Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vendor Dashboard for Tesla - the better app for your Tesla

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
[QUOTESG57, post: 1822036, member: 50711"]illa , glad you like it! Camping in your Tesla is an experience, especially if you have the panoramic roof.

@supratachophobia , again, thanks for the support, it means a lot.

1. Absolutely, and of course as new useful APIs are exposed, they too will be put to use.

2. It was of great import while designing the app to give explicit feedback when executing commands so you always know that something is being done to your vehicle and its result. I want to be as forthright as possible, glad you like it too.

3. Oh man, did I really miss the mark on the sun roof icon that badly?? The stick figure gun is supposed to be a roof, and the light bulb is supposed to be a sun. The way my brain saw it was- sun...roof....so I took a roof and stuck it over the sun.

4. Actually you have it backwards, the steering wheel heater status is not exposed while the rear seat heaters statuses are exposed through the API and should be functioning. Do you have a Model X? If so, I'd like to talk to you privately on this.

5. Android is my specialty, only made sense to target it initially. The iOS build is in the far future, but will be a fun task once I'm happy with the Android build.

-

I like your brain sir! Those are great ideas I hadn't thought of, they make sense and add value. I've assessed the feasibility of each of them, and they all look promising. The last 2 can be done easily enough, the 1st one will be the most challenging, but I'm confident it is do-able in an elegant manner (that's important to me, I will not release hacky features). I'll add each to my issue tracking system and prioritize them.

Thanks for the love, and tell the folks at the club I said hi :) Let them know they can use this 1-day-only access code 1083 to try out the app on their vehicles themselves for free, even the additional features. This applies to anyone else reading this as well, so give it a shot, but it's only valid this Wednesday. To enter the access code, touch and hold the sign-in button for 3 seconds (a cute nod to Tesla's own access code panel).[/QUOTE]

Doh! I Missed out in the one day access code. Was bus paying
@Mattzilla , glad you like it! Camping in your Tesla is an experience, especially if you have the panoramic roof.

@supratachophobia , again, thanks for the support, it means a lot.

1. Absolutely, and of course as new useful APIs are exposed, they too will be put to use.

2. It was of great import while designing the app to give explicit feedback when executing commands so you always know that something is being done to your vehicle and its result. I want to be as forthright as possible, glad you like it too.

3. Oh man, did I really miss the mark on the sun roof icon that badly?? The stick figure gun is supposed to be a roof, and the light bulb is supposed to be a sun. The way my brain saw it was- sun...roof....so I took a roof and stuck it over the sun.

4. Actually you have it backwards, the steering wheel heater status is not exposed while the rear seat heaters statuses are exposed through the API and should be functioning. Do you have a Model X? If so, I'd like to talk to you privately on this.

5. Android is my specialty, only made sense to target it initially. The iOS build is in the far future, but will be a fun task once I'm happy with the Android build.

-

I like your brain sir! Those are great ideas I hadn't thought of, they make sense and add value. I've assessed the feasibility of each of them, and they all look promising. The last 2 can be done easily enough, the 1st one will be the most challenging, but I'm confident it is do-able in an elegant manner (that's important to me, I will not release hacky features). I'll add each to my issue tracking system and prioritize them.

Thanks for the love, and tell the folks at the club I said hi :) Let them know they can use this 1-day-only access code 1083 to try out the app on their vehicles themselves for free, even the additional features. This applies to anyone else reading this as well, so give it a shot, but it's only valid this Wednesday. To enter the access code, touch and hold the sign-in button for 3 seconds (a cute nod to Tesla's own access code panel).

Doh! I missed yesterday's chance to try out the 1-day-only access code! I was kinda busy with slightly more important things like the election and I'm not even American!

Would you offer this again in the near future so others can try out the app unfettered? I think it would be a good idea for you to permanently make this available for one time use either time or date limited.

Cheers,

• Funny
Reactions: SG57
@miken79 , I've done some research on your question and all sources indicate in-app purchases are tied to the Google account you have signed into your device when you purchase them, they do not apply across the Family library. So plainly, I don't believe you can purchase items on your wife's Google account and have them apply to your account. Now, if you can use your wife's credit balance for in-app purchases from your account, then you should be good. The Family Library allows you to setup the Family Payment option all members can use, perhaps you can configure it to use her balance? Sorry I can't be of better help, let me know what you find out though!

@notsoice , yes the election was a remarkable one, and I am American ha. Sorry you missed the 1-day-only access code, but I like your idea of a 1-day free pass offered all the time, and I'll add it in. I'm all for letting you guys try it out for real with less inconvenience, and only if you like it will you need to buy anything. Thanks for the idea!

@Plug it in , hmm the camper mode is shown on the Climate view at the bottom. Perhaps I should show a scrollbar for a brief time to indicate the view is scrollable with more content below. I'll add it in!

@GTIceman , I have Android Wear support on my radar for the future, but currently other features have priority, but in due time, it'll happen !

