going

It's definitely not attractive. I'm putting down a 'deposit' on the specs.

There's no chance that prototype ends up as the final product.

No mirrors. No crumple zones.

I could live with it if they fixed the back half of the cab.... But it isn't going to replace my chevy silverado 4x4

Reactions: austinmichaeld
It's definitely not attractive. I'm putting down a 'deposit' on the specs.

There's no chance that prototype ends up as the final product.

No mirrors. No crumple zones.

I could live with it if they fixed the back half of the cab.... But it isn't going to replace my chevy silverado 4x4
Tesla does not typically make radical changes from when they first show a vehicle and when it goes into production.

Tesla does not typically make radical changes from when they first show a vehicle and when it goes into production.

Perhaps. But maybe this one needed to stay in the incubator a bit longer.

I still put a deposit 'down' so if I don't like it in 2 years there's hardly any downside to me.

I already own a truck that doesn't cost me hardly anything to run (except fuel).

I'm pretty sure in the last few months, Elon said something like he wasn't sure how the truck would be received, and if it was not received well, they'd consider altering it OR also releasing a "more-traditional-looking truck." My guess is this is the Cybertruck. Minor changes may happen. I could see a more-traditional truck coming later, but with the Y, Cybertruck, Semi and Roadster in the pipeline, hard to say if they could pull it off.

Perhaps. But maybe this one needed to stay in the incubator a bit longer.

I still put a deposit 'down' so if I don't like it in 2 years there's hardly any downside to me.

I already own a truck that doesn't cost me hardly anything to run (except fuel).

I'm pretty sure in the last few months, Elon said something like he wasn't sure how the truck would be received, and if it was not received well, they'd consider altering it OR also releasing a "more-traditional-looking truck." My guess is this is the Cybertruck. Minor changes may happen. I could see a more-traditional truck coming later, but with the Y, Cybertruck, Semi and Roadster in the pipeline, hard to say if they could pull it off.

Whether this was “well received” depends on who you ask. Sure, plenty of people hate it, but that doesn’t really matter as long as there are enough that love it. Given the order numbers reported so far, it seems there are.

Ya, I think it's a polarizing design that some will hate and some will love. At the end of the day, I believe the entry-level Rivian truck with similar specs is priced $30,000 more...

People who want an electric truck will really consider the Cybertruck due to what you get for the price regardless of the look. Personally, I love it. Push boundaries and do things differently.

Whether this was “well received” depends on who you ask. Sure, plenty of people hate it, but that doesn’t really matter as long as there are enough that love it. Given the order numbers reported so far, it seems there are.

112777785 after unveil
112839382 9:30am eastern

Looks like about 170,000 reservations in less than 24hrs

For interest found this article on ford Mach-E 14,000 reservations in the first couple of days granted $500 vs $100. Separately that Ford is cell limited to a maximum 50,000 Mach-E in the first year.

Ford Gets 14,000 Reservations For The Mustang Mach-E (Electric SUV)
Nov. 20, 2019 12:24 PM ET
|
201 comments

|
About: Ford Motor Company (F), Includes: TSLA

Anton Wahlman

Long/short equity
MARKETPLACE
Auto/Mobility Investors

(5,619 followers)
Summary

Based on tracking reservation numbers for those who placed $500 deposits, I have a very good sense of how many Ford obtained thus far.

By the end of Sunday evening, Ford had reached almost 10,000. On Monday, half way through the day, the number stood around 12,000.

And now, as I write this on Tuesday afternoon, the number stands around 14,000.

112777785 after unveil
112839382 9:30am eastern

Looks like about 170,000 reservations in less than 24hrs

For interest found this article on ford Mach-E 14,000 reservations in the first couple of days granted $500 vs $100. Separately that Ford is cell limited to a maximum 50,000 Mach-E in the first year.

Ford Gets 14,000 Reservations For The Mustang Mach-E (Electric SUV)
Nov. 20, 2019 12:24 PM ET
|
201 comments

|
About: Ford Motor Company (F), Includes: TSLA

Anton Wahlman

Long/short equity
MARKETPLACE
Auto/Mobility Investors

(5,619 followers)
Summary

Based on tracking reservation numbers for those who placed $500 deposits, I have a very good sense of how many Ford obtained thus far.

By the end of Sunday evening, Ford had reached almost 10,000. On Monday, half way through the day, the number stood around 12,000.

And now, as I write this on Tuesday afternoon, the number stands around 14,000.

tenor.gif

giphy.gif