Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Dash board bottom row of data

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is it just my eyesight or could the bottom row of numbers be bigger? I find them very hard to read especially when I dim the "glass cockpit" at night.

Where the odometer, outside temp is, etc.

Would love that row to be at least double the size ... they have the room surely?

Or can one enlarge them?

Not just you, I have the same problem (or same eyesight!), I have to turn up the brightness at night to read the bottom row of numbers, as I usually have it around 10 then.

Although I have the opposite problem at night when the turn-by-turn navigation decides to show 3D simulated exit imagery... that comes up WAY brighter than everything else and practically blinds me.

I'd like that little row of numbers larger, too. My eyes aren't what they used to be--they're fine for driving, but it's the close up stuff that I need glasses for, and that text is tiny. It could also be whiter, methinks.

I agree too

Is it just my eyesight or could the bottom row of numbers be bigger? I find them very hard to read especially when I dim the "glass cockpit" at night.

Would love that row to be at least double the size ... they have the room surely?

Or can one enlarge them?

I e-mailed TESLA in November about this.
The space is there and the programming to do this should be quite trivial.
It certainly would be much appreciated by many of us older TESLA fans.

Or can one enlarge them?

Here's another vote for larger font size and/or improved contrast for that bottom row. Something like the trip meter size/contrast would be acceptable.

I find the background in night mode to be too gray, not black, so contrast suffers and there's too much light emitted overall. Not sure if this is a pallet color problem (the dash display artist chose to use gray instead of black for the background) or a panel contrast light leakage problem ("black" is never completely dark).

I think if they could tweak the background to be more black, contrast would be improved and the text would be more readable. I'd also have less distracting glow in my face.

The My Tesla screen with the huge 'miles remaining' figure is my default screen because of the easy to read figures and also because it is centered up/down leaving most of the 17in screen black. No bright screen burning a hole in driver's side vision.

THIS is where TM could duplicate the 'info line' in a much larger font for quick scannability while driving. TM would be doing a nice end run around any potential 'americans with disabilities complaints'.
--

The My Tesla screen with the huge 'miles remaining' figure is my default screen because of the easy to read figures and also because it is centered up/down leaving most of the 17in screen black. No bright screen burning a hole in driver's side vision.

THIS is where TM could duplicate the 'info line' in a much larger font for quick scannability while driving. TM would be doing a nice end run around any potential 'americans with disabilities complaints'.
--

Or for those of us with age disadvantaged eyes. Also, I happen to be very nearsighted. Corrective lenses give me clear vision (at least in my one good eye), but the images are proportionately smaller to my brain, so the small font becomes very small. I wonder if software could make this adjustable to the user? RNG :crying:

The day of pickup at the factory I requested either a choice of font size or a just plain ol bigger font. You see that in six months nothing has happened, no one has commented on the request. I have repeated this to customer service and ownership experience people. Is there a way to get
Tesla's attention? Maybe use Bigger Font? For some reason it is possible to do in almost any other program or device.