Reactions: GTIceman
Just used the app a lot on a 4,000 mile road trip. It connects really fast and works great overall.
I agree with others about the design of some buttons. That's the problem with the 'flat' look in general. Sometimes it;s hard to know what is a button and what it does. Took me a while to figure out how to activate camper mode for example.
Speaking of camper mode. I used it twice when I was taking a nap in the car. Once it failed to keep the heater running. I woke up and it was off. Do I have to keep the app open? The second time I saw the app being active in the background as a little icon in the title bar of my phone. How long does it stay active if the phone screen turns off? What happens if the phone is turned off completely?

One other thing (I also sent it through the app as feedback): If you have only one car, just automatically select it when the app is started. It's an extra step I always have to do starting the app and I only have one Tesla.

Reactions: davidc18 and SG57
@David99 , thanks for your support, glad you put it to the test! I understand your gripe over the flat GUI theme, I'll experiment with a few tweaks to the style to see if I can improve the notion of a "clickable" element while still retaining the minimalist, clean look and feel.

As per Camper Mode, I'm upset it let you down, I and others have vetted it when it's used properly. Camper Mode is enabled and running if there is a permanent notification in your status bar indicating Camper Mode is enabled and for which of your vehicles. If you do not see the notification, Camper Mode is not enabled. You may click on the notification to get back into the app, or click the Stop button in the notification to stop it from there. You may have multiple Camper Mode's enabled at the same time if you're so lucky as to have multiple Teslas.

If you turn on Camper Mode, you _can_ close the app and sleep your device as long as you retain internet connectivity. You can trust it'll still work because it uses Android's built-in AlarmManager which operates outside the scope of any application and allows waking the device temporarily to perform an action on a schedule (in this case, the Camper Mode service). If you turn the device off, or your device loses internet connection, or your Tesla loses internet connection, it may fail and turn itself off with an error notification indicating the problem. If you have the battery percent option or the time expiration option enabled for Camper Mode, these too may turn the Camper Mode off automatically and leave a status bar notification indicating when and the reason.

Based on how you described seeing the notification on the 2nd use only, I suspect you simply didn't have it turned on for the time it failed. I'll go ahead and add some more information around enabling these services when they're started regarding limitations and the sort.

Based on how you described seeing the notification on the 2nd use only, I suspect you simply didn't have it turned on for the time it failed.

Probably! I was pretty tired and haven't had time to get familiar with the app much. Driving for 43 hours straight with only 2 hours of sleep messed me up a little. :)

Data logging is definitely another great feature I'm looking forward to!

Are you considering adding the ability to get data from the CAN bus in the future?

Reactions: davidc18
@David99 , oh yea and I forgot to reply to your comment about auto-selecting vehicles on sign in, sorry about that was dealing with a clogged kitchen sink in the middle of writing that. Turns out pouring a pot full of rice down the garbage disposal is a good way to clog it all up..... Anyway, your feature is already out there! In the vehicle list view, click the little star in the top left of the vehicle card you want to set as your default vehicle. This will automatically select the vehicle for you on sign-in. I was considering auto-selecting the vehicle if there is only 1 in the list, but I don't want to be too quick to assume. Perhaps you're waiting for your 2nd Tesla to be visible.

Damn you drove 43 hours straight?? I've driven 10 hours round trip to seattle and back in 1 day, that was unbearable. I can't imagine 40+ hours. Then again, in a Tesla with auto pilot wouldnt be that bad heh.

Yes, Data Logging is on the road map for sure, it'll give great peace of mind knowing you have a history of the state of your vehicle through time.

Per the CAN bus, I haven't looked into the feasibility of it, but it'd be fun to look into once my other ideas are completed to my satisfaction.

@miken79 , I've done some research on your question and all sources indicate in-app purchases are tied to the Google account you have signed into your device when you purchase them, they do not apply across the Family library. So plainly, I don't believe you can purchase items on your wife's Google account and have them apply to your account. Now, if you can use your wife's credit balance for in-app purchases from your account, then you should be good. The Family Library allows you to setup the Family Payment option all members can use, perhaps you can configure it to use her balance? Sorry I can't be of better help, let me know what you find out though!

@notsoice , yes the election was a remarkable one, and I am American ha. Sorry you missed the 1-day-only access code, but I like your idea of a 1-day free pass offered all the time, and I'll add it in. I'm all for letting you guys try it out for real with less inconvenience, and only if you like it will you need to buy anything. Thanks for the idea!

@Plug it in , hmm the camper mode is shown on the Climate view at the bottom. Perhaps I should show a scrollbar for a brief time to indicate the view is scrollable with more content below. I'll add it in!

@GTIceman , I have Android Wear support on my radar for the future, but currently other features have priority, but in due time, it'll happen !

Great! How long before it's out? Perhaps you can have another 1-day pass until then?

Hey all, I've released a new version with some new features and improvements.

-

Cabin Temperature Protection

A great feature for those in uncomfortable weather. You can now protect the cabin temperature of your Tesla from reaching extreme temperatures around the clock.

This feature works by periodically monitoring the status of your vehicle, automatically starting, stopping, and adjusting the HVAC system to keep your cabin temperature within your desired range.

Requires your device to stay powered on, and requires both your Tesla and your device to maintain internet connection.

Also, here you can see I've made a tweak to the visual style of all things I consider "clickable".

ctp1.jpg

Fingerprint Sign In

Another feature straight from your guys' suggestions! You may now associate the fingerprints on your device with your My Tesla account, if your device supports fingerprint hardware. You can then use your fingerprint when signing in, or when initiating keyless driving.

Improvements

I've made quite a few improvements to various aspects, some of which were from your guys' suggestions. Here's a few:
  • Added a 1-Day Full Access product that gives you 24 hours with complete access to everything, including all special features. I'll be running a promotion soon that will give this away for free to a number of you
  • Button look-and-feel has been tweaked to better indicate what is "clickable"
  • Keyless driving now has an autofill password setting you can opt into
  • Improved firmware update check with better logic and new firmware's nickname
  • Improved Camper Mode service to be more reliable
  • Added help buttons to each product item detailing what that product is, and what it grants within the app
  • Added help buttons to advanced climate features detailing what they do and their requirements
  • Added permanent scroll bars to all views

I still have a lot on the roadmap, all in due time!

Use this tomorrow-only valid access code 3604 when signing in and you can check every feature out for free on your own Tesla. To enter an access code, press and hold the sign-in button for 3 seconds.

Thank you for all the support, I appreciate it.
Cheers

Last edited:
Hey all, I've released a new version with some new features and improvements.

-

Cabin Temperature Protection

A great feature for those in uncomfortable weather. You can now protect the cabin temperature of your Tesla from reaching extreme temperatures around the clock.

This feature works by periodically monitoring the status of your vehicle, automatically starting, stopping, and adjusting the HVAC system to keep your cabin temperature within your desired range.

Requires your device to stay powered on, and requires both your Tesla and your device to maintain internet connection.

Also, here you can see I've made a tweak to the visual style of all things I consider "clickable".

ctp1.jpg

Fingerprint Sign In

Another feature straight from your guys' suggestions! You may now associate the fingerprints on your device with your My Tesla account, if your device supports fingerprint hardware. You can then use your fingerprint when signing in, or when initiating keyless driving.

Improvements

I've made quite a few improvements to various aspects, some of which were from your guys' suggestions. Here's a few:
  • Added a 1-Day Full Access product that gives you 24 hours with complete access to everything, including all special features. I'll be running a promotion soon that will give this away for free to a number of you
  • Button look-and-feel has been tweaked to better indicate what is "clickable"
  • Keyless driving now has an autofill password setting you can opt into
  • Improved firmware update check with better logic and new firmware's nickname
  • Improved Camper Mode service to be more reliable
  • Added help buttons to each product item detailing what that product is, and what it grants within the app
  • Added help buttons to advanced climate features detailing what they do and their requirements
  • Added permanent scroll bars to all views

I still have a lot on the roadmap, all in due time!

Use this tomorrow-only valid access code 3604 when signing in and you can check every feature out for free on your own Tesla. To enter an access code, press and hold the sign-in button for 3 seconds.

Thank you for all the support, I appreciate it.
Cheers

Fantastic! Will give it a try. Another suggestion for the next update...offer SI units of measurement for those of us not in the US.

@HankLloydRight , yes I use your firmware tracker to determine if there is a new firmware available if at least 10 others have reported it. It's not completely reliable, but it's an attempt anyway. And yes I use the nickname field, if present, just for kicks. Great service!

@Plug it in , sadly no. Currently there is no known way to remotely control the seat heaters, defrosters, trunks, windows or suspension (and many more) through Tesla's official APIs. Just as soon as it's possible, I'll be adding that functionality though. I would benefit from that greatly for when I forget to turn on the seat heaters at night for the morning after.

@notsoice , thanks for your support! I would love to offer SI units of measurements for those not in the US. In fact, if you check the Settings menu, you already can change many of the units for temperature, distance, and time. ;)

-

All, I've identified a few minor bugs in the current build, I'll be fixing them pushing an update ASAP with details.

Reactions: HankLloydRight
@SG57, Do you have a list of intents that you could publish that your app uses for various settings? I was just thinking if I could set Tasker to call those intents and do some automation with the car.

Something like, if it's between 2:45 and 3:30 and I shut off my work computer and leave my office Tasker could send the intent to your app to turn on HVAC.

• Helpful
Is there a way to disable the fingerprint message every time I log into the app? I don't want to use my fingerprint. I went into settings and made sure it was unselected, but it still asks me every single time I launch the app if I want to use my fingerprint to login.

@miken79, your head is in the right place, I have the same mindset in terms of scheduling behaviors like that. Currently, there are no intents exposed for 3rd party access, however I do plan to have scheduled behaviors implemented natively within the app. That will be released in the future, the next release will be for advanced charging features plug in reminder and smart charging.

@Mattzilla , I understand how that can be annoying, I'll get an update out soon where you can never be asked again. Thanks for your patience!

Reactions: Mattzilla